IGNORED

Long outros of Ae tracks

cern

Good bad or meh?

highlight tracks:

Flutter - Anti EP

Piezo - From Amber

Parheric Triangel - Confield.. Not a real "outro" track but that melody that starts 1 min before ending is the best I ever heard. You can hear it clearly from 05.34.

GESCOM - KEY NELL 4

what more??

Absolutely agree on Flutter. I love how long the fade is, it just dissolves while the memory (or attempted reconstruction) of the beats is still possessing the mind.

Cichli - for the same as Piezo really. This track is almost a sequel to that one.

I know I've mentioned this at least a couple times here, but I really adore the last few minutes of Sublimit. The first half is so wild and fun, but then it settles on a groove and furthermore it drops the really contrasting parts. It's contemplative and has a solid sense of contentedness (in a very good way, like the high you get from sleep deprivation maybe)

Xylin Room. The temporally structured elements just become components of ambience. Yeah, I guess a lot of Draft works in similar ways, and it's all so good.

Clipper, especially when it drops an octave at 7:20.

d-sho qub's ending is appropriately evil. Not necessarily long, but it's one of my favorite segments of Oversteps.

I don't know what I would do with my life if bladelores didn't have its beautiful outro.

and then the absolute silence until 1 1 is comes heaving in...so good

Flutter has the longest outro I've ever heard

Love the reverb! Always imagine someone is standing in front of me in a tunnel and just walking away with the beautiful melody.

Forgot Cichli and Stud. :)

As far as long pretty melodic fade outs are concerned, Second Scepe wins for me. They've got lots of great outros though of course; Sublimit has gotta be the longest/best/deepest of them, if you'd call that last third of the track an outro...which it sort of feels like to me so yeah.

• 2 weeks later...

The Merzbow Ecobondage (Ending) remix.

I always thought Yulquen was one long boring outro, but a few months ago I ate some ABV and put it on and I visualized/hallucinated these really awesome swirling colorful jello cubes and since then I've listened more closely to it. So there's more going on than it seems at first.

Also that Nuane one is a pretty awesome drone. I'm not usually into stuff like that but it really locks gazes with you.

Rsdio has kind of a long outro too, doesn't it?

• 2 weeks later...

I love the tracks with long endings, especially ones like Nuane/Rae/Flutter/Cichli. It gives them a really cathartic feeling once they finish.

another that comes to mind in the second half of Stop Look Listen, when everything seems to fall out of place and sounds are firing in every direction. it gets more interesting with every listen :music:

• 3 weeks later...

My favorite has to be FLeure. The manipulations of the sounds at the end baffle me every time. The entire album does, really. The bladelores outro was really interesting, too. Perlence rage 7 has a pretty great ending, as well, though it isn't exactly long. Parhelic Triangle is another winner; Boards of Canada did a similar outro in New Seeds back in 2k13. (I really, really wish I knew how Parhelic Triangle was made.)

What I've noticed more is the long beginnings to albums. Exai, Draft 7.30, Oversteps, Untilted, and LP5 all either have long silence before they start or just have very quiet or slow beginnings on the first tracks before the beat starts.

Augmatic Disport yo

Archived