IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

I cannot believe that the most powerful man in the free world even has the time to get bent out of shape regarding crowd sizes. 

Mr President, there are more pressing issues.

I cannot believe that the most powerful man in the free world even has the time to get bent out of shape regarding crowd sizes. 

Care about people's approval

and you will be their prisoner.

This new presidency is already taking on an alarming feel to it.

How long before Trump issues a decree that there will be no more press conferences whatsoever and just sets out policies and so forth completely through Twitter?

I dunno if I'd go that far. Childish, certainly. Any grown human who can't stand criticism is a child. However, if you talk shit about your boss and your boss finds out, they're likely to react to it. We've all had bosses who can't handle it and would react like that, I know I have.

Yes, but when you're the president of the united states, you have a little more accountability than the boss at the 24 hour print shop.

And from this article in the Washington Post:

"Now that social media guidance has been clarified, the Department and its bureaus should resume Twitter engagement as normal this weekend.”

That is some straight up NK style media management.

I agree that it's shitty and shady, and Trump comes off like a little bitch handling it like that. However calling it full on North Korea is a stretch imo. We're not talking about the freedom of the press, we're talking about official government agencies relating with citizens. If they'd been posting pro-Republican shit (even if factual, as some of their seemingly pro-liberal RTs were), it would be out of line to some degree or another. I'm all for nailing Comey to the wall for intervening in the election, I can't ignore biases from a government entity that really has no place in what they're talking about, even if I agree with them.

I mean, it's not as bad as NK...yet. But Trump calling CNN fake news and refusing to answer their questions? His press secretary telling the media what they should be reporting on? Shutting down information sources until guidelines are clarified?

There is a pattern there, the Dear Leader would be proud of the steps Trump is taking to limit access to information.

Combine that with calls to bring manufacturing back to the US and an increasingly isolationist point of view....

I mean, don't get me wrong, nobody is starving in America, and you don't get thrown in the gulags for criticism of El Trumpy... but still. There's some fucked up shit going on down there.

I mean, it's not as bad as NK...yet. But Trump calling CNN fake news and refusing to answer their questions? His press secretary telling the media what they should be reporting on? Shutting down information sources until guidelines are clarified?

There is a pattern there, the Dear Leader would be proud of the steps Trump is taking to limit access to information.

Combine that with calls to bring manufacturing back to the US and an increasingly isolationist point of view....

I mean, don't get me wrong, nobody is starving in America, and you don't get thrown in the gulags for criticism of El Trumpy... but still. There's some fucked up shit going on down there.

Yup... (emphasis mine)

this ass hat submitted a bill to have the USA leave the UN

https://mikerogers.house.gov

https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-congress/house-bill/193

lol. apparently though this happens every two years, so not just a sign of how low the US has fallen (it's always been this bad): 

http://www.snopes.com/us-pulling-out-of-un/

Edited by caze

FAKE NEWS. Bad!

Edited by Gocab

I cannot believe that the most powerful man in the free world even has the time to get bent out of shape regarding crowd sizes.

Stuff like this will keep him in arms length or what is actually important. So I think it would be a pretty good idea to keep him occupied with nonsense like this.

This new presidency is already taking on an alarming feel to it.

How long before Trump issues a decree that there will be no more press conferences whatsoever and just sets out policies and so forth completely through Twitter?

Imo, that would be a positive development. Press conferences give him an official platform to spread nonsense. I'd rather have his nonsense being limited to his twitterfeed. That way he's just another of those social media 4chan trolls and easily ignored. And besides, the last election cycle, the non-access press outperformed those who had acess to trump. (Waspo) non-access journalism seems more effective for delivering quality news. All those outlets dancing to trumps whims... its all redundant to me. So please stop with the official press conferences and let journalists do the hard work of describing the actual events instead of trumps distorted nonsense.

I cannot believe that the most powerful man in the free world even has the time to get bent out of shape regarding crowd sizes.

Stuff like this will keep him in arms length or what is actually important. So I think it would be a pretty good idea to keep him occupied with nonsense like this.

its not like the people he has surrounded himself with and who will be making the real decisions are any better

This shit from the whitehouse.gov page is shameful

https://www.whitehouse.gov/america-first-energy

I'm fairly neutral about energy policies and the oil & gas industry in general - I know both very progressive and very conservative people who work in that field and they will both attest that it's a lot more nuanced and complicated than the simplified and extremely misleading manner in which the GOP paints the energy-based economy in the U.S. 

Texas is a perfect example, it's touted for it's deregulation but we also have boom and busts frequently - the fracking boom is just now recovering from a complete implosion in the last few years. Our budget coffer is a lot smaller based on the fact that oil prices are still low. When Republicans blasted Obama for high oil prices during Arab Spring it was an absolute headache for anyone who knows even a slight idea of how oil prices affect the economy and why they vary globally. When Trump talks about expanding Coal AND Natural Gas production experts balk at the notion because those production methods compete against each other - and trying to subsidize both would be impossible and even backtrack growth.

alternative facts 

Funny how she pulls the victim card towards the end after dodging his question. "The press are being mean! They need to stop!" She takes after her master doesn't she.

4 or more years ago, any previous GOP POTUS, even the slimiest ones, would dodge and deflect the question, saying "well crowds don't matter really" or say "the media is focusing on the wrong stuff" and then probably tangent off to some BS talking points. It was annoying but way less infuriating and wrong than the delusions and lies the Trump admin tries to normalize and make acceptable. Crazy times we are in.

interesting response to the spicer/conway deal over at morning joe:

reason it's interesting is the behind the scenes connections with the white house/government combined with the knowledge trump himself actually watches it. (and knows mike/joe..)

FAKE NEWS. Bad!

The hunger in the US, while a very real and serious problem, is not comparable to what the North Korean people went through during "The arduous march".

Give Trump and his team a few years to gut your social safety nets though....

Trump canceled all subsidies for humanities. That's insane. In whose interest is it if only the rich can afford to study humanities? But yeah, for people like Trump thinking people are a pest

He should cancel all subsidies for science and education, the future is in low-skilled, manual labor. There is no way that could be made obsolete. All you need to do is to stop those pesky Mexicans from taking your jrrbs and you'll be in for a new golden age America! :emotawesomepm9:

Edited by kloffy

Trump canceled all subsidies for humanities. That's insane. In whose interest is it if only the rich can afford to study humanities? But yeah, for people like Trump thinking people are a pest

He should cancel all subsidies for science and education, the future is in low-skilled, manual labor. There is no way that could be made obsolete. All you need to do is to stop those pesky Mexicans from taking your jrrbs and you'll be in for a new golden age America! :emotawesomepm9:

Yeah, should've grabbed them by the pussy to make America great again