IGNORED

How does the World view America these days?

Rubin Farr

still trying to understand the motive. no clear indicators for this man. the best I can come up with at this point is that he's retired, bored, wanted to check out (not from the hotel) and thought what the heck, let's have fun and take out as many people as I can and live on in notoriety.

keep in mind that last year the republicans voted to make it easier for people w/mental illnesses to get firearms. 

US, just build that f-ing wall around your beloved country and stop bothering the rest of the world. and keep your sugary/fat/salty fastfood there as well. kthxbye

it's not personal

A wall would do fuck-all at keeping aircraft inside. Just sayin'.

b-b-b-b-but......biscuits n sausage gravy

meanwhile in various hotspots around the world, larger numbers of folks are continually slaughtered, day in day out, b-b-b-b-b-but....

biscuits n gravy

Like Lane Visitor said, no need to be a snarky prick. I'm aware of the shit that's going on in Syria, CAR, and Myanmar. But that doesn't make the topic at hand any less tragic. You never know if someone on here happens to be among the bereaved.

meanwhile in various hotspots around the world, larger numbers of folks are continually slaughtered, day in day out, b-b-b-b-b-but....

biscuits n gravy

now now no need to get nasty, our media is the widest covering so naturally everyone just hears about it more, doesnt mean we as people think our deaths are more important than anyone elses. just like your infrastructure/govt/administration/history didnt define you as citizens and your culture is the same way our backwards as shit shouldnt either. yes, we're fat greasy americans, but there are fat greasy british ppl too :D  hating on america cuz its fashionable is like a thirteen year old girl hating on her favorite emo band cuz they appeared in a hot topic ad. get over it. lives are lives. and why talk like that when innocents have died and the nation is mourning. i hate trump and mcdonalds and walmart and backwards ass hillbillys too, doesnt mean we cant have a day of mourning for the largest shooting spree in modern us history. i have friends who are still waiting to hear from loved ones and friends of friends who were shot, so fuck off.

ps this was for you and godel btw, i know everyone likes to jump in on the pissing contest on who can be more howard zinn / noam chomsky when the time calls for it. 

maaaaan, grow the fuck up, you have no fuckin idea what a douche move it is to try n take emotional ownership over some cunt on a shooting spree

yeah i bet the *insert x number of facefuck acquaintances you have are in the middle of all this

i've lived in the states & personally if i'd stayed i'd DEFINITELY have procured a weapon, because Merka is uber violent.....fuck off yourself with yer douchey "only emo 13yr olds hate on fat yanks".....that says a lot more about you than it does about someone putting things in a global context

keep in mind that last year the republicans voted to make it easier for people w/mental illnesses to get firearms. 

US, just build that f-ing wall around your beloved country and stop bothering the rest of the world. and keep your sugary/fat/salty fastfood there as well. kthxbye

it's not personal

biscuits n gravy

Like Lane Visitor said, no need to be a snarky prick. I'm aware of the shit that's going on in Syria, CAR, and Myanmar. But that doesn't make the topic at hand any less tragic. You never know if someone on here happens to be among the bereaved.

see above

mass murder like this is clearly the result of an imbalanced mind, but pick any number of location across the world, and we're all humans right, there's slaughter on an entirely larger scale occurring day in day out, but how often do you see it discussed here or anywhere else that curtains off your world from the nightmares elsewhere?

if you think i'm pissing on the freshly deceased, fuck off as well, its about context, not yank baiting, you length

some people here dont half like to get their precioussss on

Edited by cwmbrancity

The only yank baiting that really offended me was talking shit about biscuits n gravy. Criticize our idiot president and our ridiculous gun control attitudes as you please but don't mess with breakfast.

Also hate on McDonald's all you want but they have the most consistent cheeseburger around. It might not be the best but it's always just as good as you remember. I bet even diatoms would agree.

and that right there is the fuckin point

I LOVE BISCUITS & GRAVY and would open a franchise meself if it was possible, Bob Evans rrrrrrrrrocks

it was a pro-merkin statement

Edited by cwmbrancity

and that right there is the fuckin point

I LOVE BISCUITS & GRAVY and would open a franchise meself if it was possible, Bob Evans rrrrrrrrrocks

is that ok for you too?

it was a pro-merkin statement, jesus christ, talk about triggered

Perfectly OK. I was half-joking but seriously it's shit like biscuits n gravy that fill me with patriotism more than anything else. Greasy, crumbly, artery-clogging patriotism.

