IGNORED

Cheetah EP

zlemflolia

Whatever you say, DOUBLE FAKE RICARDO!

One uppt.

oh sorry. i meant the ODS leak was in mono I think. way back whenever that happened.

oh yeah I remember. Can't believe it's already been like 8 months or whatever since that album.

i must be the only person who doesnt like Cirklon1 or lets say I´m not impressed at all , rest of the ep is ace !

same, found it a bit middle of the road, same for 2x2. however, rest of the ep is banging, first track nice and hazy

Well Atari STs (don't think there was actually an ST5) were the midi sequencer machine of choice for a lot of folk in the late 80s-early 90s. So ..... possibly !

Atari st Midi sequencer - that works. It must be great to have so many machines richard that you can select 3 arbitrarily and see what track you can make

I'm pretty sure if you really want an Atari ST, you can probably afford one.

Makes no sense to MIDI sequence two MC202s from an Atari ST, though. For one, they only have DIN-synch inputs. For two, they have splendid sequencers.

Well Atari STs (don't think there was actually an ST5) were the midi sequencer machine of choice for a lot of folk in the late 80s-early 90s. So ..... possibly !

There was the Atari 520 ST and Atari 1040 ST. I had a 1040STE, my first computer (in 1987).

Yeah it was the 520 that everyone owned back 'in the day'. My friend's older brother had a Falcon, was like some of arcane superpower with its 030 processor

I bet 'st' stands for 'stereo'

If you think about his recent naming convention, it seems to be the mixdown file-name

I think most people name their files like that, to distinguish it from earlier mixdowns

The only other 'st' gear I can think of is the Zoom Sampletrack (which regularly gets abbreviated as 'st' on various boombap forums)

There was the Atari 520 ST and Atari 1040 ST. I had a 1040STE, my first computer (in 1987).

So did I!!

Still got it somewhere....

CIRKLON 1 is a gem on first listen, can only imagine it'll be even better after a couple of headphones listens too. I know he (or was it you? can't remember) hate these kind of comparisons, but it makes me envision some old Golden Axe or Streets of Rage Megadrive soundtrack, brought to the future and twisted into a beautiful beat by Rich.

Love it already, there's a few of RDJ's established styles that I'm always hoping makes an appearance on new tracks/records, and this is definitely one of them. Tussy, playful but dark.

haha I fucking love this quote from rich earlier today:

"cheers people, just wanted to put out some chilled solid jams that I really like, helps diffuse the hype around me a bit, plenty of time for dropping some future bangers, don’t want the paparazzi camping outside my fucking house right now."

and

well releasing this type of stuff fucks off most of the 4 second attention span internet click posse.

TL;DR