IGNORED

London Syro Listening Event - 05/09/14, 8pm

lawrenke

The 3rd track was some FUNKY SHIT!!! Can't wait to hear that one again

also just back.

can confirm; shit is funky.

it's an album of club tracks almost. some amazing synth work in there. Doesn't disappoint. sort of keytar vibe to one of the tracks... one really manic track about halfway thru that just sort of.. eh. I didn't feel it. anastasia is as close as identical to the barbican performance. track 3, some others and the second to last one.

SHIT WAS AWESOME

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

can you please, like, sing and record the whole album from your memory, track by track, while it's still fresh? well at least the most catchy tunes and weirdest brakes. thx in advance

i directly asked a guy who was on this particular event to find if that exact tracks have been played, i don't care who and when confirmed this before, even the queen herself gosh...one thing is youtube copyright crack confirmation, and other - official listening

the guy that posted that was at the event tonight

This was on it

are you serious lol?

which track was it?

edit: also that kind of sucks in my books. Don't want that track taking up real estate...

Yup, can't remember which one..5?

I understood it that the mix tracks were collabs or have I got it wrong?

hey chunks

curious why that is your understanding. Did you read it somewhere?

Read on another forum about the mix tracks being collaborations. I don't know if this is correct, but Minipops 67 does have that Plaid sound...

Just a rumour I believe. I can't hear the plaid connection at all, and I don't think he'd make his 1st album proper in over a decade to be 75% collabs. Just my 2 cents of course.

edit: 58.33% for all you mathy people

I hear you. Looking forward to the Barbican piano piece - cheers Richard *thumbs up*

second page then innit?

I'd say from track 5 onwards it's all pretty hard and rhythmic, beats flying all over the place. Tracks 1-4 are more like dreamy lush (sorry for using that word :P) tracks.

I think people will grow to really love this album. And it's definitely his most accessible.

so was metz/singapore/that piano tracks there? was japan bonus track played? what was inside, any special headphones like on druqks listening party? was everyone drunk and on drugs? ye little review would be helpful =)

all three of the first tracks already confirmed on da first page of this thread

=)

no it wasn't

Posted Today, 08:10 AM

YELLOW, on 05 Sept 2014 - 08:51 AM, said:snapback.png

Fellas I want WATMM confirmation of Metz and Singapore and possibly Minehead

Friendly Foil, on 05 Sept 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:snapback.png

And Barbican piano

pllssss

these have all been confirmed, babrbican piano is the last track

i directly asked a guy who was on this particular event to find if that exact tracks have been played, i don't care who and when confirmed this before, even the queen herself gosh...one thing is youtube copyright crack confirmation, and other - official listening

i think you may of asked me? guy in a white jumper?

i swear at one point i was standing next to a girl browsing watmm on her iphone

plus while queuing for my phone standing next to a architect, scientist and gallery owner, one of whom seemed familiar from photos, plus sarted talking to 2 girls in the queue next to these people one of whom was v nice, watmmer? may of seen some other people who looked familiar from selfie thread

anyway, i missed the first 3 tracks (2 track was metz) heard meinhead, was wicked, heard the afx vibert synth test one, fucking banger, heard singapore, waaaay better then i thought and ended with barbican. the amen rinse out before barbican was v good. seemed like a great album, difficult to say as the sound was to muddy in the venue and i was to excited, saw space dimension controller dancing about.

anyway v hyped now, wanted to carry on going out, was gonna go to a house party andrew weatherhall was dj;ing at but my brother had my keyes to my flat and i needed them, shaaaaame

yeah great, v loose sounding, not so much "omg how did he make that sound?", very up beat, nice melodies, amazing beats and drum sounds, i recon on those speakers i missed a lot of details, the vibert synth test track was just amazing, the kick drum was just sensational

dat copenhagen track is pretty dope. i got into it a couple summers ago and distinctly remembered bumping it on the 4th of july. Excited to hear THIS FUCKING ALBUUM. I started reading an article that had details about every track and once I got to the end of the 3rd track I was like "Nope, I want some surprises". and x'd that shit right quick. I need this music badly, right fucking now. I'm salivating

This was on it

are you serious lol?

which track was it?

edit: also that kind of sucks in my books. Don't want that track taking up real estate...

