IGNORED

Drukqs is truly a modern masterpiece.

Guest Snazzell

Also, I really wonder if he'll be digging more into trackers like renoise (I know he's got it because he's got his kids set up using it) or something else when it comes to the Casio track I mentioned above, although it's probably hard for him to get in that computer mindset when he's surrounded by all those studios and old samplers and fancy cirklon sequencers. Hoping he'll come out with something more sample-heavy at some point, either way.

/baseless speculation

Does anyone think if Drukqs has been released as two separate entities, one piano album and one with the complex beats, then it may have received better reviews at the time?

Does anyone think if Drukqs has been released as two separate entities, one piano album and one with the complex beats, then it may have received better reviews at the time?

I don't think it matters how well it was received, I'm sure Rich didn't care much about that and did it as one album as a creative decision. Also, I think that it works best like that, the quieter more chilled out vignettes provide a nice break from the drill'n'bass tracks, especially on the second disk which is full of those long ones.

drukqs was probably done on an old pismo laptop. he had some amazing samples. amazing talent

Yeah, it just boggles my mind how much talent and focus he must have had to be able to sit down with hundreds of well chosen samples and sequence them in a certain order to create 54 Cymru Beats, a track full of darkness and amazing chaotic energy. An unbelievable feat.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 years later...
  • 3 months later...

this might be jazz, but I just stumbled upon this track today (LAM- Toxic TV, drexciya alias) and it sounded really familiar - could it be that RDJ sampled the beginning of this track in Taking Control? Or do both tracks contain a sample from yet another track that I'm not aware of?

Edited by AnwarAutokino
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 5/7/2021 at 2:05 PM, AnwarAutokino said:

this might be jazz, but I just stumbled upon this track today (LAM- Toxic TV, drexciya alias) and it sounded really familiar - could it be that RDJ sampled the beginning of this track in Taking Control? Or do both tracks contain a sample from yet another track that I'm not aware of?

Both are making use of the drum sounds of the Casio SK-1 from 1986. Have a listen to the drum portions in this video. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...

drukqs was just a few casual tracks thrown together with some random samples he had lying around while traveling around on holiday. He filled in the gaps while fucking around with the piano in the hotel lobby. He had another, better album ready to go but lost it on a plane.

• Haha 2

29 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

image.png.b0a1d6fc06f457f0d1c28280a7eb4f13.png

so i just took my first ever iq test after reading this

514086805_Screenshot2021-06-28at13_29_42.thumb.png.37ddd206013261bf264a02e172665b38.png

iq of 130

i'm no genius but i listen to aphex twin

:aphexsign::aphexsign::aphexsign:

51 minutes ago, hello spiral said:

image.png.b0a1d6fc06f457f0d1c28280a7eb4f13.png

Damn, just one point off as well... so close. I hope he still manages to catch some of the rudimentary elements, poor chap.

• Like 1

thought i would've at least had an iq of 420

• Like 1
  • Burger 1

On 6/28/2021 at 7:56 AM, Key said:

Damn, just one point off as well... so close. I hope he still manages to catch some of the rudimentary elements, poor chap.

yeah it's really a shame. I don't know if I would even consider someone having under 120 IQ as being 'conscious'. Very smooth brained with over-reliance on the lizard brain. Very sad.

They appear to us, as zombies appear to them.

Edited by Brisbot
  • Haha 2

• 3 weeks later...

What kind of music is this! He’s just pressing buttons! Anyone can do that!

Look! (Wacks todger onto ? while making a gurning face)

Edited by beerwolf
  • Big Brain 1