IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Does anyone care about the VP debates? Do they even matter?

They could and should considering how some VPs like Cheney can actually wield so power within the admin or as go-between from the legislature to the executive branch...but otherwise not really. The last interesting one was Palin-Biden only because it was actually pretty even on the surface with Palin really rehearsing a lot and coming off competent and Biden just wingin' it. 

I didn't watch it but I gather it seemed like Kaine suffered style wise - interrupting a lot and coming off aggressive, but from what I read he was winning in terms of facts and debate points and Pence was just in decent spin mode for Trump. Debates are irrelevant though. This is is an actual intellectual debate. What we call debates now is theater.

68whu.png

trump-and-parents.jpg

Snopes is having a fucking field day (year?) with this election. The amount of Trump/Hillary shit being flung is staggering. People believe most anything they see, hear or read, and social media produces so much crap we're all guilty of falling for something eventually.

considering how important this election is, i'd say they do. we still don't have a 9th member of the supreme court (thanks mitch mitchell) so whoever becomes president is going to pick that member, which will have profound effects for the next 30 years. btw: considering how old these guys are, the next president could end up picking about four of them. if you want something as simple as allowing women to have abortions if they so please, you better be voting hillary. otherwise, it will be up to trump.

also if you're gay (or support gay marriage) why would you vote trump/pence- unless you didn't want to marry your partner or felt the government should only limit adoption to straight couples. but again, why would you want to make that decision for other gay couples? it seems to make not sense, yet somehow it does to some

curious, the RNC knew who won the debate 2 hours before the debate had begun. can these guys see into the future, or is it just a case of we already made up our minds who won despite what happens?

cGqp2QD.jpg

second: tim kaine? dude- really? did anyone watch this guy? he was almost about to spontaneously combust from anger. i understand both trump and pence can never admit to anything they say, and both sides of the media are so heavily biased the end up "tell people what to think" but kaine really needs appear less rigid otherwise he's going to turn off more voters than clinton.

btw: after watching last night's debate you'd think mike pence was running for the republican ticket for president because he never once explained any of trump's positions or defended them. basically, he said "trump isn't a seasoned politician like you and hillary, but i on the other hand...."

third: gary johnson catches another L. couldn't they have handled this better or does bill weld not even give a shit about jonhson? 

Edited by Nebraska

after watching last night's debate you'd think mike pence was running for the republican ticket for president because he never once explained any of trump's positions or defended them. basically, he said "trump isn't a seasoned politician like you and hillary, but i on the other hand...."

he was, in 2020.

considering how important this election is, i'd say they do. we still don't have a 9th member of the supreme court (thanks mitch mitchell) so whoever becomes president is going to pick that member, which will have profound effects for the next 30 years. btw: considering how old these guys are, the next president could end up picking about four of them. if you want something as simple as allowing women to have abortions if they so please, you better be voting hillary. otherwise, it will be up to trump.

also if you're gay (or support gay marriage) why would you vote trump/pence- unless you didn't want to marry your partner or felt the government should only limit adoption to straight couples. but again, why would you want to make that decision for other gay couples? it seems to make not sense, yet somehow it does to some

curious, the RNC knew who won the debate 2 hours before the debate had begun. can these guys see into the future, or is it just a case of we already made up our minds who won despite what happens?

second: tim kaine? dude- really? did anyone watch this guy? he was almost about to spontaneously combust from anger. i understand both trump and pence can never admit to anything they say, and both sides of the media are so heavily biased the end up "tell people what to think" but kaine really needs appear less rigid otherwise he's going to turn off more voters than clinton.

btw: after watching last night's debate you'd think mike pence was running for the republican ticket for president because he never once explained any of trump's positions or defended them. basically, he said "trump isn't a seasoned politician like you and hillary, but i on the other hand...."

third: gary johnson catches another L. couldn't they have handled this better or does bill weld not even give a shit about jonhson? 

If Trump/Pence were to win (not going to happen) Pence would be doing much of the presidential duties anyway, officially or unofficially. He probably knows they're not gonna with though, so he's trying to firm up his own chances for point with the GOP/running in 2020 possibly.

Kaine was trying to be an attack dog but it just doesn't seem too natural to him, he seemed jumpy and uncomfortable and out of his element. He had some good points but kept harping on them and wasn't 'debating' really, more just running through what he knew and avoiding much else.

I missed the first 10 or so minutes, did Kaine not harp on the RNC early release of the Pence won the debate article?

In my mind, the VPs matter a touch more this time because of the Presidential candidates ages. And of course Pence because Trump is a fucking clown. 

Johnson/Weld thing is hilarious. Johnson is a joke, at least Weld has some connection to reality still. I really wish the third parties would get their shit together and make a viable case, the country is fucking begging for choice and change but we're all lazy and not starting new parties except for the old white Tea Party idiots.

photo is fake. trump still a racist though. 

you should listen to my pro-trump co-workers talk about immigrants when I'm not around, jeeeez but joke's on them because the architecture of the building allows me to listen to their conversations

Edited by Deer

There's a difference between immigrants and illegal immigrants ya know

EDIT: Still, immigrants deserve more respect than what they get, in fact, we should be very proud of them. Sadly we aren't.

Edited by clarktrent

Donald Trump on Wednesday threatened to sue groups running “nasty” ads attacking him.

Speaking at a rally in Henderson, Nev., the GOP presidential nominee insisted he would help veterans if elected and complained that he was unfairly targeted by negative advertising.

“And then I saw today ... a commercial where — it was really a nasty commercial, totally made up, about me with vets,” Trump said.

“There is nobody that loves the vets more or respects the vets more. They’re spending hundreds of millions of dollars on false commercials, and it’s a disgrace. So what we’ll do, I guess we’ll sue them. Let’s sue them.”

It was not immediately clear which ad Trump was referring to.

http://thehill.com/blogs/ballot-box/presidential-races/299473-trump-threatens-to-sue-over-nasty-campaign-ads#disqus_thread

i think he's crying about this ad

https://youtu.be/sEqiNIPIPPQ

Edited by Nebraska

I missed the first 10 or so minutes, did Kaine not harp on the RNC early release of the Pence won the debate article?

i also missed the beginning. actually i had completely forgotten it was happening until i received a reminder on mine phone. i had the option to start from the beginning, but i didn't think i had/would have missed much.

Johnson/Weld thing is hilarious. Johnson is a joke, at least Weld has some connection to reality still. I really wish the third parties would get their shit together and make a viable case, the country is fucking begging for choice and change but we're all lazy and not starting new parties except for the old white Tea Party idiots.

johnson has a future in comedy if he wants it so maybe this might turn out better than expected after all

https://youtu.be/NXhR41lsEJY

Edited by Nebraska

CruzSad1.png

this is what has become of (lyin) ted cruz. he now man's the phones for trump in dallas. a fitting end to a useless fool. video in the link below

https://twitter.com/gjmccarthy/status/784147520108625920

I don't think you meant it as his true 'end' but just seeing that word gave me a momentary joy, then a realization that this surely isn't the end of him, he'll be in the news doing and saying dumb shit again in December or January.