IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

you have like 3 good idm producers in the uk, always have, and they lifted it from Detroit. So don't give me that shit

Isn't it depressing that you needed that sound repackaged by a bunch of white guys from rural England before you could embrace it. Disgusting racism

you have like 3 good idm producers in the uk, always have, and they lifted it from Detroit. So don't give me that shit

Isn't it depressing that you needed that sound repackaged by a bunch of white guys from rural England before you could embrace it. Disgusting racism
True but IDM did retroactively get me into Detroit tunes.

Also DJ Rashad is still the only footwork I really love. And I dislike almost all white rappers except Riff Raff

True but IDM did retroactively get me into Detroit tunes.

Also DJ Rashad is still the only footwork I really love. And I dislike almost all white rappers except Riff Raff

Re. white rappers: Milkbone was pretty good:

and the first wave of Detroit electronic producers were influenced by various British synth pop & Euro-Beat, as much as they were by the city's own musical pedigree

heard Juan Atkins & KDJ both drop Yazoo's (aye Vince Clarke) "Situation".....fuckin rrrrrockin record, Alison Moyet should be tapped up more often by contemporary producers, her voice

Theo Parrish regularly plays this olde Nitzer-Ebb behemoth:

summary - most contemporary American music derives from African & European idioms, although i personally owe lot to Mr Jerry Garcia for educating joe-public plebs like meself with takes/versions from The Great American Songbook, an epic & immense catalog of tunes in & of itself

hqdefault.jpg

you can't joke, you're Inspector Bergerac & wtf is going on with the Ted Heath investigation?

& dont even think about logging any over-time this month, the tax-payer has shelled out enuff already

Edited by cwmbrancity

Ramones, Stooges. Its all I need. Keep the rest. IDM is awful expect for aphex and autechre. The best electronic music was made in the 1950's and 60's, by French people, American people and British people and German people

Edited by marf

ps: trade you a parcel of Bob Evans b&g portions for, errrrr, uggghhhhh, errrrrm, some stale cold fish & chips & a few Coil rarities

Sold.
Send a pallet of m&s sausage rolls, and you’ve gotta deal. Edited by doublename

ps: trade you a parcel of Bob Evans b&g portions for, errrrr, uggghhhhh, errrrrm, some stale cold fish & chips & a few Coil rarities

Sold.
Send a pallet of m&s sausage rolls, and you’ve gotta deal.

Until you've had homemade sausage rolls, you haven't had shit. You'll never go back to bought ones (although M and S are the pick of the bunch, possibly)

nothing like a random artery wall or gristle bit for the molars to just roll over on & dry heave

Chris Carter has this all under control

http://gristleizer.com/

Sold.

maaaan, "M&S quality", fuuuuuuuck, in over my head now

need to pay more attention in their food sections, cos the sausage roll business has changed dramatically, mein gott, look.....

2751B29100000578-3028116-image-m-5_14283

quite salty

also these, mmmmmmmmmmmmummy, black pudding, an immediate fridge raid is now 90% probable

01V68Z898C192BCE8E141Al.jpg

bacon overdose? impossible

20150622_110609.jpg

homemade ones here are the tits, Granny's pass down these recipes in sausage-roll covens that meet at night in the forests, its like Hauntology but real

check the utensils, proper bidness + the random meat tube dry heaves build character

doreen-valiente-tk-1460644118.jpg

you're not doing anything but fanning the flames by being okay with singling out america. one of the biggest reasons humanity is fucking helpless with fixing our own problems and working together is because we're so goddamn addicted to pointing fingers and name calling, whether it's at others or ourselves-- both just as bad.

Why though? For real people are obsessed with money over here. I talk to people about what they're doing, about careers and it's always, I don't make enough money, I'm trying to get a better paying job, I want to get into an industry with a bigger starting salary. I bought the newer expensiver version of that thing you have, I'm buying the new iPhone as soon as it comes out, I don't buy used, I know riding the bus is better for the environment but I want to drive because I'm better than people who ride the bus, I want to eat where I can take cute selfies of my pretty food and might not even eat it, I need to see every big budget movie that comes out on opening day and I'm going to watch all the previews so I know about every other big budget movie coming out, I need the details of every single big product release, I must subscribe to every digital media service so I can watch a constant stream of new content.

Is it like that everywhere?