And yeah McDonald's rules, there, I said it, take away my liberal card.

Also Wal-Mart has the best pre-packaged pork rind selection around.

these

bob-evans-sausage-gravy-100597.jpg

Oh you poor thing, is that all you know of biscuits and gravy? Please come visit our great nation before the orange cunt completely bans international travel. You can stop at damn near any greasy spoon off the freeway and risk cardiac arrest most deliciously.

biscuits n gravy

now now no need to get nasty, our media is the widest covering so naturally everyone just hears about it more, doesnt mean we as people think our deaths are more important than anyone elses. just like your infrastructure/govt/administration/history didnt define you as citizens and your culture is the same way our backwards as shit shouldnt either. yes, we're fat greasy americans, but there are fat greasy british ppl too :D hating on america cuz its fashionable is like a thirteen year old girl hating on her favorite emo band cuz they appeared in a hot topic ad. get over it. lives are lives. and why talk like that when innocents have died and the nation is mourning. i hate trump and mcdonalds and walmart and backwards ass hillbillys too, doesnt mean we cant have a day of mourning for the largest shooting spree in modern us history. i have friends who are still waiting to hear from loved ones and friends of friends who were shot, so fuck off.

ps this was for you and godel btw, i know everyone likes to jump in on the pissing contest on who can be more howard zinn / noam chomsky when the time calls for it.

maaaaan, grow the fuck up, you have no fuckin idea what a douche move it is to try n take emotional ownership over some cunt on a shooting spree

yeah i bet the *insert x number of facefuck acquaintances you have are in the middle of all this

i've lived in the states & personally if i'd stayed i'd DEFINITELY have procured a weapon, because Merka is uber violent.....fuck off yourself with yer douchey "only emo 13yr olds hate on fat yanks".....that says a lot more about you than it does about someone putting things in a global context

it's not personal

biscuits n gravy

see above

mass murder like this is clearly the result of an imbalanced mind, but pick any number of location across the world, and we're all humans right, there's slaughter on an entirely larger scale occurring day in day out, but how often do you see it discussed here or anywhere else that curtains off your world from the nightmares elsewhere?

if you think i'm pissing on the freshly deceased, fuck off as well, its about context, not yank baiting, you length

some people here dont half like to get their precioussss on

Chill out man, why are you so angry? Ill admit i was having a shit day at work and a bit disturbed about the events that had unfolded.. I just found it in poor taste to essentially yell abt how much americans suck, what youre gonna tell me britian's shit doesn't stink? Lol who do you think we inherited all our oppression, greed and ignorance from? Thats all im trying to say, Come at american culture/citizens from sweden, haiti, mexico, fine. But fucking uk? Get outta here lol

Also who are you to judge how anyone grieves, feels, expresses, etc, esp at a time like this and then assume the ppl i was referring to were meaningless acquaintances. Even if they were and that affected me, i should still have the room to feel the way i do without being mocked or my authenticity being questioned. I think youre being the douchey one dude.

Well, I'm afraid there's going to be a bit of amusement combined with bewilderment from my side when the gop run government will basically ignore the event from a policy point of view, and share their thoughts and prayers instead. I wonder what Trumps next tweetstorm will be about. Back to Rocket man? Puerto Rico is already three newscycles old, I guess. Hurricanes were so last month. And people die all the time, so what can you do? It's a fact of life. Just like those spinny things which make your rifle go like an automatic.

Guessing the shooter either lost a huge sum of money or his girlfriend. Probably both. Not expecting any fruitcake manifest filled with years of online wackjob tinfoiled hat thinking. I'm going for the "just do it" motive here. Minimal amount of planning required. He just "snapped", as his brother called it. We'll find out soon, I guess.

My thoughts and prayers ...etc

Well at least you're vetting people from Venezuela so this won't happen again.

A comment from the gurdian:

One nutter in one night has killed ten times more Americans in 30 mins than "terrorists" have killed in a decade, a decade in which more than 300,000 Americans have been killed by the guns they love. 

