IGNORED

Name one thing about modern day life that really irritates you

fumi

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The erosion of respect for "expertise" - or the false equivalency of having an opinion vs having an informed opinion.

Experts get things wrong, no doubt, but expertise is a real thing - and certification of expertise (through whatever method) is also an important thing, in all sorts of fields - electrician, scientist, educator, plumber, builder, vet, doctor etc etc etc.

It shits me to tears when I see hard earned expertise reduced to just another opinion among many.

I think the Internet has a lot to do with this shift

Mainstream media too - one of the reasons the majority of British people voted to leave the EU.

The erosion of respect for "expertise" - or the false equivalency of having an opinion vs having an informed opinion.

Experts get things wrong, no doubt, but expertise is a real thing - and certification of expertise (through whatever method) is also an important thing, in all sorts of fields - electrician, scientist, educator, plumber, builder, vet, doctor etc etc etc.

It shits me to tears when I see hard earned expertise reduced to just another opinion among many.

I think the Internet has a lot to do with this shift

Mainstream media too - one of the reasons the majority of British people voted to leave the EU.

yeah, them "scientists have discovered..." "recent study is showing..."

without any sources provided

I've seen one too many underpaid student interns in media companies that write (really just copy-paste and edit) about utter nonsense, trivialties and mockery or paid PR

what kind of a job is that? no wonder the economy is shit if 2/3s of the job market is basically completely unproductive and just shovel shit from one point to another.

(no offense to labor workers who are the only ones who actually make some physical stuff) <-- and they get less payed!

the logic is just upside down in economy.

Do kids still hide copies of Razzle in the toilet cistern in school toilets? If not what do they hide in them?

C:\school\important documents\word\msoffice2003\english gcse\prep work\3\2015\01\jpg and mov\utility\

pretty sure you're addicted to bland ambient music dude, pls seek help.

many things that seem bland at first simply needs a concentred mind to reveal its beauty.

i even enjoy just sitting there and watch my breath

Game set and match

Bronies.

If Trump directed his platform at them and hipsters instead of muslims I would vote for him

lol. The fact that bronies are a real thing makes me hate life a little bit.

Bronies.

If Trump directed his platform at them and hipsters instead of muslims I would vote for him

why? this is what happens when you set the human mind free, its a beautiful thing 

Bronies.

why? this is what happens when you set the human mind free, its a beautiful thing 

...so once we free our minds we all become bronies?

Because when someone who uses their digusting sexual cartoon fetish to identify themselves as sub human they're flagging themselves down for the future Trumpcication Camps.

Archived