IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

6 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

senator warren reacts to the increase of freedom making it illegal to have abortions 

She was on tv yesterday shooting down the rumors like “there’s no way they would possibly do this” 

55 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

She was on tv yesterday shooting down the rumors like “there’s no way they would possibly do this” 

in her defense, it's not like the right think the left cheated to win the election and therefore biden is an illegitimate president so i see where she's coming from.

fascism in 3... 2... 1.....

dems are fucking stupid to think this wouldn't happen. they still just don't fucking get it. 

but i guess women will vote big in the midterms. 

Edited by ignatius
  • Like 1

15 minutes ago, ignatius said:

fascism in 3... 2... 1.....

dems are fucking stupid to think this wouldn't happen. they still just don't fucking get it. 

but i guess women will vote big in the midterms. 

I think that's something the right has never clearly understood, because their power structure is more male dominated, but white, conservative, and wealthy women have vaginas and abortion services as well. This issue cuts across demographics that few other issues do. But reversing what may be the most divisive issue in American politics, at a time when we are more divided than ever, will just hasten the fracturing of our culture.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Rubin Farr said:

I think that's something the right has never clearly understood, because their power structure is more male dominated, but white, conservative, and wealthy women have vaginas and abortion services as well. This issue cuts across demographics that few other issues do. But reversing what may be the most divisive issue in American politics, at a time when we are more divided than ever, will just hasten the fracturing of our culture.

don't underestimate the willingness of the right to vote against its own interests. 

this isn't even about the fetus. they want to control women. abortion rates more or less stay the same when abortion is banned vs accessible. what changes is more women die from abortions and more lives ruined from unwanted pregnancies, unwanted children etc. 

it's not like the right is going to push for free prenatal care, free day care, free school lunches etc... they don't care. this is all a wedge issue and 'owning the libs' and misogynous racist evangelical religious assholes. 

but the dems are indeed fucking stupid and not even playing the same game the right is playing when it comes to things like this.  "how dare they! i'm very angry" is a joke. like how fucking stupid does someone have to be not to see this coming??? 

• Like 3

not me, but you: lion ted cruz is a true hero to this republic. see and hear his words of wisdom and he perfectly conveys what the the nation is feeling right now. 

• Facepalm 3

57 minutes ago, ignatius said:

this is all a wedge issue and 'owning the libs' and misogynous racist evangelical religious assholes. 

bingo. that's what every fuckin thing in the American political world looks like. don't matter what it is, we got to beat the other team. and if you're an R - do it in the most hubristic way possible. we know this level of shit-headness (shit headery? is that a word?) really got kicked into high gear with trump. of course a large part of the blame for him comes down to those fuck nuts on team R allowing a con man into their fold. I mean they are totally fine with essentially letting a toddler brained orange man with a huuuuge sharpie red line the constitution, re-write it to suit his needs, and make a buck or 2 off the entire operation. there is no more making sense of anything in politics. I think the entire thing needs to be torched to the ground. but yeah, that will never happen.  

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, zero said:

I think the entire thing needs to be torched to the ground. but yeah, that will never happen.  

It’s been happening bro.
That is why trump got elected. People wanted to burn the whole thing down. They got what they wanted. 

36 minutes ago, zero said:

I think the entire thing needs to be torched to the ground. but yeah, that will never happen.  

but we're not done:

Oklahoma Gov. Kevin Stitt signed an abortion bill Tuesday that is modeled after a controversial Texas law.

The bill, formally known as S.B. 1503, creates the "Oklahoma Heartbeat Act," which bans abortions after cardiac activity or a fetal heartbeat can be detected, which typically occurs around six weeks -- before a woman often knows she is pregnant.

https://abcnews.go.com/Health/oklahoma-governor-signs-week-abortion-ban-law/story?id=84395778

20 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

It’s been happening bro.
That is why trump got elected. People wanted to burn the whole thing down. They got what they wanted. 

I get your point, and realize my comment was sorta vague. I suppose I meant torch it down with hopes something better will come next. yeah trump is torching the shit alright, and things are definitely not getting better. he's building up a con man fueled empire of people worse than him. yes men who are geniuses in coming up with the most backwards ass ideas ever. where the fuck is superman when you need him.

5 minutes ago, zero said:

I suppose I meant torch it down with hopes something better will come next. yeah trump is torching the shit alright, and things are definitely not getting better.

but here is the problem: there is a large percentage of the country that doesn't believe he is "torching the shit alright" and instead making it "great again"

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Nebraska said:

but here is the problem: there is a large percentage of the country that doesn't believe he is "torching the shit alright" and instead making it "great again"

you see, that's why I guess I like riffing in this place. this little known corner of the internet where aphex fans continue to show up to. this is a prime example of being brought down off my soapbox to reality. I sometimes totally lose track of the fact that there are complete and total douchebags out there that actually want more racism, want more societal division, and want all the other completely out of touch MAGA shit the orange one promises to make happen.

aaaand this is where I can go full on misanthrope on humanity. start railing about how the majority of humans are living in tunnel vision world, and aren't smart enough to escape it. but that is like Matrix level shit, totally unfashionable, been done to death.

I.don't.even.know.anymore.man. this entire fucking thing, and I mean society, what we do to this planet of ours, human life, is all packed with bad processes. we, the end users, see this, and scream day in, day out for someone, something, to fix it. yet what do we get? some stupid ass white guy politician giving lip service to the largest groups of donors/voters, and making decisions most sensible folks don't agree with. this all leads me to the conclusion that I just gotta constantly reiterate to myself the fact that the game is fuckin skewed, there is no fair play, greed is good...which completely goes against the mental grain of those of us who actually DO give a shit, have to raise young people in this, etc.

so yeah, torch it all down if something better can grow up in its place. but current pace dictates that shit is getting torched, but there isn't any game plan in place to make it better. that's what the MAGA fucks do. just burn it down, and look to the con man to preach it to them. yet he is so full of it he doesn't even live in reality...it's paper napkin planning. burnt steak with ketchup. what a fucking shit show.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 5/3/2022 at 9:12 AM, Rubin Farr said:

Is the hypocrisy of this lost on anyone?

53C221AF-6E1B-4DEB-A596-D652AC401D09.webp

So ironic. But she doesn't look the part at all

ATLANTA (AP) — A judge in Georgia on Friday found that Rep. Marjorie Taylor Green (R-Ga.) can run for reelection, rejecting arguments from a group of voters who had challenged her eligibility over allegations that she engaged in insurrection. But the decision will ultimately be up to Republican Secretary of State Brad Raffensperger.

https://thehill.com/news/state-watch/3479867-judge-marjorie-taylor-greene-is-qualified-for-reelection/

• Facepalm 1

when the private sector attracts all the smart and talented people, the governments are left with such delusional narcissistic idiots and the world goes down the shitter

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Nebraska said:

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

Crazy if this shit spreds to the rest of the world