I didn't say shit about imperialism and all that. All's I'm sayin' ishttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GXE_n2q08Yw

I couldn't agree with you more on all of that. But these things don't define "who we are as Americans" or are excusive to america imo. It's a product of where western civilization, technology and globalism is taking us. Because this region we call the US happens to have more money and resources (whether naturally or unnaturally acquired) than most other places on the globe, we see more of what you're describing here. It has nothing to do with our character, nationality, "culture" or identity. People who become absorbed into the whole materialist pursuit will do so no matter what region they live in, where they come from or what allegiance they subscribe to. We've seen this trait since the beginning of history. This is not to say that geopolitical and economic power structures don't have influence over greed and corruption, just that making America (or any country for that matter) the boogeyman or inheritantly "something or another" is an illusion.
No. That'd mean the same would the case in EU. Which it isn't, imo. So there is an argument that this might be more an American culture thing than you'd like to admit. Imo, it's more a us-product than a western civilization product. And it's not some sort of inevitable direction the western civilization is moving towards. But I'm afraid that's hard, if not impossible, to see from a US point of view. Because to put it simply, I don't think people from the US are particularly sensitive to differences between western culture and us culture. To most americans its either the same, or something that the rest of western civilization is moving towards. Which is not the case. And to put it blunt, probably a case of us self-centeredness/ignorance. You should spend some time in canada, for instance. Or in te EU.

So non-US westerners in general don't strive to climb the corporate ladder, don't display their lives on social media, don't netflix and chill or get the latest apps? Lies.

It's not a case of either/or. It's a case of differences. A corporate ladder, for example, is really a different thing in different cultures. The difference between US companies and EU companies, for instance, should be noted. Or perhaps more important, the rights and protections of employees. Simply because people in EU have more rights, the whole corporae ladder thing turns out like a different beast. Laws have a fundamental impact on culture.

Although I can see where you're coming from, and I do admit there was a point in time where western culture was moving towards us culture (awful generalisation, but useful for the sake of the argument). But that is not te case anymore. As a metaphor you can take the paris agreement. Or, as an example privacy laws. At the moment, the case could be made that us culture and western (eu) culture are diverging, rather than converging.

I think, for the sake of the argument, it's useful to take the local laws as a driver for the cultural phenomena we're observing. Different laws imply different cultures, to say the least. And the irony is that the current anti-globalism movement, especially in te us (note the discussion about the transatlantic agreements) helps creating this diversion in western cultures.

Good points there and well said.

nothing like a random artery wall or gristle bit for the molars to just roll over on & dry heave

Chris Carter has this all under control

http://gristleizer.com/

Sold.

maaaan, "M&S quality", fuuuuuuuck, in over my head now

need to pay more attention in their food sections, cos the sausage roll business has changed dramatically, mein gott, look.....

2751B29100000578-3028116-image-m-5_14283

quite salty

also these, mmmmmmmmmmmmummy, black pudding, an immediate fridge raid is now 90% probable

01V68Z898C192BCE8E141Al.jpg

bacon overdose? impossible

20150622_110609.jpg

homemade ones here are the tits, Granny's pass down these recipes in sausage-roll covens that meet at night in the forests, its like Hauntology but real

check the utensils, proper bidness + the random meat tube dry heaves build character

doreen-valiente-tk-1460644118.jpg

Damn those look so good

the black pudding ones are fkn lush, although black pudding is proper wintery warming fodder done right, it crowns an authentic fried breakfast too

had pigs in blankets your neck of teh woods, but the sausages were a bit like mini franks & ended up mostly engulfed in mustard mostly

to be fair, meat n pastry combos are one of the few culinary tricks sorted this side of the pond, sausage rolls, piiiiiies, but even then you gotta pick n choose

gripped a Pork Farms sausage roll, even after an olde friend had worked at their Nottingham site & confirmed various meats debris was recycled back in the mixer, and in true cheap pastry shit style within an hour acid indigestion was in full effect

for being so abrupt with you a few pages back, maybe a sausage roll mailing list could be extended, although me Coil vinyl aint going anywhere, that was an underhanded ruse to procure Bob Evans b&g ready to pulp, i.v. & mainline that deliciousness st8 to the neural pleasure centers

The day an american is added to the watmm featured artists subforum is the day I delete my account forever

Not a fan of the flash bulb ?

His music is premier quality idm, I think he is up there with aphex and autochre

His album ACID WOLF is the album every British wanna be acid artists wish they made

Stick to eurodance, leave the idm for the sophisticated American earss

The day an american is added to the watmm featured artists subforum is the day I delete my account forever

Not a fan of the flash bulb ?

His music is premier quality idm, I think he is up there with aphex and autochre

No.

I haven't heard ACID WOLF though, maybe it actually contains human emotions?