IGNORED

Datach'i - System

I get a blend of autechre and aphex feels from the beat structures, and brothomstates feels for the melodic parts.

Really enjoy this album, and the bonus disc really complements / improves the experience when listened together as a whole.

idm/10 would buy more.

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I've only just bought this on wax as I had no spare cash until now. I think this is the best thing I've heard so far this year. A stunning album, and different to what I was initially expecting. I would love to have the bonus album too, but I guess I may have missed out. Maybe the mu crew will be kind enough to stick the bonus CD in with my order if they have any left?

I agree, this is definitely up there with the best things I've heard this year. Keep coming back to this one a lot. And the bonus tracks are worth getting hold of if you can.

Yeah this still holds up a few weeks of listens later. I still prefer the bonus disc though. And speaking of, does anyone else have problems with track 2 on the bonus CD? I've tried mine on multiple CD players and it skips in the same spot (about 25 seconds) every time, then plays the next track and the entire rest of the album just fine. Disc doesn't look scratched or anything, and I've never dropped it or anything. It sounds like a good track from the first little bit :(

• 1 month later...

Listened to the first half of this album yesterday night. 

Personally I was floored, nice change of pace compared to previous Datach'i output. Big lush melodies, cool percussion/glitch work. Totally belongs on timesig right next to Traditional Synth. Music. 

The whole first half seemed very comfortable, nice consistent pace. 

Can't wait to hear the second half ;)

Edit: Was anyone else surprised by the melodies? 

sums up my feelings on it, it was indeed a nice surprise

"waveguiding" was my favorite but 512521, grabbing with claws, and vco-2rm acid were up there as well

• 3 weeks later...

Got thru the whole thing, and gotta say I still can't believe it's the same dude who released that thrash glitch kindergarten jungle mess back in '99, which I think was his debut. Monarchs in particular just might be my track of 2016, if not the whole album.

Sorry Ae...love you guys, and you fuckin' killed it on your North America live tour last year, but Elseq just doesn't have the color that this does.

• 4 weeks later...

I wonder why he isn't touring in support of this album?

http://datachi.com/images/Datach'i_ex.jpg

Certainly looks like a stable / compact enough setup to take out on the road.

Certainly more robust than the Speed Dealer Mom's gear that I don't think they ever got working on the road? Certainly the bangface weekender gig I was at they cancelled

Didn't really like this at first but after more listens its a really solid album, simple but complex at the same time. A good mix of classic muziq and aphex vibes with that thick and crisp modular twong. 

Edited by bendish

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...