IGNORED

Better Call Saul (spoilers ahoy)

Rubin Farr

I was wondering about that.With BB it was pretty well documented. I haven't been paying too much attention to it yet, but it looks like it checks out. Mrs. Kettleman was wearing lots of red last night & Jimmy's gal-friend had a lot of blue if I'm not mistaken. Quality episode btw. Heluva long track during Mike's B&E scene. I think there were some flatwounds on that bass.

Seriously though this is some goddamned good television. Love how they're weaving Saul and Mike into a relationship of mutual self-interest.

The colour-scheme is very cool.

Just got around to watching the last episode, man I'm hooked on this show... I really like how it's been less over-the-top than BB was so far. Damn good show. Also... Fuck the Kettlemans that bitch is SO obnoxious.

...Fuck the Kettlemans that bitch is SO obnoxious.

She's just a scared little girl who never grew up as evidenced by her need to be an utter control freak. Her breakdown at the end was perfect. Great acting.

best episode by far. also, I bet he got a call from that tuco guy

Probably not a bad call. There's only a few episodes left & I'm sure they got to bring that angle back in with the "nacho?" guy who threatened Jimmy. Curious to see what comes of the Mike/Vet meeting from the previews & who Mike may start to work for.

it got me thinking that in some ways series are a superior format than feature films when it comes to full fledged portrayal of the world, characters and their practices and experiences, but don't have the deserving "art world" standing as a medium. this last episode simply showed saul's actual work in detail, something that would be compressed to 3-5 minutes in a film and lose most of the essence.

Edited by eugene

^ pretty much feel the same way nowadays. But, that's because the quality of network/cable programming has grown by leaps & bounds. Some far more than others mind you. HBO/AMC/FX, etc...This ain't the 80's no more.

The television medium has definitely changed these past decade. And viewers have grown to expect quality from their TV instead of the mindless junk that it was for so long. The long form format of a TV show allows much more character growth and more complete world building than a 2 hour movie. It is a golden age for TV shows currently.

i have a prediction, something bad is going to happen to Saul's brother. He seems to be literally the only thing grounding him at the moment to not go full 'slippin jimmy'.

you seem to be using "grounding" in a negative connotation when in fact it's a good thing. chucks illness is very symbolic of a return to a more primitive state, free of impurities... whereas the legal world and outside world in general is fraught with sickness and underhanded intentions, hence his physical allergy?

chuck's the only thing keeping saul from spinning out of control. his will, though indomitable, teeters on obsessive and can get him into "sticky situations" as we saw quite literally in the 'dumpster scene' of the latest episode... so going to chucks house is a sort of cleansing for saul, i think

Edited by impotentwhitecapitalist

Or Saul going to chucks place is indicative of his inner nature; to use anyone, no matter how sick he is, in order for Jimmy to get ahead.