IGNORED

so I collab'd with my girlfriend, mangz

peace 7

Yah, so I was showing my girlfriend what "reverb" was, so I finally got my audio device hooked up to her computer to use Reaper and some stock reverb/etc. plugins.  So she was on guitar through computer reverb making ambient soundscapes, then out through guitar amp, recorded with voice recorder.  Then after that I did some guitar noodling.  Then I took that combined recording and used gf's ambient music as the backing to the track with no cuts, and then over that I added some beatz and my guitar back in, etc.

Yay~~~

[sc5]299742299[/sc5]

Like the combo. Not too fond of the low-fi-ness of it though. It's like being in 1850 and trying to listen to music from the future by calling the hotline 1-800-future-tunes.

mang stands for man-guy?

Psychedelic stuff...like the drum sound :)

Like the combo. Not too fond of the low-fi-ness of it though. It's like being in 1850 and trying to listen to music from the future by calling the hotline 1-800-future-tunes.

mang stands for man-guy?

Cool style!  Future music.

Awesome. Needs some crazy bass guitar

would happily go mad to that

Thanks, dooodz~!

goDel:  Haha, yah the lo-fi is actually cuz I messed up with the settings on my voice recorder.  I had made sure that the gain was low to minimize distortion, but then I didn't check the recording quality, which was super lo-fi mp3.  So uh, I guess at least the lo-finess is natural and analog, yo.  The recording was supposed to be all high quality and lush, but it turned into mp3 gargle.

o well, it could have been an awesome tune. now it's just good... ;D

Yay~  p.s.  mang = Scarface saying "man"

nah part of the appeal. i used to resample basslines through realaudio codecs as they are trippy as fuck! all the aliasing all the time!

It wasn't intentional this time, but i have used lo-fi encoding to effect.  Recently I the boards here I was looking for old school mp3 encoders to get some garble on breaks, and I was forwarded this: http://www2.arnes.si/~mmilut/BladeEnc.html  Couldn't get the Mac one to run, though...  Old school encoders were so watery.

Great track ! Wasn't expecting the more rock-ey part starting around 2:40, it's really great ! It sounds a bit like Battles meet Eno...Cheers to you and your girlfriend :beer:

Great track ! Wasn't expecting the more rock-ey part starting around 2:40, it's really great ! It sounds a bit like Battles meet Eno...Cheers to you and your girlfriend :beer:

Holy shit- you actually heard the transition from ambient to random rock, thanks man!  Yah, that random rock bit just flies out into your face.

:-D  Yay~~~

Yeah, that transition at 2:40 at super Battles. Lull you into a false sense of security and weirdness, and then BAM! Grooving. I have no issues with the audio quality, I think it adds to the track actually. Some things don't need to be perfectly crisp. I love the fadeout too...

mang stands for man-guy?

Lol, I think that you would be blown away in that scenario. Perhaps another analogy of equal lolability would have better suited. /perhaps, it's like listening to the rumblings inside a bull elephant's bladder through the hole in the end of his penis.

mang stands for man-guy?

It's like listening to the rumblings inside a bull elephant's bladder through the hole in the end of his penis.

Sounds like you know this from experience? :huh: 

mang stands for man-guy?

It's like listening to the rumblings inside a bull elephant's bladder through the hole in the end of his penis.

Sounds like you know this from experience? :huh:

somebody has to safe the elephants damnit. hehehehe.

Archived