IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

You have to remember that democrat establishment is just a slightly less disturbed and none less corrupt racketeering operation.  Come down to Rhode Island sometime and I'll show y'all some doozies. DICKHEADS are currently trying to ram down some taxxxpayer-funded ca$hne$$ for a new stadium for a minor-league baseball franchise, owned by millionaires.

From the people that brought you Cunt Shilling's 38 Studios clusterbumblefuck

flol @ pence nfl publicity stunt fail. can you imagine if biden or someone pulled this shit? they would never be forgiven. but this will blow over in a few days just like everything else does. 

I'd like to send an extra special shout out of dicks to Mikey P, eat a whole bag of 'em you racist bottle of anus-bleaching gel

The idea: Elevate the GOP's most extreme option in each race, easing Democrats' path to victory in a range of states tilted against them.

Yeah, that tactic worked out real well last year didn't it?

Isn't it time for the Dems to adopt a new strategy? Like quit trying to prop up shitty candidates?

You have to remember that democrat establishment is just a slightly less disturbed and none less corrupt racketeering operation.  Come down to Rhode Island sometime and I'll show y'all some doozies. DICKHEADS are currently trying to ram down some taxxxpayer-funded ca$hne$$ for a new stadium for a minor-league baseball franchise, owned by millionaires.

From the people that brought you Cunt Shilling's 38 Studios clusterbumblefuck

Holy shit... that's a doozy. 

Dude has a point. Dems need to be a little less Ellen Degeneres and a little more Karl Marx.

So go from one extreme to the other?

Are there any reasonable people left or is everyone an ideologue ugh

Dude has a point. Dems need to be a little less Ellen Degeneres and a little more Karl Marx.

So go from one extreme to the other?

Are there any reasonable people left or is everyone an ideologue ugh

Maybe the reasonable people are too quiet, so you don't hear them.

More and more often these days I'm seeing that the Republicans are the way they are because the Democrats are SO fucking stupid.

whoah lets not go crazy here

Haha well I mean I'm not saying Republicans suck off the far right because the Dems are dumb, I'm saying the Democratic fumbling for the last 5-10 (or more) years has not given Republicans a solid challenge or competitor to keep them in check. And to anyone starting to type right now, I'm not talking about just the presidency obviously since Obama got elected, twice. I'm talking about there being essentially no way for Dems to win back either house of Congress, maybe ever? It's really pretty sad right now.

Maybe the reasonable people are too quiet, so you don't hear them.

There's a LOT of this. On 'many sides' :D

Dude has a point. Dems need to be a little less Ellen Degeneres and a little more Samantha Bee.

i am solely concerned with the consideration of the republicans as a viable alternative. this is the sort of toxic dichotomy that is making things reeeeal frustrating right now.

I agree a bit more smart/wit/attacking from the left is necessary. But we need new people in charge to allow and foster that. Pelosi and Schumer and Feinstein are simply too entrenched, they've done their time. Bow out gracefully, ye olde fuckers.

But also Mesh you bring up the biggest problem: there's a dichotomy. American politics cannot flourish or grow with only two (viable) parties any more. It's getting close to the breaking point, I think. I hope.

Agreed on all points. It's just silly. Literally no one is like that, either RIGHT or LEFT, at least not really. Not when you talk to them and question things, everyone has complex views that come out when you get them out of the script they're so used to falling back on. No matter how heavily they may lean one way or another, we all are reasonable people capable of compromise and understanding of others' viewpoints and perspectives.

Except really, really, REALLY stupid and ignorant people. They ain't got much thinks in their noggins for most anything I thinks sometimes y'know?

I agree with all that. Speaking of higher dimensional political planes, I find myself not relating to identity politics in general, which both the staunch conservatives and liberals can't seem to get enough of these days. It's one thing to protest disproportionate police brutality, it's another to spout bullshit about nationalism on one side, and politically correct righteous indignation on the other.

Edited by sweepstakes

Lol at discussing American politics as if they are to be taken seriously anymore. One thing Donnie has done is dumb this shit down by 50 levels. Look at the headlines today..."President Trump challenges his secretary of state to an IQ contest." The equivalent is 2nd graders shouting at each other "I'm smarter...no I'm smarter...no I'm...

