IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

I hadn't gotten around to hearing any of the preview tracks yet, but last night I smoked a bowl (which I don't do often) just to sit down and give this stream a full listen with monitor headphones. Wow. First track knocked me on my ass. After I finished I wanted to play it again, but decided to save it for release and full stereo? There are some sensual grooves on here, I can almost call this sexy, and the background melodies.. solid, solid release. Looking forward to an even more proper listen next week.

you fucks are complaining about this? wtf this is retarded shit. perfect perfect.

golden age is back for round 2. aphex and ae are making and or releasing some of the best shit they've ever made based on learning what they've already made. enjoy it.

edit: boc drop sumpin deece

Edited by jules

The cheetaht7b from zane whoever's stream was real lush and stereo-y, however the stream of the same track from the bleep stream is nearly mono, which honestly is ruining it a bit for me. It definitely sounds better in stereo, and that's kinda the point of the track, imho, to envelope you. I'm not sure if this is just an issue on my end. And if it is really basically mono we still haven't heard the damn EP for what it's worth.

I should clarify that it isn't 100% mono, like 7b sounds like ther is a bit of stereo in it, but.. that could just be an illusion since I've mostly heard it in stereo.

If you'd actually pre-ordered cheetah, you could download a lossless version of 7b. Fake richard.

It sounds way better than the sc version. Lovely stuff. And basically an ode to Larry Heard/Mr Fingers.

I haven't downloaded them, I preordered it from bleep earlier today to listen to the stream and didn't see the DLs. I basically just jumped on the stream. The bleep stream sounds mono. Still. This is an issue with all the tracks in the stream and we have to wait another week to hear it in its stereo goodness. I mentioned 7b was mono as well in the stream because I was comparing the two.

TL;DR the stream sucks.

What is a fake richard? IF you're referring to me then I am very confused.

its like tape-quality for those who couldn't snag one

you fucks are complaining about this? wtf this is retarded shit. perfect perfect.

golden age is back for round 2. aphex and ae are making and or releasing some of the best shit they've ever made based on learning what they've already made. enjoy it.

edit: boc drop sumpin deece

Yeah, I was thinking today that this decade has seen some of the finest output from all these guys, and we're only halfway through. I wonder too if we'll ever again see something like the elseq + digging remedy + cheetah release sprint.

If you had told me in 2005 that Aphex Twin, Plaid, and Autechre would continue to put out solid releases in 2016, I would 100% not fucking believe it. What a time to be alive.

ugh I want to listen again but I also want lossless.

Edited by Rpeg

jesus christ. listen to how to how much better this preview sounds than the streamed version:

omfg. Ok I was gonna go listen to the stream, but nevermind I'll just wait till I can DL the whole thing.

It's weird. Usually I wouldn't give a fuck what quality the music is or whether its been summed to mono, but this particular music needs it for whatever reason.

Edited by Brisbot

I really like the way this was promoted, it's as if it's almost solely about the synth, with the music being kinda secondary. Like an exhibition on the sounds the cheetah is capable of.

Aphex Twin - That Time I Bought an 80s Rackmount Synth & Made Some Music With It EP

Legowelt presents: Aphex Twin - That Time I Bought an 80s Rackmount Synth & Made Some Music With It EP

Like to see those two nerding away with their analogue gear. guessing it would sound more like saw1.

I was trying hard to ignore the previews and wait for the release, but I already cheat-ah'd and listened to the two that were on SC.

Edited by jsmcpn

I think Syro is some of his absolute best, but maybe Analord is a bit more enjoyable to me than what I've heard of this EP so far. Either way, the drought is over and he says he's got some bangers in store for us too. Pretty generous IMO

I really love the subtle complexity of the tracks. I didn't notice it until the second listen in headphones. Great drum programming hidden in the middle of many of the songs. The second MS800 is one of the best little tracks he's done, although nothing can beat Pigeon Street.

Just had a listen to the Bleep streams, I'm certifying this EP as a banger. My only qualm is with the length, there's only 5 proper tracks and we've heard 2 of them before.

Overall though it's a pretty special release, especially since it's RDJ's first video in 86 years or whatever

This is probably stupid thinking but do you think the short synth burst tracks are intended to be a gift to fans for re-sampling purposes for music production?

You could probably get some nice resampled cheetah synths going with those tracks.

This is probably stupid thinking but do you think the short synth burst tracks are intended to be a gift to fans for re-sampling purposes for music production?

You could probably get some nice resampled cheetah synths going with those tracks.

Maybe you're right, he did that on SC with an old Casio or something. He also had a few 30 second tracks on CCAI pt.2 as well. I think he views them as songs, otherwise he probably would have just uploaded them to the Syrobonkers interview or on soundcloud. Can't say those two little tracks in the middle do much for me though personally. Fortunately all of the longer tracks do.

Waiting for this thing to either arrive in the mail or for download availability, whichever comes first. I really liked what I've heard but since the difference in audio quality between the stream and that preview video warp posted was pretty striking I'm gonna lay off the stream and wait for the quality version to arrive. I'm usually not an audiophile or anything but there were sounds in the preview that I couldn't even hear in the stream.