LimpyLoo

• Replies 506
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The Radical Teachings of Sheikh Limpy

edit - lecture actually sounds interesting though

A few folks told me to quarantine my ramblings to its own thread

So that's what this is

But anyway, the reason Jordan Peterson is such a good aggregate/resource for psychology etc is because he weaves it into a greater narrative that also includes philosophy, religion, broader science, history, and comparative mythology

Btw, anyone looking to troubleshoot their own neurosis should check this lecture out:

I wasn't "telling you" hatefully or anything. Just suggesting it since you (and several other watmmers) seem to have an interest in it.

I figured a dedicated thread to collect all these concepts and chatter would be good for you guys rather than the info dotted amongst other threads.

:cool: 

This video is great.  I love this guy's way of explaining

All of it sounds so obvious.  When you look at it from a system's perspective it all makes sense.  

I've been finding more and more that balance and a lack of overspecialization in one area is incomprehensibly important in every area of life.  Funny how this relates to the desire to not over-train machine learning and AI data structures like neural nets and such.  Just one of those extremely deep symmetries in nature.  I think we'll be finding more and more of those uncanny coincidences as time progresses

That Jordan Peterson video is brilliant. He explains it so well. Stuff I've been dwelling on for the last couple of years as it emerged as a consequence of experiences and acquired knowledge from different fields -

This lecture is among of those which connect the dots with the archetypal and almost ancient knowledge where ideas like these already existed, and formed into coded imagery and myths. Fascinating how these old teaching are always clouded and obscure, comparing with how today knowledge and wisdom being 'injected' into the Matrix Neo-style. With that the old masters knew to retain the 'chaotic' aspect of acquiring knowledge - a path one should take.

That Jordan Peterson video is brilliant. He explains it so well. Stuff I've been dwelling on for the last couple of years as it emerged as a consequence of experiences and acquired knowledge from different fields -

This lecture is among of those which connect the dots with the archetypal and almost ancient knowledge where ideas like these already existed, and formed into coded imagery and myths. Fascinating how these old teaching are always clouded and obscure, comparing with how today knowledge and wisdom being 'injected' into the Matrix Neo-style. With that the old masters knew to retain the 'chaotic' aspect of acquiring knowledge - a path one should take.

I completely understand what you mean

me too, but it was typed sloppily. /goddamnit

On a similar tip check out my man Rick Hanson, he's connected the dots between happiness/enlightenment that can be attained via Buddhist practice and neuropsychology.

This lecture is among of those which connect the dots with the archetypal and almost ancient knowledge where ideas like these already existed, and formed into coded imagery and myths. Fascinating how these old teachings are always clouded and obscure, comparing with how today knowledge and wisdom being 'injected' into the Matrix Neo-style. With that the old masters knew to retain the 'chaotic' aspect of acquiring knowledge - a path one should take.

me too, but it was typed sloppily. /goddamnit

Sorry fam, missed the plural there. Or was it something else?

So, the NIMH has started to diverge from the DSM 'category' approach to mental illness

And has taken up some newer models that solve problems posed by the 'category' approach

The newer models treat mental illness symptom-clusters as mere 'resting states' of causal networks, and not as tips of an underlying iceberg (e.g. The Depression Iceberg)

Very interesting stuff:

http://www.clinicalneuropsychiatry.org/pdf/borsbooml.pdf

Archived