IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

Jesus that KKK sign in support of trump. I know you can't choose your supporters but fuuuuck.

i think it's more hilarious he was the most popular republican candidate amongst hispanic voters. the guy that wants to build a wall to keep out hispanics, is most popular with them.

Hispanic voters for the republican party?? That's gotta be a small number of people.

Hispanics are usually conservative in their social values and the GOP are usually closer to their values in that sense. But the overt racism might make them re-think it.

chomsky nails it. trump's lead really exposes how fucked up american society is right now. and it's kinda funny how publications are starting to come up with theories on how to stop the donald's winning streak realizing just how crucial this particular presidential race is with mitch is doing his best to stall the supreme court judge appointment (does anyone know if they can stall until a new president is picked or can obama use executive order to overturn their decision?)

Jesus that KKK sign in support of trump. I know you can't choose your supporters but fuuuuck.

i think it's more hilarious he was the most popular republican candidate amongst hispanic voters. the guy that wants to build a wall to keep out hispanics, is most popular with them.
Hispanic voters for the republican party?? That's gotta be a small number of people.
Hispanics are usually conservative in their social values and the GOP are usually closer to their values in that sense. But the overt racism might make them re-think it.

Shhhh... My greatest fear is that republicans will discover how much they have in common with abuelita.

does anyone know if they can stall until a new president is picked or can obama use executive order to overturn their decision?

it seems like he can't force it through, they're under no obligation to accept a nomination.

does anyone know if they can stall until a new president is picked or can obama use executive order to overturn their decision?

it seems like he can't force it through, they're under no obligation to accept a nomination.

This is true. The length of time is somewhat unprecedented I believe, but yes they are under no legal or constitutional requirement to accept it.

The republican reasoning is completely specious - they claim to want to hear the American people's voice, well the American people voted Obama into office twice.

None of the Hispanics I know would have anything to do with Trump. Of course anecdotal evidence is not data, and the Hispanics I know live in Canada not America, but I was still surprised.

I guess there is always that percentage of people who will vote against their own interests. I don't think Trump carries the Hispanic vote in a general election.

trump currently carries the conservative hispanic vote. i just don't get HOW considering his policies towards hispanic people and immigrants in general.

i read somewhere that people are so used to seeing trump as a character on tv and that's why they're voting for him regardless of what outlandish thing he says- but i wonder, do they still not think something is afoot when they see the radical nature of his supporters, or when KKK members show up to caucus for him?

https://youtu.be/2GKrFo6cZWI

trump currently carries the conservative hispanic vote. i just don't get HOW considering his policies towards hispanic people and immigrants in general.

in one of the other threads I made the point that hardship/adversity does not always instil nobility but can instead make one grubby/selfish/unconscientious. immigrants who have succeeded in a new country with new lives and newfound peace/prosperity will sometimes be the first people to shit on others trying to do the same, because they, coming from the same situation as them, are keenly aware of limited access/resources and will therefore feel like they gotta fight to protect their own. even against their fellow 'countrymen', using that term loosely.

there is an undercurrent of this many international diaspora-type communities as well.

in one of the other threads I made the point that hardship/adversity does not always instil nobility but can instead make one grubby/selfish/unconscientious. immigrants who have succeeded in a new country with new lives and newfound peace/prosperity will sometimes be the first people to shit on others trying to do the same, because they, coming from the same situation as them, are keenly aware of limited access/resources and will therefore feel like they gotta fight to protect their own. even against their fellow 'countrymen', using that term loosely.

there is an undercurrent of this many international diaspora-type communities as well.

Realest shit you ever wrote, mayne. I have to hear and see this shit every day.

Edited by doublename

We're due for some grassy knoll type of shit, you feel me?

GW Bush found a portal behind a cabinet that leads to inside Donald Trump...so GW Bush is controlling Trump, Being John Malcovich-style.

Or a TV producer is basically Nic Cage from Adaptation and the whole thing has gone wrong and crossed over into Synecdoche, NY territory. Soon, we'll all be Eternal Sunshining ourselves.

read somewhere that people are so used to seeing trump as a character on tv and that's why they're voting for him

it's lol & it's probably not far from the truth,

"china? you're fired! mexico!? you're FIRED"

anyways the big news outlets seem to be firing off that bernie will drop out after getting slaughtered on tuesday. wonder if that's just hillary spin tho

trump is too scary. he's the caricature we probably deserve though. it's craziness. this daily show piece is a tiny slice of his supporters but is quite funny.

"the greatest show on earth"

http://www.cc.com/shows/the-daily-show-with-trevor-noah/cast/jordan-klepper/5zb52m/donald-trump--the-greatest-show-on-earth

voting for anyone besides donald trump “is really treason to your heritage.” david duke; former kkk grand wizard

i predict this will make trump even more popular amongst minorities (not kidding)

The rhetoric around Trump has been so confusing. On the one hand I hear supporters saying Trump is more moderate than most republican candidates, on the other hand he gets support from legit racists and people taking the "Build the wall" meme seriously.

The rhetoric around Trump has been so confusing. On the one hand I hear supporters saying Trump is more moderate than most republican candidates, on the other hand he gets support from legit racists and people taking the "Build the wall" meme seriously.

yeah, Cruz is a far more frightening prospect in reality. not that Trump isn't a piece of shit, but Cruz has a principled belief in what he says (to some degree at least, for a politician). Trump will do/say anything to get there, so who knows what kind of shit he'd actually pull if he got there.

yeah, Cruz is a far more frightening prospect in reality. not that Trump isn't a piece of shit, but Cruz has a principled belief in what he says (to some degree at least, for a politician). Trump will do/say anything to get there, so who knows what kind of shit he'd actually pull if he got there.

Aha, glad you mentioned the fact that Trump will say anything. Great timing, because I discovered this Politifact page: http://www.politifact.com/personalities/donald-trump/

Hilarious reading the False and Pants on Fire false statements. 59% of the shit he says that was fact checked by Politifact was completely false? Is Politifact reputable?

Decidedly, Cruz is scarier than Trump

Who was the far-right Christian presidential candidate last go'round who wanted to criminalize masturbation?

I feel like Cruz has that same sorta vision for the country/world