Obviously banning Islam and travel bans are just what is needed to keep America safe.

If ISIS wants to be more effective, they simply need to donate more dollars to the NRA and then sit back and watch the show.

A comment from the gurdian:

One nutter in one night has killed ten times more Americans in 30 mins than "terrorists" have killed in a decade, a decade in which more than 300,000 Americans have been killed by the guns they love. 

Obviously banning Islam and travel bans are just what is needed to keep America safe.

If ISIS wants to be more effective, they simply need to donate more dollars to the NRA and then sit back and watch the show.

Perfect.

So many different kinds of guns are legal in Nevada with open carry, too. Not one hero stepped up to the plate to "defend my family". It's almost like people are being sold an unrealistic fantasy to convince them they are empowered when it actually makes them docile and gullible. 

Edited by Candiru

these

bob-evans-sausage-gravy-100597.jpg

Oh you poor thing, is that all you know of biscuits and gravy? Please come visit our great nation before the orange cunt completely bans international travel. You can stop at damn near any greasy spoon off the freeway and risk cardiac arrest most deliciously.

maaaan, my biscuits & gravy checklist would be enough to get a Green Card already nevermind a 90day tourist visa:

Cracker Barrel does an immense sunday breakfast, folks hate on the Dolly Parton twee facade, but their B&G are the real deal

Georgia Brown's in DC, prob the most ridiculously huge but tasty breakfast buffet i've ever encountered, there was even a gravy "bath" for want of a better description & their biscuits you could fly into the atmosphere from......about 15 pieces of bacon didnt hurt either unless you discount the impending heart failure (see yer notes above)

Bob & Edith's in Arlington.....now THIS was a behemoth breakfast of kings....4 biscuits and a bowl of gravy that i demolished pronto, free refills for tea & coffee cos you know us Brits and our tea fetish

the list could go on but my memory is hazy and its been a while

the thing about a tragedy like this are the horrors that lurk just outside its focus:

guns deaths in general - the drip drip drip effect across states, which a brief google search shows as an approx 13,000 in 2013....and this is year in year out

the US opiate deaths crisis.....nearly every1 i met under 50 who was professional had access to some kind of opiate + xanax ruled many a friday night, how many deaths have there been now, but does anything of substance get done about it? does it fuck & a lot of this accumulated under O'bama

the failed narco-state of Mexico to your southern borders, where tourists flood in & out, but where however many tens of thousands have been killed while coke goes one way and guns & cash go the other........responsibility is a nebulous creature and the US has played a key role in the escalation of this problem

Canada - just kidding

then there's the horrors of US foreign policy since WWII, however many dictators installed, however many tons of bombs dropped and the escalation of drone warfare since 9/11.....its a legacy that cant be ignored by any right-minded person that puts the British model in the shade by a significant margin

equivalency just brings the "you snarky prick" jibes, but think how lucky.....and lets cut to the quick here....how entitled & narcissistic large sections of the US population are....if yer white & have a college degree you wont want for v much or have to worry about certain concerns compared to other sections of the population

say what you like about Britain & its imperial legacy, but there isnt the money worship here that there is in the US, & if you analyze it Merka effectively appropriated large sections of the "British Empire" immediately after WWII, just look at a map of British military bases pre-WWII to US bases post-WII......they're 90% identical. As PKD said it, "The Empire never ended"

being half Brit/half Irish and having seen at first hand the monstrosities sectarian violence brought thru the 70's/80's/90's, i'd be grateful that for most white merkins you're not running the gauntlet of avoiding being caught up in mass bombing campaigns, state collusion with internal terrorist organizations and monthly traumas of losing loved ones within your own nation's national boundaries.....and on this side of the pond some of us havent forgotten the legacy of  NORAID and the whole (but largely forgotten episode) of US nationals funding the IRA and its domestic terror campaign here in olde Albion and across the Irish Sea in Eire itself

but yes, biscuits & gravy rrrrrrrrock, its been so long but i'll never forget those fluffy white buttery biscuits heaped with sausage gravy, now THAT sir is national treasure and i havent even touched on the legacy of the Grateful Dead, this being a world view of merka thread as much as for discussing the tragedy in Las Vegas

Edited by cwmbrancity