IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

it really doesn't fucking matter innit. Unless you're in a position to be able to convince thousands and thousands of people to vote for one thing somehow and actually act on it, i.e. you're a media mogul or somethings, it's totally a joke.

How many voters are in the US? What percentage of that do you have? Seriously, playing the lottery might be a better use of time than lecturing each other of the right thing to vote on in a message board thread which is better suited to serve a few good lols every now and then, imho

While I don't support Johnson, voting for him is taking votes AWAY from Trump. Same with Stein. Also, polls are likely rigged by the corporate media outlets. Why have more and more people been supporting Stein when her percentage somehow reportedly dropped from 4 to 2 percent? Doesn't add up.

We can all agree Trump is a crazy asshole. But you're also not gonna convince me to vote for the other poison.

While I don't support Johnson, voting for him is taking votes AWAY from Trump. Same with Stein.

Not necessarily. It's a lot more likely that they're taking votes away from Hillary. Especially given how many Bernie supporters there were before he pulled out, I think there's a lot more would-be 3rd-party voters that would choose her over Trump if they had to (and they do, if they're being realistic).

While I don't support Johnson, voting for him is taking votes AWAY from Trump. Same with Stein.

Not necessarily. It's a lot more likely that they're taking votes away from Hillary. Especially given how many Bernie supporters there were before he pulled out, I think there's a lot more would-be 3rd-party voters that would choose her over Trump if they had to (and they do, if they're being realistic).

Yes, lots of 3rd party votes coming from the so-called millenials. If polls have two instead of four options, the biggest difference comes from millenials. And they tend to favor Hillary when Trump is the only alternative.

interesting:

IF YOU know that Donald Trump is ignorant, unprepared and bigoted, but are thinking of voting for him anyway because you doubt he could do much harm — this editorial is for you.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/a-wrecking-ball-in-the-white-house-the-damage-trump-could-do-from-day-one/2016/09/30/1c69e9cc-85b5-11e6-a3ef-f35afb41797f_story.html?utm_term=.ce40c4251367

Also, polls are likely rigged by the corporate media outlets. Why have more and more people been supporting Stein when her percentage somehow reportedly dropped from 4 to 2 percent? Doesn't add up.

Provide evidence for this claim please, and which specific polls are you talking about, are they all rigged? You'll also need to provide some evidence for your assertion that 'more and more people' are supporting Stein as well, I've seen nothing to indicate that this is the case.

If you're voting for the person most likely to win instead of the person that you prefer, then you've completely lost the idea of democracy.

Are you willing to uphold this idea of democracy if your third party vote directly contributes to Trump actually getting into office?

I went from contributing to Bernie's campaign, to saying "fuck Hillary I'm voting third party", to thinking fuck it I'll hold my nose and vote for Hillary, to happily voting for her now. In fact, I hope she keeps her election rigging toolkit in her back pocket at all times. Her baggage is almost reasonable compared to what would happen if more people voted third party.

one can only imagine how much of a giant clusterfuck a three party scenario would play out in the USA. It's been a year long mexican standoff scenario here for a year, in the USA it would mean a 2 and a half year long election process... or better yet a perpetual election process. Has that been done in fiction yet? A country where there's an infinite election process

Edited by ThatSpanishGuy

take down the whole fucking goverment already

It's far from perfect, but it's not like we're living under a brutal communist regime or something

Maybe you're taking the piss, but a lot of people want to tear down the system, as if that would somehow be a better state of affairs

Is this shit still rolling on?

When do you {Americans] actually get to vote

There's another facking month of this, and then on election night, all the networks will start speculating about 2020. Literally the moment the results are in, they start about the next election.

election night == my birthday,

if this shit ends badly I'll feel fucking guilty celebrating...

so make sure the orange shitbag won't win mkay, thx pls

jebus - we're so fucked if we hand over things to this guy

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/post-politics/wp/2016/10/02/as-news-of-trumps-taxes-broke-he-goes-off-script-at-a-rally-in-pennsylvania/

— He told the crowd to get a group of friends together on Election Day, vote and then go to “certain areas” and “watch” the voters there. "I hear too many bad stories, and we can't lose an election because of you know what I'm talking about,” Trump said. “So, go and vote and then go check out areas because a lot of bad things happen, and we don't want to lose for that reason.”

— He declared that he won Monday night’s debate even though he had a “bum mic.” He asked the crowd if they think that “maybe that was done on purpose.” They cheered.