IGNORED

Squarepusher to unveil 2 new tracks on BBC Radio 1

cear

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why you people are so enthusiastic about these two tracks. I consider myself a huge SP fan, but if these two tracks are glimpse into what he's been up to since Ufabulum, I think it's safe to say the man is out of ideas. I don't expect Tom to re-invent the wheel with every record, but this is doesn't even feel sightly refreshing within his own discography,

That's true, but it's still good. I think most people here are suckers for the proper drill and bass.

I don't understand why you people are so enthusiastic about these two tracks. I consider myself a huge SP fan, but if these two tracks are glimpse into what he's been up to since Ufabulum, I think it's safe to say the man is out of ideas. I don't expect Tom to re-invent the wheel with every record, but this is doesn't even feel sightly refreshing within his own discography,

That's true, but it's still good. I think most people here are suckers for the proper drill and bass.

:unsure:

most people here are suckers for the proper drill and bass

:facepalm:

Great tarcks. Whoever said Untitled sounds like a remix of Just Like Heaven by The Cure... yeah, as soon as I heard that first melody that's what I thought too. I once heard a rumour that Rob Smith sang the vocals on Tom's cover of Love Will Tear You Apart. I think that's BS though???

but they could have been AWESOME with some bass guitar action. IMO

Full agreement here. But, like you, I played bass for many years so that's why I was drawn to pusher to begin with.

Songs are great but damn.... that compression.

I don't listen to the radio. Is that related to it being broadcast?

It sounds mega compressed.

i suspect that is tom's 300,000 dollar euphonix mixing desk that was responsible for the over compressed side chained to death sound of ufab and yea i bet the beeb sqauhes their broadcast as well like all radio stations

get used to it

*weeps for the 16 x 4 mackie he used in the past

The good: Aphex pads and breaks.

The bad: Everything else because it just sounds like Ufabulum. The melodies, if we can call it that, are really daft, they sound like machinery but in a really basic and infantile way. There's nothing here that sounds like Go Plastic, the "liquid fx" in Go Plastic still sounds unmatched (sorry GB3, u know it's tru). Still, it's not a bad track, with some editing and restraint (mute like 70% of those sounds) it could end up being an amazing track.

If Tom added some old-school Squarepusher basslines yet it would be tops but now-a-days he just ends up processing the bass till it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

If Tom added some old-school Squarepusher basslines yet it would be tops but now-a-days he just ends up processing the bass till it sounds like nails on a chalkboard.

there is truth in this.

If he wants to take the cheesy pop road, he should go all the way in that direction, and ADD VOCALS. I would love to hear some Squarepusher with some mainstream pop singer, the result would still be awful, but in an interesting way.

Guest teetime

Oh lol. Ok this is the first time im not following you on this one tom. Cymrum Beats hommage and a weird take on todays mainstream glitch electronics.

Definitely not a fan of the uber compression and the overall sound aesthetics. Enjoying some of it on a child like level though. *Still hoping for shobaleader one someday.

Oh lol. Ok this is the first time im not following you on this one tom. Cymrum Beats hommage and a weird take on todays mainstream glitch electronics.

Definitely n

not a fan of the uber compression and the overall sound aesthetics. Enjoying some of it on a child like level though. *Still hoping for shobaleader one someday.

isn't the compression due to it being radio broadcast? radio compression is a thing isn't it? I can't find too much on it...

Archived