IGNORED

EU

yeah probably lol, they need to spin it right...like claim they were going to leave, all for it, but corbyn did something that meant they weren't able to, even though we really wanted to, honest.

• Replies 1.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm feeling that Brexit ain't never gonna happen, all the big talk, all the "Brexit means Brexit" shit don't mean nothing. Basically it can't be done, too hard. No point fucking up the entire country (possibly the world) just to not look like a bunch of stupid cunts. I'm calling it now, we won't do it. Going to have to pretend it was all a joke. We punk'd Europe lol. We're like the Ashton Kutcher of the EU. Hilarious.

O, but it will happen.

May set the date. And the EU stopped giving a f$ck about Britain the day after the Brexit vote. EU decision making is already taking place in a post-brexit fashion. Do you think there are people taking UK euro-parliamentarians serious at EU level at this point in time? There is no other way for UK, but to actually do the Brexit.

well it's not actually 100% certain yet. there's a high court case going on at the moment over whether parliament needs to authorize the triggering of article 50, if the government wins that then brexit will almost certainly happen (though it's still possible the government could fall before they have the chance). if parliament wins, and they don't like the sound of the how the brexit negotiations will go they can veto leaving the EU and that will only be resolved by a general election and/or another referendum.

The eu guy said in the paper yesterday britain has to choose between a hard brexit, severing all ties completely, or not leaving atall. The eu will not make it an attractive proposition for other member states to follow suit.

Which is how it should be. UK wants to have its cake and eat it too. Trade deals will be renegotiated, and the leavers will not find it easy to achieve what they promised.

Well, i just had my first personal experience of being fucked by brexit(apart from my holiday money being way less) , eurorack modules from outside the uk just went up between 10 and 25 percent in rubadub due to the pound falling so low on the dollar and euro

Yeah same, I was actually hanging back on importing some synth stuff because I thought we'd Bremain and the pound would rally on the renewed security. I fucked it :(

Also all the banks I use have announced interest rate cuts, gonna cost me 100s of quids per year :(

right, UK have bilateral trade agreements with Ireland (and others). Ireland are in the EU. why can't we just stick everything through Ireland - basically use Ireland as our route to (and from) market? we also have bilateral immigration agreements in place that would cover EU migrants (so long as they traveled through Ireland first I guess). I think there must be a simple way to use what we already have in place with whatever individual counties to give us wider access to the whole EU. surely they must have thought of this...

right, UK have bilateral trade agreements with Ireland (and others). Ireland are in the EU. why can't we just stick everything through Ireland - basically use Ireland as our route to (and from) market? we also have bilateral immigration agreements in place that would cover EU migrants (so long as they traveled through Ireland first I guess). I think there must be a simple way to use what we already have in place with whatever individual counties to give us wider access to the whole EU. surely they must have thought of this...

that would only work if the UK remains part of the EU customs union (which is separate to the EEA 'common market'), otherwise there would still need to be customs checks on goods entering the UK from Ireland (including over the NI border). the government seems split at the moment on whether they should withdraw from this as well, they could also negotiate a separate customs deal, like the Swiss have, but they're not really in a great position for negotiating things with the EU right now.

The one person im friends with who has a degree in economics and a high level headhunting company for financial executive staff in london said to me during a drunken conversation, and he pointed out this is ultra simplified: the pound will continue to fall at least until any actual trade agreements are being organised, so we are talking years. Investors have absolutely no interest in uncertainty.so any foreign synths you want, get them now. Its only going to get worse.

although, i guess this is an excellent time for americans and citizens of the rest of europe to buy gear from UK suppliers? providing they havent already pulled the trigger on the price increases?

god this cuntry its like div central, we just, just, get our noses out of recession n then brexit, then our currency slowly devalues, stats like the wealth divide opening up not just between old n young but between 40 yr olds and folks in their late 20's/early 30's now too. Where'd all that £ go?

its post-colonialism gone mad, but should we expect any different after profiting so much from centuries of rape n pillaging so much from others?

a 2nd Scottish independence vote will surely arrive b4 too long although how that may play out is another matter

Boris floppy haired cunt J's "remain" article creeping out the woodwork showed the levels of duplicity at hand

plus some news bollix was interviewing northern Inglaners about a possible election voting pattern if one was called and the % who STILL said "UKIP" blew my fkn mind

if the mods could induct a word filter whereby any written reference to Britain/UK on here gets auto changed to "Divland"... that would be most welcome

but yeah i just got a phongene, i ordered it literally 2 days before the price increase, so a 389 module became a 450 module overnight. fuck the economy, my synth addiction just got heavy duty. the only uk producer i can name is tip-top. im not massively knowledgable on this where shit comes from but im building my first rack as a Makenoise/intellijel/mutable rack, and shit just got real. 

god this cuntry its like div central, we just, just, get our noses out of recession n then brexit, then our currency slowly devalues, stats like the wealth divide opening up not just between old n young but between 40 yr olds and folks in their late 20's/early 30's now too. Where'd all that £ go?

its post-colonialism gone mad, but should we expect any different after profiting so much from centuries of rape n pillaging so much from others?

The US is in a similar place with different things of course, but I'd say the results in each country are, I'd say, at least worth comparing. Huge growing wealth divide (I think this is probably a global issue at this point), but fears of another bubble/recession aren't unfounded, total flip to a service based economy which I don't understand how it could be sustainable. I've not read any books or anything, but if most people are just spending on and employed by services, and if that continues to grow, aren't we essentially just a back-scratching based economy? Super simplified obviously, but yeah....I really don't see much good for the near future of the masses in America or over the pond there. Wealth gap just continues to grow, wages keep weak and steady...the infinite, slow growth economy of capitalism can't jive with that, can it?

I believe and I hope we are seeing the final stages of capitalism before it all collapses. Democracy is in crisis. People are feeling disenfranchised. Growing income inequality. Politicians are talking about everyone needing to make sacrifices to stimulate the economy with austerity measures. The people see their income stagnating or even lowering and benefits being cut, yet companies make record profits and huge dividends are being paid out to shareholders who quickly use all the financial instruments at their disposal to make sure they don't pay their fair share of taxes. Very little of the profits end up being reinvested in the companies and actually hiring people. Education cuts are made, a low educated population is easier to manipulate with populist fervor and easier to blame all the problems in society on refugees. Not only is society crumbling at the seams, but the whole planet is getting destroyed irreversibly. 

I really have no faith in things getting better. It's going to get a lot worse. On the one hand I'd like to see it all go to hell quickly so I can watch the world burn, on the other hand I would prefer it take a little longer so I can still enjoy a somewhat functioning society and all its perks for a few more decades. I feel bad for people who have kids. What kind of world are they going to be left with?

capitalism is great, hope it carries on being great for the foreseeable future until we can come up with some fancy assed technology to make it obsolete.

• 2 weeks later...

The High Court has ruled that the Government cannot unilaterally trigger Article 50, needs Parliamentary approval. Unlikely to win appeal to the supreme court as well. Can't imagine they would win the vote, so there will almost certainly be an early election now and no brexit before then. Nice.

The High Court has ruled that the Government cannot unilaterally trigger Article 50, needs Parliamentary approval. Unlikely to win appeal to the supreme court as well. Can't imagine they would win the vote, so there will almost certainly be an early election now and no brexit before then. Nice.

Do the Conservatives have a large number of pro-EU MPs? I'm not entirely confident the vote will not pass.

What a mess though, shouldn't all of this process have been laid out before the vote went through? I can already hear the howling of the British public on what democracy should be but no one can seem to agree on it.

Archived