IGNORED

Squarepusher to unveil 2 new tracks on BBC Radio 1

cear

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sonnyskare

waits for someone to compare the 2 tracks to skrillorx***

I don't get the hate for skrillex on here, I like the attention he puts into his tracks and the dynamics.

First track is awesome, nice work Tom!

I don't get the hate for skrillex on here, I like the attention he puts into his tracks and the dynamics.

First track is awesome, nice work Tom!

I'm just saying, these tracks and some of the ufababoon tracks have some similar sounds. That's all. The grating "iphone in a blender" type sounds, you know?

I still like em.

read the rules skrillex thread.

edit: twice

I don't understand why you people are so enthusiastic about these two tracks. I consider myself a huge SP fan, but if these two tracks are glimpse into what he's been up to since Ufabulum, I think it's safe to say the man is out of ideas. I don't expect Tom to re-invent the wheel with every record, but this is doesn't even feel sightly refreshing within his own discography,

yup

no innovation,dynamics,emotion,beauty,wtf how did he do that moments or anything new here

sounds like ufab leftovers

smh

disappointed

compare this to anything up to ultarvisitor and it's as though it's not even the same guy

i feel sad about this

i wish i liked it more

running man is cool

it doesn't suck but it's just really meh by the numbers and phoned in

fuck

I don't understand why you people are so enthusiastic about these two tracks. I consider myself a huge SP fan, but if these two tracks are glimpse into what he's been up to since Ufabulum, I think it's safe to say the man is out of ideas. I don't expect Tom to re-invent the wheel with every record, but this is doesn't even feel sightly refreshing within his own discography,

how i felt about syro tbh

at least the square has consistently innovated his sound! and if these tracks were just recorded specifically for the broadcast, i can only imagine the ones written for the record will top them by a long shot.

"This email is an automated notification from Dropbox that your Public links have been temporarily suspended for generating excessive traffic. Your Dropbox will continue to function normally with the exception of Public links."

heh, someone reupload them somewhere!

Oh no - someone hacked my Dropbox and put this untitled track from Squarepusher in here! **__**

Untitled Track

And another one has just appeared! Is this Anonymous at work?

The Running Man

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS YOU BERKS

The track should be called something like "C.Atlas2_protoflex (cern mix)" and not "the running man" come on Squarepants thats not a Doors song !

sounds like he found his old go plastic/Ultravisitor patches and went completly mental with his robotfriends.

also thx pizza for the links

Guest Atom Dowry Firth

So I really enjoyed the first tune, then when the second tune started I was like OK now I can get down with this, then around about the three minute mark my trousers flew off.

yup

no innovation,dynamics,emotion,beauty,wtf how did he do that moments or anything new here

sounds like ufab leftovers

smh

disappointed

compare this to anything up to ultarvisitor and it's as though it's not even the same guy

i feel sad about this

i wish i liked it more

running man is cool

it doesn't suck but it's just really meh by the numbers and phoned in

fuck

pretty much in the same camp. Still looking forward to the new shit, but his recent output ain't my cup o tea really. Can't get over "The Cure" in the first one, unless it's some kinda remix. Need more interwoven melodies for my taste. His melodies lately are rather simple compared to his back catalog. Maybe I'm missing something.

Oh no - someone hacked my Dropbox and put this untitled track from Squarepusher in here! **__**

Untitled Track

And another one has just appeared! Is this Anonymous at work?

The Running Man

RIGHT CLICK SAVE AS YOU BERKS

Thanks

Yeeeeeeeeeaaaaaaah. Still the Fucking Daddy. Untitled is really awesome. The Running Man is great, but it sounds a bit like something from Ufabulum, one of the tracks I am not too into (303 Scopem Hard is what I'm thinking of). But it's better than that, and I actually did quite enjoy Ufab, so I'm not complaining. I could get with more of the first track. I'm just hoping he'll get back to some amen attacks on whatever his next record is.

Archived