IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

naw man, jimmy and chuck are brothers and they will stick together.

chucks illness is very symbolic of a return to a more primitive state, free of impurities... whereas the legal world and outside world in general is fraught with sickness and underhanded intentions, hence his physical allergy?

makes me think maybe the case jimmy brought him is making him better because its noble to help old people.

Pretty impressed with how many little details about legal practice the show gets right. Wasn't expecting it at all.

Edited by baph

Yeah Kim is about to go evil in the most realistically big law firm way possible. And if she doesn't she's fucked. Subtly horrifying echoes of my own life circa 2009. I mean serious PTSD triggering shit right hurr.

Edit: I ended up getting fucked, for clarification

Edited by baph

The flashback structure could be better, they limited those on BB, so maybe their experience at placing the viewer is still novice. It seems to waffle between sometime in the 90s, to sometime after the millennium. Cell phones seem to have become a red herring as to what time period we are watching.

Pretty impressed with how many little details about legal practice the show gets right. Wasn't expecting it at all.

This is by the same people who took great care to include details about chemistry in Breaking Bad despite most of it going completely over laymen's heads.

The flashback structure could be better, they limited those on BB, so maybe their experience at placing the viewer is still novice. It seems to waffle between sometime in the 90s, to sometime after the millennium. Cell phones seem to have become a red herring as to what time period we are watching.

What are you finding wrong with it? I really like the way they do them, it forces you to pay close attention to the details to figure out what time the scene occurs in. Like during the opening scene we see Saul's brother at his office at Hamlin, which serves both to mark that scene as the past and to foreshadow him getting back into law. They are so good at directing the viewer's attention, I just trust in what they're doing and enjoy the ride.

Edited by sweepstakes

What are you finding wrong with it? I really like the way they do them, it forces you to pay close attention to the details to figure out what time the scene occurs in. Like during the opening scene we see Saul's brother at his office at Hamlin, which serves both to mark that scene as the past and to foreshadow him getting back into law. They are so good at directing the viewer's attention, I just trust in what they're doing and enjoy the ride.

I thought the Last Flashback with Jimmy & Hamlin? where he utterly gets shot down for a gig was slick. All you get is the drone of the copy machine. (possibly a metaphor for jimmy's life, just stuck doing the same thing no matter what). Then Hamlin just walks out & utters the final sentence as an exclamation point. Artsy & effective.

I thought the Last Flashback with Jimmy & Hamlin? where he utterly gets shot down for a gig was slick. All you get is the drone of the copy machine. (possibly a metaphor for jimmy's life, just stuck doing the same thing no matter what). Then Hamlin just walks out & utters the final sentence as an exclamation point. Artsy & effective.

Oh yeah. That was great. Maybe a little heavy handed but I thought the same about it. "Do you want the door open or closed?" Brutal.

Oh yeah. That was great. Maybe a little heavy handed but I thought the same about it. "Do you want the door open or closed?" Brutal.

Pretty excite for the last few episodes. I'm sure it's going to go out pretty awesome setting up season 2. Glad NHL playoffs are starting at about the same time to fill the void of quality TV. Although there's a lot of buzz about American Crime Story airing on ABC tonight.

this show is going to end with walt entering saul's office

It will be something like that. I'm hypothesizing that it picks back up to the first cold open of the show where Saul is watching TV in the future & a news story comes on about Walt's death...or....Jesse swings by to play some video games & wax poetic about Brock. Yeh yea YEAAAAh BITCH

Edited by olo

this show is going to end with walt entering saul's office

they did say that the show was going to jump pre and post bb

it might happen in the end of a season... i will cum when that jappens.

i have a prediction, something bad is going to happen to Saul's brother. He seems to be literally the only thing grounding him at the moment to not go full 'slippin jimmy'.

I'm guessing chuck will betray him somehow and make him shed all the fucks he gives.

called it

On the bright side, at least we know how Mike gets involved with Gus.

Geez though, just brutal - and Jimmy didn't even call Chuck out on his bullshit "medical condition".

brutal speech by Chuck. top quality writing

That last scene between Jimmy & Chuck was perfectly acted & written. Although it's been alluded to throughout the series, it was a sad pleasure to see Chuck verbalize everything he's been holding in for years. I don't view him in a villainous light, much of what was said rang true. Kudos to the writers. Great scene.

Another 2 thumbs up for Mike's bad guys vs. criminal speech, & Hamlin's brutality with Kim.

The previews look like Jimmy is going back to his old grifter ways. Just take the money dude & heed Kim's words.

I just have to say that the cinematography is beautiful. The lighting and colors, my god

But yeah, this is top notch writing. I think it's probably even better than breaking bad. It seems like they write tension differently and the pace. Feels more realistic and not as dramatized, but that could change I guess. In any case it's different. The character basis is very similar though