IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

LOL wow... explosive stuff

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/09/05/opinion/trump-white-house-anonymous-resistance.html?nl=top-stories&nlid=57728323ries&ref=cta

The Times today is taking the rare step of publishing an anonymous Op-Ed essay. We have done so at the request of the author, a senior official in the Trump administration whose identity is known to us and whose job would be jeopardized by its disclosure. We believe publishing this essay anonymously is the only way to deliver an important perspective to our readers. 
The root of the problem is the president’s amorality. Anyone who works with him knows he is not moored to any discernible first principles that guide his decision making. Although he was elected as a Republican, the president shows little affinity for ideals long espoused by conservatives: free minds, free markets and free people. At best, he has invoked these ideals in scripted settings. At worst, he has attacked them outright.

guessing its sessions, btw. or at least a classic conservative in the white house. bolton might be another guess. but sessions hasn't much to lose. so he might use this opportunity as some form of farewell.

good one!

edit: tempted to think the unravelling of this presidency is accelerating. thing might be over shortly after november. as it's basically the first semi-officially conservative outcry thats basically saying: get this guy out of the office!

Edited by goDel

They just want to neuter his executive powers instead of impeaching him because the party wouldn't be able to stand the embarrassment. They're more interested in saving face for their constituents than their constituents' well-being.

I really hope it is Pence who wrote that. The mention of discussing the 25th amendment makes me think it is someone connected to Congress. Please let this be a sign the end is coming for Donald. Pence isn't really my cup of tea, but at least we wouldn't be bombarded daily with the stupid Donnie shit show.

Man fuck that boot-licking, homophobic, piece of three day old dogshit that is Pence.  A'member, he was Manifold's pick for VP, which I can only assume was for his best people qualities.

They're more interested in saving face for their constituents than their constituents' well-being.

This is why I hold politicians of all stripes in the lowest regard (APAB), in this yper-capitalist soft money, pay-2-play, etc. ecosystem that's been normalized over the past couple of decades the whoresmanship has never been so brazen.  Take that cunt who's chairing the dog 'n pony confirmation hearings, silencing the objections raised over needing to review documents, takes less than 10 minutes in the c-span archives to find said cunt on the floor taking that exact position.

Can't tell why they've released it now, though. (I believe it's a "they" instead of a "he/she", btw. I'd expect the "adults in the room" to be working together)

If it's about saving face, the question still is, why now and not a year ago? Is it because of the coming November elections? Like an election tactic? Vote for the adults in the room, so to speak. Or a distraction for the Kavanaugh procedure? Is it related to the release of Woodwards book? Or something more nefarious? Like some new policy or action that might be coming from the White House which could only be stopped with the 25th? Perhaps it's in preparation for something what Mueller might soon be doing? Or some people are closer to being thrown out of the White House than we might realise. Perhaps because of what's in Woodwards book.

Op-ed is crap. Not a resistance.

The writer defends the increased spending on military, the tax breaks for corporations and the immense amount of deregulation that is about to break the economy and the environment.

The writer defends the increased spending on military, the tax breaks for corporations and the immense amount of deregulation that is about to break the economy and the environment.

Keep in mind the context - they are resisting Trump from starting wars with North Korea, serve as a puppet to the Kremlin, enact police state measures, etc. Right-wing technocrats are diverting Trump from creating absolute turmoil and chaos well beyond the standard level of GOP fucking up. It's just confirming how much of the assumptions that the administration serve as babysitters are 100% true.

Keep in mind the context - they are resisting Trump from starting wars with North Korea, serve as a puppet to the Kremlin, enact police state measures, etc. Right-wing technocrats are diverting Trump from creating absolute turmoil and chaos well beyond the standard level of GOP fucking up. It's just confirming how much of the assumptions that the administration serve as babysitters are 100% true.

Yeah, those points weren't immediately on the agenda. They want them to happen over a longer period.

already confirmed by numerous people who haven't had to hide their identity. I agree he needs to be baby sat. I understand the context. This is just another instance of the Republican Party trying to distance themselves from the president the backed.