IGNORED

AFX • ‘orphaned deejay selek 2006-08’

Herr Jan

• 3 months later...
  • Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Snake Pass by Squarepusher = Simple Slamming beat don't you think?

sneaky afx sampling tom :p

Good ear

i don't get this... :(

edit: ahhh now i get it lol, just noticed the track names are all mixed up on the slsk rips i got, went to search for it again and it happens on almost mp3 files on slsk, flac version is good though, bet this was mentioned before but i couldn't go trough the entire thread...

anyway just came in to say i fucking love this release, obviously Simple Slamming B2 Oberheim Blacet1b is my favorite song on there, omfg those drums are so fucking alive!

Neotekt72 is also chill af!

i remember when i first heard this release, maybe last year, before i got into analord and acid and whatnot, i kind of shared the same feeling as delet... that rich was taking the piss, so glad i was completely wrong...

does anybody have accurate BPMs for this EP handy? (and/or for CCAI2? :flower: )

here ya go:

ODS
Serge Fenix Rendered 2 142.82 BPM
Dmx Acid Test 143.00 BPM
Oberheim Blacet1b 143.00 BPM
Bonus Emt Beats 150.00 BPM
Simple Slamming B 2 150.00 BPM
Midi Pipe1c Sds3time Cube/Klonedrm 99.00 BPM
Neotekt72 120.00 BPM
R8m Neotek Beat 120.00 BPM

CCAI
diskhat ALL prepared1mixed 13 110.00 BPM
snar2 194.70 BPM
diskhat1 110.00 BPM
piano un1 arpej 119.71 BPM
DISKPREPT4 104.02 BPM
hat 2b 2012b 103.00 BPM
disk aud1_12 108.73 BPM
0035 1-Audio 103.00 BPM
disk prep calrec2 barn dance [slo] 103.78 BPM
DISKPREPT1 104.02 BPM
diskhat2 109.94 BPM
piano un10 it happened 151.99 BPM
hat5c 0001 rec-4 114.00 BPM

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Anyone else notice that many of the reviews seem to get the tracks mixed up? Like they downloaded a pirated copy from SLSK with jumbled track names instead of buying the record.

Anyone else notice that many of the reviews seem to get the tracks mixed up? Like they downloaded a pirated copy from SLSK with jumbled track names instead of buying the record.

The WARP preview site I think changes the names slightly (as a way to watermark them)... I might be misremembering, and I don't have access to it anymore.

Not sure if anyone here is interested, but I've got an unplayed ODS white label on the Bay of E...

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/282035577565

21 squid. geez

This album is such a delightful oddity, all the tracks really flow into each other~~~

Crazy to think the publicly-released Cheetah cassette (2000 copies) is already going for a lot more than the ODS white label went for (prob a lot lot lot less than 2000)

But I'm not butthurt, I swear. :wink: As long as I made my money back inc. eBay and PayPal's cuts, it was all gravy. Plus it went to an AFX collector so even better!

Relistening to the other newer EP's in between digging in the now known Cheetah tracks, I'm really getting into this EP more. Would especially love to hear more of tracks like midi pipe1c sds3time cube/klonedrm, NEOTEK72 and r8m. Love them.

• 2 weeks later...

the serge/acid test/oberheim suite is kind of ridiculous in how beastly it is while casually transforming

then on top of that you have 5 other great tracks, counting umil

bonus beats is a cool intermezzo

love the chords and melodies in neotek, and the reamped ending

• 2 weeks later...

I thought i got a bargain when i ordered this cd in the jewel case version for £11.54, but after waiting nearly a month it turned out to be the normal slipcase version. I hate dealing with other peoples mistakes but i did ask for a refund and they have decided to give me full refund + keep the sealed copy of ODS.

• 2 months later...

this is so so good record when when youre drunk and high

its like youre listening to your own pretty shitty tracks on drugs youre like wow holy shit im new burials i must release lps but then its like you listen them sober you like i dunno fuck me maybe its not quite good yet

but that feeling its with you, its always with you

i think richrd kept that shit mostly for himself cause he thought he is the only one who would really enjoy this but like fuck it ill release it for lols to see if people get it and they did, thx bruh

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 7 months later...

I love simple slamming. I used to listen to clips of the live version from old bootleg recordings from the 2000s and wondering when the fuck it would ever be released. I remember being super bummed when it wasn't on syro.

Archived