IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

It was front page on Reddit, top comment laid out the case, and r/conspiracy never makes front page...usually clickbait-y stuff gets found out real quick, and the post loses all its upvotes...dunno.

It was front page on Reddit, top comment laid out the case, and r/conspiracy never makes front page...usually clickbait-y stuff gets found out real quick, and the post loses all its upvotes...dunno.

reddit comments mostly call bullshit on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/55jywp/lawsuit_finds_millions_of_uncounted_bernie/

edit: i'm not saying there was no scam/fraud/cheat or whatever.. but this article doesn't really lay it out

Edited by ignatius

jebus - we're so fucked if we hand over things to this guy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/02/as-news-of-trumps-taxes-broke-he-goes-off-script-at-a-rally-in-pennsylvania/

He declared that he won Monday night’s debate even though he had a “bum mic.” He asked the crowd if they think that “maybe that was done on purpose.” They cheered.

This is what pisses me off about anyone who supports him. He lacks leadership, courage, dignity, maturity, decency. The fact that he's an incoherent demagogue for nationalists is terrible of course but that's not what drives me insane. He has the temperament and attitude of a shitty spoiled child. Imagine your kid is in a classroom and some bully trashes around and hits, spits, and curses everyone. Then cries as soon as he's disciplined. His parents then show up, scold everyone one for attacking him and tell you to go fuck yourself. Imagine the school admin shrugging their shoulders and saying "well that's the way he is, we just need to adjust. Isn't it fascinating though?" That's this election. That's his candidacy.

It's true his mic was actually defective but it's irrelevant to his ultimate performance. More importantly, any other candidate in the history of this country - any one of them - would have moved on from it, not wallowed in conspiracy theory delusional horseshit as he does now.

reddit comments mostly call bullshit on it.

https://www.reddit.com/r/conspiracy/comments/55jywp/lawsuit_finds_millions_of_uncounted_bernie/

edit: i'm not saying there was no scam/fraud/cheat or whatever.. but this article doesn't really lay it out

did nobody else notice that that article was just a repost of something posted in July? the headline was not even remotely backed up in the body of it either, the only actual information I was able to glean from it is that a lawsuit has been filed.

about what I expect from so called independent media, journalism school exists for a reason. also, there seems to be zero information about who operates that website, very suspicious looking.

It's true his mic was actually defective but it's irrelevant to his ultimate performance. More importantly, any other candidate in the history of this country - any one of them - would have moved on from it, not wallowed in conspiracy theory delusional horseshit as he does now.

It was? What was wrong with it? I didn't notice anything during the debate. The only thing I noticed was that it was fixed lower down than Clinton's was, so he kept having to lean into it to talk (or maybe that was just down to their difference in height).

Edited by caze

there was some minor feedback issue IIRC but nothing to get worked up over for a normal human being.

Edited by Guest

did nobody else notice that that article was just a repost of something posted in July? the headline was not even remotely backed up in the body of it either, the only actual information I was able to glean from it is that a lawsuit has been filed.

...and upon further reading, it doesn't even look like a lawsuit was actually filed.

It was? What was wrong with it? I didn't notice anything during the debate. The only thing I noticed was that it was fixed lower down than Clinton's was, so he kept having to lean into it to talk (or maybe that was just down to their difference in height).

there was some minor feedback issue IIRC but nothing to get worked up over for a normal human being.

I didn't notice it either, it appears though many credible news agencies have reports about there being minor issues but yeah, it's negligible at best in terms of sound quality versus Clinton's mic. It wasn't like the B&W tv screen effect that infamously harmed Nixon's debate.

Also, a bad mic didn't compel him to sniff annoyingly every 5 seconds.

I didn't notice it either, it appears though many credible news agencies have reports about there being minor issues but yeah, it's negligible at best in terms of sound quality versus Clinton's mic. It wasn't like the B&W tv screen effect that infamously harmed Nixon's debate.

Also, a bad mic didn't compel him to sniff annoyingly every 5 seconds.

No, but that rumoured cocaine habit probably did :dadjoke:

I heard the mic problem was a local one - little or no response in the room, but of course it was just fine in the broadcast. I guess his argument was that he couldn't know how audible his sniffing was. That's the only thing I can think of. But all that it contributed was just some slight embarrassment. People were poking fun about it but it certainly wasn't the main criticism; he just simply flunked the debate hard. As said above, not being able to hear himself shouldn't have thrown him off. That's his story, and even if it did, that's a big yikes from me.

Although I've made up my mind before campaigns were even launched, it would be nice to hear some kind of substantial debate. Some legitimate defense from the Reps. I am hoping for that w/ tomorrow's VP debate but I think it'll mostly just be them defending actions/behaviors of Clinton and the Donald.

In the next month Trump is gonna be systematically dismantled by his past...it appears he's raped at least one fellow human being, he's a terrible racist and misogynist, he's a huckster of the highest sort as far as his business dealings, he's not even close to a billionaire...

but most importantly he's arrogant, uninformed, vindictive and unstable...which is about the scariest possible collection of traits in a potential president

In the next month Trump is gonna be systematically dismantled by his past...it appears he's raped at least one fellow human being, he's a terrible racist and misogynist, he's a huckster of the highest sort as far as his business dealings, he's not even close to a billionaire...

but most importantly he's arrogant, uninformed, vindictive and unstable...which is about the scariest possible collection of traits in a potential president

those are all lies from the lamestream media afraid of the truth. 

so uh basically everyone agrees that he was totally owned in that debate yeh? It's weird tho that this doesn't seem to have much consequence on the polls n shit: http://www.realclearpolitics.com/epolls/2016/president/us/general_election_trump_vs_clinton-5491.html

like he should be tanking, right? But not happening... dunno?

These are the only polls from there that were done after the debate:

CNN/ORC................ 9/28 - 10/2 1213 LV 3.0 51 45 Clinton +6

LA Times/USC Tracking.. 9/26 - 10/2 2319 LV 4.5 42 47 Trump +5

FOX News............... 9/27 - 9/29 911  LV 3.0 49 44 Clinton +5

PPP (D)................ 9/27 - 9/28 933  LV 3.2 49 45 Clinton +4

Gravis................. 9/27 - 9/27 3386 RV 1.7 50 50 Tie

The LA Times poll seems to be incredibly biased towards Trump, and has been all along. So it does look like there was a large post-debate bump, even if you include the LA Times poll she got a small bump, and even if you include the pre-debate polls it shows he's already peaked.

Edited by caze

nice rant from dan savage about 3rd party candidates for president:

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2016/07/19/24362128/dan-savage-on-jill-stein-just-no

Yeah, let’s talk about the Green Party for just a moment, or third parties, getting a third party movement off the ground here in this country. Because we are sick of the two party system!

Here’s how you fucking do that: you run people not just for fucking president every four fucking years.

I have a problem with the Greens, I have a problem with the Libertarians. I have a problem with these fake, attention seeking, grandstanding Green/Libertarian party candidates who pop up every four years, like mushrooms in shit, saying that they're building a third party. And those of us who don't have a home in the Republican Party, don't have a home in the Democratic Party, can't get behind every Democratic position or Republican position, should gravitate toward these third parties. And help build a third party movement by every four fucking years voting for one of these assholes like Jill fucking Stein, who I'm sure is a lovely person, she's only an asshole in this aspect.

nice rant from dan savage about 3rd party candidates for president:

http://www.thestranger.com/slog/2016/07/19/24362128/dan-savage-on-jill-stein-just-no

Yeah, let’s talk about the Green Party for just a moment, or third parties, getting a third party movement off the ground here in this country. Because we are sick of the two party system!

Here’s how you fucking do that: you run people not just for fucking president every four fucking years.

I have a problem with the Greens, I have a problem with the Libertarians. I have a problem with these fake, attention seeking, grandstanding Green/Libertarian party candidates who pop up every four years, like mushrooms in shit, saying that they're building a third party. And those of us who don't have a home in the Republican Party, don't have a home in the Democratic Party, can't get behind every Democratic position or Republican position, should gravitate toward these third parties. And help build a third party movement by every four fucking years voting for one of these assholes like Jill fucking Stein, who I'm sure is a lovely person, she's only an asshole in this aspect.

Exactly what I was saying...