IGNORED

The Caretaker - Everywhere At The End Of Time

triachus

Thanks everybody for the kind words and support for these releases.

I'd like to add a few notes here about the series for you. The first three stages are merely a set up for the final three stages.

The third stage release which is coming can be seen memory wise as being slightly post 'an empty bliss' with some self awareness still that there's a problem.

At the moment everything is still quite coherent and this continues through this stage with a lot of work previously heard but in altered forms.

The first three stages will also work if shuffled randomly.

Work is advanced now on Stage 4 with possible directions opening now for Stage 5. I can say that Stage 3 doesn't really hint at where Stage 4 will begin or go.

The final three stages are all post awareness stages so anything can and will happen, so they do stand separately from the first series of works.

The purpose of this series was always to get to work on these latter stages which if created out of the overall context would have made no sense at all.

I'm about to receive the Weirdcore video for Stage 2 which was delayed due to his Aphex Twin touring commitments so this will be uploaded in due course.

There is a 3CD set coming in October with the first three stages which features all new artwork from my comprade Ivan Seal.

The audio on this set is exactly the same as the vinyl and on the downloads.

There will be a one off performance too in London in December at The Barbican where Weirdcore will do visuals and I'll be there with Ivan and whisky so maybe see some of you there.

There will be a one off performance too in London in December at The Barbican where Weirdcore will do visuals and I'll be there with Ivan and whisky so maybe see some of you there.

Holy Moly .... Is this available for booking yet ?

• 3 weeks later...

what's scary to me is how quickly we are at part 3.  I'm approaching my 40th, feeling a bit anxious about the whole thing and been having some short term memory issues.  caretaker is the perfect music to push me through it.  I hope :/

thanks James for the update. Always intrigued to see how your projects progress, and this one is fascinating (and troubling and emotional!). Barbican lineup looks interesting too...

- i keep hitting refresh on the "Everywhere at the end of time" Bandcamp page.

same, the release date has now changed to simply "September 2017" so might have been pushed ahead a bit!

edit: nevermind, it still says the vinyl is releasing today!.. guess is just a matter of time

Edited by MIXL2

I don't get the caretaker....someone explain

Bought an album...the one with the orb and match on the cover....then read Mark Fisher's great book...ghosts of my life....vvm shit is nice and weird....just not sure if im missing something...or if thats the point

Edited by bendish

https://boomkat.com/products/everywhere-at-the-end-of-time-stage-3

https://thecaretaker.bandcamp.com/album/everywhere-at-the-end-of-time (E-F)

It's here guys!!!

edit:

I don't get the caretaker....someone explain

Bought an album...the one with the orb and match on the cover....then read Mark Fisher's great book...ghosts of my life....vvm shit is nice and weird....just not sure if im missing something...or if thats the point

turn off your lights.. spend a night with his stuff on the background...

edit2:

you can pre-order the CD as well! https://boomkat.com/products/stages-1-3

Edited by MIXL2