I predict the next election will be decided by a thumb war or arm wrestling contest. Seriously, what if it's Pence v Schumer, and old Mike P beats him square 2 outta 3. 'Muricans would never vote for a loser like that...

Lol at discussing American politics as if they are to be taken seriously anymore. One thing Donnie has done is dumb this shit down by 50 levels. Look at the headlines today..."President Trump challenges his secretary of state to an IQ contest." The equivalent is 2nd graders shouting at each other "I'm smarter...no I'm smarter...no I'm...

I predict the next election will be decided by a thumb war or arm wrestling contest. Seriously, what if it's Pence v Schumer, and old Mike P beats him square 2 outta 3. 'Muricans would never vote for a loser like that...

they read tweet conversations on the evening news now. even on PBS. 

yeah i would say 80% of people are reasonable and the other 20% are bigots and zealots. actually i have no idea how accurate that is, but most people are reasonable is my main point. interested to know what other watmmers think in terms of how the numbers stack up here.

80% exercise critical thinking in many circumstances but are susceptible to bullshit in others. maybe 5% think of propositions as probabilities linked with indications across the board.

Edited by very honest

Identity politics is often misunderstood imo. For example yea police brutality against black people....removing birth control from the insurance of millions of women....Dakota Access pipeline...transgender out of the military....DACA...Charlottesville...

That said someone said i was mansplaining the other day because I had an alternative opinion...and I finally understood why people get so pissed off about it...ultimately they get pissed off when it gets used by vacuous liberal narcissists...and then inverted and regurgitated by some white supremacist nra maga imbecile...

I agree with all that. Speaking of higher dimensional political planes, I find myself not relating to identity politics in general, which both the staunch conservatives and liberals can't seem to get enough of these days. It's one thing to protest disproportionate police brutality, it's another to spout bullshit about nationalism on one side, and politically correct righteous indignation on the other.

Identity politics is often misunderstood imo. For example yea police brutality against black people....removing birth control from the insurance of millions of women....Dakota Access pipeline...transgender out of the military....DACA...Charlottesville...

That said someone said i was mansplaining the other day because I had an alternative opinion...and I finally understood why people get so pissed off about it...ultimately they get pissed off when it gets used by vacuous liberal narcissists...and then inverted and regurgitated by some white supremacist nra maga imbecile...

people do seem to disappear up their own asses and forget all about practical aspect of communication and evolving conversations and language. also.. the professionally outraged on the internet aren't doing society many/any favors.  the internet as a tool is double edged right? i mean.. it gives voice to people who are just discovering themselves and the world like college students etc and it comes off as a giant sludge of sameness. a hive mind saying the same mantras.. but i guess that's to be said of lot's of parts of culture/society.. and of course as a middle class middle aged white guy i shouldn't have an opinion.. ahem.. anyway.. the good parts of progressive politics get lost and caught up in seemingly petty battles instead of actual policy ideas and reform. but i think that's just because everyone is talking at the same time and the people actually doing things and making the world a bit better for people who need help are pretty busy doing stuff to affect change. 

it'll be interesting to see where we are in 10 or 20 years w/that old chestnut of unintended consequences. 

but maybe everything will just be on fire. 

people do seem to disappear up their own asses and forget all about practical aspect of communication and evolving conversations and language. also.. the professionally outraged on the internet aren't doing society many/any favors.  the internet as a tool is double edged right? i mean.. it gives voice to people who are just discovering themselves and the world like college students etc and it comes off as a giant sludge of sameness. a hive mind saying the same mantras.. but i guess that's to be said of lot's of parts of culture/society.. and of course as a middle class middle aged white guy i shouldn't have an opinion.. ahem.. anyway.. the good parts of progressive politics get lost and caught up in seemingly petty battles instead of actual policy ideas and reform. but i think that's just because everyone is talking at the same time and the people actually doing things and making the world a bit better for people who need help are pretty busy doing stuff to affect change. 

it'll be interesting to see where we are in 10 or 20 years w/that old chestnut of unintended consequences. 

but maybe everything will just be on fire. 

The internet and real life do often get confused dont they.