IGNORED

Labyrinthine - II​-​V

Oh fuck yes! Haha how many years later?? Hope there's more releases to come.

Can you point me to the original release? Were these floating around youtube? I vaguely remember..

also I guess this is retape from xlt? nice.

Oh fuck yes! Haha how many years later?? Hope there's more releases to come.

Can you point me to the original release? Were these floating around youtube? I vaguely remember..

also I guess this is retape from xlt? nice.

https://www.youtube.com/user/labyrinthinemusic/videos

Ah, that's right, thanks! I had thought I was subscribed, not sure what happened...

Wasn't very convincing in my ears, a rather obvious ripoff/pisstake. Cool production and some good riffs/grooved. But it lacked the vision and decisiveness of Photodementia.

Wasn't very convincing in my ears, a rather obvious ripoff/pisstake. Cool production and some good riffs/grooved. But it lacked the vision and decisiveness of Photodementia.

you're probably right. i guess i got fooled by the fact that some labyrinthine tracks were more interesting than photodementia composition-wise imo, even if both composed fairly simple tracks. photodementia's music is indeed more versatile production-wise, but less inspiring.

verticality vs. horizontality etc.

you're probably right. i guess i got fooled by the fact that some labyrinthine tracks were more interesting than photodementia composition-wise imo, even if both composed fairly simple tracks. photodementia's music is indeed more versatile production-wise, but less inspiring.

verticality vs. horizontality etc.

Agree

What?? I already bought it, I hope I can get the bonus tracks still.

On the plus side though, been playing the shit out of this! I love it. Ebola & Diptera are my favorites I think. As per the Photodementia comparison - yeah, it's very similar stylistically, but I think it explores a whole different realm given the evil satanic vibes of the whole thing. Which is really interesting to me! You don't see much satanic imagery in electronic music, much less funky electro shit.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived