IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

Contender for best spin-off show ever?

it definitely feels like the best possible way they could have extended the brba universe at this point. a straight comedy would have felt weird, trying to maintain the thriller feel would have felt cheap, the public has started to turn on the whole "middle-class white patriarch lives out violent power fantasy" formula so it's good that they strayed far away from that.

It's like...not just surprising that something so low-key is the direct follow-up to what tons of ppl came to regard as THE MOST INTENSE SHOW EVER, but also surprising that it works so well, feels like a fitting continuation, and still manages to get me invested in it

Pretty solid episode last night. Nice cinematography. Some nice pinnache as we've come to expect.

The episode, I think, encapsulates the arc of the 2nd season and where we're heading.

I think each season will show another little piece of the after story, but it has to end with him meeting a gruesome end. If you subscribe to the theory that Walking Dead exists after BB and BCS then you know there are no happy endings.

Hahahahahah.

I loved this episode so much. Especially the scenes with Chuck. His piano piece was gorgeous. And when he visits the meeting later on - I love how they don't even announce that he's coming, just that they have to cut the power and collect the phones, and this ominous energy spreads across the room as we realize what that means... brilliant. He's become the villain of the show, but in such a subtle way.

Brilliant episode. I feel like the interrogation scene at the end is the first true emergence of Saul Goodman. And the end with Kim is heartbreaking, because it's the first crack in the ice of their relationship. I'm wondering if there's ever been any piece of media in which you know where it's leading, but is still so captivating. This show is a damn beautiful tragedy. Shakespearean level.

A cameo from Hank would be interesting. I thought his character arc was one of the most interesting in Breaking Bad. He goes from being the butt of all the jokes - a bit of a square misguided meathead type, to being kind of a hero. The part when he realizes Walt is Heisenberg was Great Acting. His whole performance was underrated, unless he got some acclaim I didn't hear about. It couldn't have been an easy role to pull off.

Who else besides Gus could possibly show up, did Saul always have those two henchmen? He wasn't involved with the Mexicans at all right? Maybe his flaky secretary?

Well Mike mentioned Tuco in this one, so presumably he'll make an appearance this season. I reckon Gus won't show up until next season or something.

Who else besides Gus could possibly show up, did Saul always have those two henchmen? He wasn't involved with the Mexicans at all right? Maybe his flaky secretary?

A cameo from Hank would be interesting. I thought his character arc was one of the most interesting in Breaking Bad. He goes from being the butt of all the jokes - a bit of a square misguided meathead type, to being kind of a hero. The part when he realizes Walt is Heisenberg was Great Acting. His whole performance was underrated, unless he got some acclaim I didn't hear about. It couldn't have been an easy role to pull off.

Yeah I love Hank. I like how he becomes the moral center of the show despite his initial goofy bro cop vibe at first. He's a very believable character, the kind of real life detective you'd see featured in a documentary or something. Marie was always entertaining too.

This isn't a cameo exactly but an interesting observation. Somebody on Reddit pointed out that Pryce (legal name: Daniel Wormald) from Better Call Saul is likely "Danny" the laser-tag owner in BB. That is, the laser-tag that Saul recommended to Walt and Jesse for money laundering purposes. Given his geeky nature and now his involvement with Jimmy, it seems to fit.