IGNORED

Richie Hawtin - From My Mind To Yours

ventolin68

Plus 8 unveil a robust compilation-cum-new Richie Hawtin album under a title hearkening back to their foundational set From Our Minds To Yours (1991). Basically it is a new Richie Hawtin album, under a selection of monikers both old (FUSE, Circuit Breaker, Plastikman) and new (Childsplay, ROBOTMAN, and 80xx).

Tracklist
01. Richie Hawtin - No Way Back
02. Childsplay - Stretching
03. Robotman - Simple Simon
04. F.U.S.E. - Them
05. F.U.S.E. - Close
06. Plastikman - Purrkusiv
07. Plastikman - Gymnastiks
08. Circuit Breaker - Systematic
09. 80xx - Creepr
10. Plastikman - Akrobatix
11. Plastikman - Cirkus
12. 80xx - Creatur
13. 80xx - Grindr
14. Plastikamn vs. F.U.S.E. - EXpanded
15. R.H.X. - Xtension

https://boomkat.com/products/from-my-mind-to-yours

Not sure whether this is incredibly cool, or just someone in a midlife crisis trying to relive his younger self. It's just a bit ironic when we're discussing in another thread how autechre is still pushing boundaries, and hawtin seems stuck with pushing more expensive buttons and using more spacious reverb. I love a good hawtin track, but i'm not sure whether he's pushing the pedal to the metal, or just happy to feel some inspiration without adding anything substantial to his (impressive!) catalogue. Perhaps it needs more listens though. I'm still hopeful.

Looking forward to buying this one - Cool to hear some of the stories behind the tracks. Would love it if you could buy albums with an optional directors (well, composers!) commentary.

Had a listen to the first few tracks on one of the music streaming sites, then went and put Musik on, enough said.

Actually it was better than I was expecting but still just made me want to listen to his older stuff.

I watched the video / trailer thing yesterday and I thought some of it sounds pretty cool. I like the simple stripped back approach of his hardware choice on this. Even if I think the Aira series kind of sucks.

Was a huge nut for his productions up until Closer basically - the whole idea of Ex felt forced and from what I've heard it sounded uninspired and bland. This however already has my interest a bit more as it seems to be a lot more natural / fun (based on that interview video above) so I'll probably check this one out.

I also just felt like linking this after hearing he was hyping up the limited stamped vinyl releases again:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eNiJPOY6y-E

Not sure whether this is incredibly cool, or just someone in a midlife crisis trying to relive his younger self. It's just a bit ironic when we're discussing in another thread how autechre is still pushing boundaries, and hawtin seems stuck with pushing more expensive buttons and using more spacious reverb. I love a good hawtin track, but i'm not sure whether he's pushing the pedal to the metal, or just happy to feel some inspiration without adding anything substantial to his (impressive!) catalogue. Perhaps it needs more listens though. I'm still hopeful.

Is this on purpose? Or have you forgotten what happened last time Richie tried to gently push something audio related? Hmm?

Is this on purpose? Or have you forgotten what happened last time Richie tried to gently push something audio related? Hmm?

lol

Almost forgot about that.

the whole idea of Ex felt forced and from what I've heard it sounded uninspired and bland. This however already has my interest a bit more as it seems to be a lot more natural / fun (based on that interview video above) so I'll probably check this one out.

Yes and yes, for such a gap in Plastikman albums it really was something of a non-event when EX was out - This, however, seems far more interesting.

The story of him and his crew of douches not getting into Berghain was really funny.

Nah, I like his stuff up until Minus became terrible. Sheet One is top 10 favourite album for me and the first Decks & FX mis is wonderfully brutal and tactile.

Archived