IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

let's not kid ourselves, clooney is very much the elite. 

he got a small loan of $1 million from his father to become an actor. 

i think they're all elite but there's something to be said for knowing where you came from and having that experience as opposed getting $8 million or whatever the loan was to start building/bankrupting companies. 

er, no. they're both elite. neither can relate to the average american or person. i'm not going to give clooney the benefit of the doubt here other than the fact that he's right, trump is an idiot.

i think his point stands.. there are a lot of working class actors in hollywood.. unions for lighting people.. sound people grips etc etc etc.. there's a load of working class people in the industry. 

pretty much anyone making large sums of money is elite... true a lot of people of wealth are disconnected from the average working stiff.... see hillary for example.  i don't think this makes all of them incapable of empathy or compassion or a fundamental understanding of what reality is like for a typical human being.. let alone one who is living in poverty.. i think where the huge divide is w/trump is he's not capable of understanding that. he's lived his entire life in a weird fucking bubble.. 

sure super rich super famous people live in a totally different reality.. prince, michael jackson, brad pitt.. any number of people in congress... and they don't see it as such.. they don't look in the mirror ever and at least accept their circumstance and recognize it as being totally fucking crazy.. whereas i think there are plenty of people who climbed up or even were born into it who can at least admit to themselves that "yeah.. this shit is not normal" 

at any rate.. i'm glad people are holding up the mirror to trump .. even if it's a little skewed to begin with. 

i remember before obama was pres there was a heap of "obama is the antichrist" bullshit going on

just curious, where is the "trump is the antichrist" bullshit? you'd think there would be some theories floating around in this area, right?

:dadjoke:

the Ant Christ. 

2ca0317792ef358703ab0c3d90737bf3c00db069

and trump cannot be the antichrist ebcause he  is the god emperor sent by christ. c'mon. don't you know this already??? 

And now he's vowing to boycott the NFL because of all the players "taking a knee" during the anthem today. Not that I care much about the NFL to begin with, but just shows how thin-skinned he is. Never mind his dumbass still-supporters who are condemning the Kaepernick trend. The irony is that I'm seeing more and more veterans defending the kneeling, which is encouraging.

sure super rich super famous people live in a totally different reality.. prince, michael jackson, brad pitt.. any number of people in congress... and they don't see it as such.. they don't look in the mirror ever and at least accept their circumstance and recognize it as being totally fucking crazy.. whereas i think there are plenty of people who climbed up or even were born into it who can at least admit to themselves that "yeah.. this shit is not normal"

at any rate.. i'm glad people are holding up the mirror to trump .. even if it's a little skewed to begin with.

don't be so sure of yourself, what the hell do you know what they think in private? Pitt in particular came from a poor background, has repeatedly mentioned how fucked up and stressful fame is, even went as far as to say it kept him up at night how doors are closed and opened to people based on genetics....

I think it's a very myopic thing to believe people got everything because of material excess. It's crazy in the sense that it's a statistically existential fluke, but so is easy access to food, shelter and healthcare. it doesn't stop people from being human. Humans are unsatisfied creatures by nature, everybody suffers from imposter syndrome and it's no secret how many famous people succumb to drugs and whatnot due to the emptiness of the lifestyle. I don't see any element of satisfaction in "elites" like Trump, they've clearly not figured it out but expend a lot of energy posturing to cover it up. Even though they have power there's no longevity to it, it's like trying to control a dream. Meanwhile, some people seem to make do with whatever life throws their way, a seemingly impossible task...

Edited by chim

don't be so sure of yourself, what the hell do you know what they think in private? Pitt in particular came from a poor background, has repeatedly mentioned how fucked up and stressful fame is, even went as far as to say it kept him up at night how doors are closed and opened to people based on genetics....

I think it's a very myopic thing to believe people got everything because of material excess. It's crazy in the sense that it's a statistically existential fluke, but so is easy access to food, shelter and healthcare. it doesn't stop people from being human. Humans are unsatisfied creatures by nature, everybody suffers from imposter syndrome and it's no secret how many famous people succumb to drugs and whatnot due to the emptiness of the lifestyle. I don't see any element of satisfaction in "elites" like Trump, they've clearly not figured it out but expend a lot of energy posturing to cover it up. Even though they have power there's no longevity to it, it's like trying to control a dream. Meanwhile, some people seem to make do with whatever life throws their way, a seemingly impossible task...

yeah.. not disagreeing w/you.. i guess i should have been more clear.. also i think i dropped a few words when i was typing. 

when i was 20 i parked cars for rich people. some of them were awesome salt of the earth people.. some were weird lunatics... some were just jerks.  so perhaps that's consistent across the socio economic blah blah blah.. 

in  50 years if the world isn't destroyed.. all this take a knee shit is gonna look ridiculous in the history books.. if people can still read and consider history a thing.. 

and the twitter bots that mine all this stuff will be spitting so much stuff.. hopefully we've moved beyond all this by then 

Edited by ignatius

3 more months until orange man's first year is up. It really hit home today that there are 3 more years of this. It is unimaginable as to where things go on this crazy train.

Guess I get a tax cut though...

I truly hope he disappears from politics after that. What an asshat. 

Still find it absurd how much he lived up to his name though - really can't write some of this shit!

I truly hope he disappears from politics after that. What an asshat. 

Still find it absurd how much he lived up to his name though - really can't write some of this shit!

I don't think he'll be able to come back from all he's done with the cherry (ahem) on top being his sexually explicit online affair with a 15 year old. That sorta puts the nail in the coffin, for him. Maybe he'll find out in jail that he just really loves showing off his cock and all the lonely guys there love to see it, so who needs women?

That whole 'subplot' really is surreal. Horny politician named Weiner cheats on his wife and is publicly shamed, she stands by him throughout (mirroring the wife's mentor Clinton's trials), then he fails again and again trying to rise back up to prominence, finally going beyond being just morally wrong and actually breaking the law. In the midst of the investigation into him, bullshit 'evidence' is found that dooms Clinton's election. It's going to make a great TV drama in 15 years. Or a shitty miniseries on CBS.