IGNORED

9th MOST IDM Tournament - Round 2 (32 contestants...)

Root5

Round 2 (32 contestants...)  

61 members have voted

1. 1. 1

• Ulillillia losing the MOST IDM tournament every year
    • Smoking a pipe in a space helmet
  2. 2. 2

• Releasing minimal techno on a wire recording limited to ten
    • Social anxiety when you are on your own
  3. 3. 3

• Brainstorming about a concept that has been dead for years
    • Fact Magazine articles that are blatantly based on WATMM threads from three days ago
  4. 4. 4

• Ejaculating into fire
    • Applying architectural principles to everything but actual architecture
  5. 5. 5

• Listening to music that sounds like it's from the future whilst worrying about the future
    • Anechoic chambers
  6. 6. 6

• Being emotionally attached to your houseplants
    • Autism
  7. 7. 7

• Yelling "Sean plz" during the breakdown in an Autechre live set. Your know when the breakdown will occur because you've downloaded all the rips from the previous gigs of the tour
    • Dreaming about lucid dreaming
  8. 8. 8

• Hyperparasites (parasites of parasites)
    • Sean Booth spending four hours on CHATMM, and saying he can't do a SoundCloud dump because he tossed all his old unreleased stuff on a landfill
  9. 9. 9

• Enjoying getting your teeth drilled for the texture of the sound
    • Sending a bagel overseas
  10. 10. 10

• Olympus Mons (the highest mountain in the solar system, located on Mars)
    • Staying late at work because Sean Booth is in CHATMM
  11. 11. 11

• Docking to space stations
    • Pizzaria Autechre
  12. 12. 12

• Digital vinyls
    • Thinking IDM is still a thing
  13. 13. 13

• Not making eye contact
    • A grainy photo of Björk wearing colorful sneakers
  14. 14. 14

• Instinctively muttering "sorry" whenever someone bumps into you
    • Moss covered everything
  15. 15. 15

• The minipops kid (a.k.a. Ryan Wyer)
    • Gradually realizing you are a hipster stereotype
  16. 16. 16

• Having a PC tower and CRT monitor while performing live on stage
    • Hypervelocity stars

There were lots of tough match ups last round, and lots of close calls. Already, I'm guessing most fans are ANGRY AS ALL HECK!

There were 3 ties in the previous round. These ties were called by removing my vote (because I'm the gracious host...). Because of this:

• SPISH gets into round 2, beating Sirro by Effects Twin winning a Granny
  • Releasing minimal techno on a wire recording limited to ten squeaks past Spending two years writing, etc...
  • The minipops kid beats 512GB micro SD cards

The top 2 seeds are still in: Ulillillia losing all the time, and Enjoying getting your teeth drilled.

Seeds 3 and 4 were overthrown in massive upsets: LANDING ON A FUCKING COMET BITCHES lost modestly to Not making eye contact, and Ulillillia lost to Listening to music that sounds like it's from the future whilst worrying about the future.

Both variants of Sirro by Effects Twin... are now out! One of them lost to an Autechre topic. There are currently 3 topics that explicitly mention Autechre, and only one that vaguely references Aphex Twin (The Fact Mag one). Does this mean that Autechre are more IDM than Aphex?

Round 2.... BEGIN!

EDIT: Here's the bracketology.

Also, I just realized there are actually 4 topics that explicitely mention Autechre. Holy shit.

It took this tournament for me to realize that I frequently dream about lucid dreaming, but I've never actually lucid dreamed.

Also, I'm pretty curious what "Tribute to a grainy photo of Björk wearing colorful sneakers" would sound like...

Come on "Sean Booth spending four hours on CHATMM, and saying he can't do a SoundCloud dump because he tossed all his old unreleased stuff on a landfill" !

Landfills are much more IDM than Hyperparasites. Landfills probably have hyperparasites. Just imagine Hyperparasites hyperparasiting on parasites that are on a rat thats chilling on old unreleased Autechre material.

I'm growing fonder of the longer and more specific entries the more I read them, still no idea of who I'm backing yet as there are a lot of albums I'd like to hear.

How is Ryan Wyer losing? What the fuck??

i submitted the hipster stereotype one & i still want ryan wyer to get it, so that in 10-20 years he'll be able to tell people that a bunch of strangers on an internet forum wrote an electronic music album about him when he was a small child

Zany options I'm backing:

Ulillillia losing

sending a bagel overseas

photo of bjork wearing colourful shoes

ryan wyers

Sensible options I'm backing:

Architectural principles for everything except archetecture

Emotions for houseplants

Dreaming about lucid dreaming

hyperparasites

olympus mons

digital vinyls

moss covered everything

hypervelocity stars (dunno what these are but they sound cool)

11. DOCKING TO SPACESTATIONS vs PIZZERIA AUTECHRE

gravity-sandra-bullock-george-clooney-se

137107340822312934870401199_Dnews__60313

vs

472726_683372178345979_433639541_o.jpg

306178_641399962543201_1268297542_n.jpg?

1452549_817021711647691_1676292557_n.jpg

556265_629941523689045_1334314061_n.jpg?

560166_629941357022395_1049741114_n.jpg?

its clear who the winner should be

vote PIZZERIA AUTECHRE now & get a free topping of wood chippings on your next order

i really can't comprehend how ryan wyer isn't winning this instantly. some fucking kid is living the dream life, popping massive youtube vidz on the webs, and instead some of you faggots go for that some old hateful self-deprecating routine you've been going down for the past 14 years

for fucks sake

MINIPOPS.png?_subject_uid=381213817&w=AA

i demand you to tell me why you are not voting for me.

WVER71T.jpg

What the hell is wrong with you autistic pricks. You are not IDM. Having to use the cubicle in a public toilet and still pissing on your shoes is not IDM. Having a minor facial skin disease is not IDM. Not being able to look someone in the eye is no more IDM than consistently leaving bits of shitty toilet paper stuck to your anus you stupid stupid cunts. Just because 80% of the plebs who inhabit this shithole do or do not do something, does not make it IDM.

Bjork is wearing reebok instapumps in 1994. The most IDM year. In the photo above what do you think Bjork is listening to? The year Amber was released. The year SAW II was released.

counterkicks-justin-rivet-pump-fury-coll

When the instapumps were first released in 94 you could buy gas canisters to inflate your fucking shoes. Bjork has just inflated her shoes with CO2 and is settling down to listen to Yulquen in a fucking quarry or something. There is nothing more IDM.

You stupid ignorant pricks, you only started listening to IDM after growing out of wanking off over Trent Reznor in that awkward gay emo phase you all went through. Pricks.

i really can't comprehend how ryan wyer isn't winning this instantly. some fucking kid is living the dream life, popping massive youtube vidz on the webs, and instead some of you faggots go for that some old hateful self-deprecating routine you've been going down for the past 14 years

for fucks sake

MINIPOPS.png?_subject_uid=381213817&w=AA

i demand you to tell me why you are not voting for me.

Dude, Ulillillia eats the minipoop kid for breakfast on top of his Ae Pizza (<-- that's quite IDM).

Also, massive lol @ kakapo. If being ugly is part of being the top IDM personality, then Bjork is an obvious winner (just kidding, don't spam me with photos of Bjork being overly cute please)

Archived