Yup, can't remember which one..5?

I understood it that the mix tracks were collabs or have I got it wrong?

Bradley's Robot A1 at 01:34

There was some vocal stuff in the middle that reminded me of the beginning of the rubber Johnny track. Dunno if it was at the beginning or end of a track or if it was the short one in the middle (sorry can't be bothered to look at track list, I'm drunk and trying to reheat a fucking stew). There was a wicked breaksy track in there, really funky, where the rhythm seemed to alternate between straight and really swung. Seem to remember at one point at end.of a tracks he just says something, or was I imagining thatc :/

Guest trananhhung

I was there. It sounds amazing. Really! Some really hardcore techno tracks. It's a corker! Prepare yourselves and fasten your seat belts.

Just got back from the London listening event. Few pics here, including my very limited notes I made in the darkness and the goodies we got at the end.

To confirm: METZ, SINGAPORE(WOBBLY CHORDS), BARBICAN and COPENHAGEN(SNOWBOMBING) tracks all feature on the album. We already knew Manchester was on there.

Overall vibe was Tuss-meets-Drukqs beats kinda thing. Sounds absolutely wicked, loads of amazing production and programming as expected, with lush synths and stuff as well. Some of the tracks in the latter stage of the album really pick up the pace a la Mont st. Michel/54 Cymru beats. Track 3 has a great swung hip-hop kinda feel with lots of great synth bits. Second half of track 9 is particularly special, as are the whole of 6 and 8; interesting development throughout. The short interlude (track 7) didn't really sound great on the soundsystem; kinda like MIDI guitar chords. Track 11 has this quick snappy snare motif thing. One of the tracks (can't remember which) had super classic chords/synth sound, like ICBYD/RDJ era.

Will post some more once it comes back to me, gonna listen to the live recordings again and see what else I can recall. Can't wait to hear it on vinyl with some nice headphones, will be a different experience. hope that informs some of ya!

eRhiQgSl.jpg

3VyOSl5l.jpg

JhfKFMyl.jpg

plus at the end you were given a plastic bag with the logo and a a5 booklet with with about 8 pages of aphex twins logo, will scan tomoz

Fuck off really? I just wandered out. Would've loved a goody bag. Got chatting to some people inside and out but don't think they were from this site :) good crowd, really good vibe

plus at the end you were given a plastic bag with the logo and a a5 booklet with with about 8 pages of aphex twins logo, will scan tomoz

Fuck off really? I just wandered out. Would've loved a goody bag. Got chatting to some people inside and out but don't think they were from this site :) good crowd, really good vibe

well i was wearing a white jumper, black glasses and a black rucksack

kicking my self i missed the first 3 songs but also kinda happy that i will still get that surprise

also the album recoding of swingin piano you can hear birds in the bkg and the chords seemed to start a stop a lot? also very nice hiss through out

really great atmosphere in the place, not chin strokey at all or to worshipy, everyone was up for a good time

also the album recoding of swingin piano you can hear birds in the bkg and the chords seemed to start a stop a lot? also very nice hiss through out

Shame people were talking so loudly throughout it, but the album just kept building before that so I don't blame them as I was absolutely buzzing by that point

@funkaholic

If.you missed track 3 you're in for a treat :) FUNKAHOL

i heard it while i was queuing, sounded like a live synth funk band from the late 70s/early 80s

walked in on meinhead

Shame people were talking so loudly throughout it, but the album just kept building before that so I don't blame them as I was absolutely buzzing by that point

i didn't mind the talking, wouldof been horrid if people were standing around trying to be respectful and quiet in a essentially bar/club atmosphere

Archived