IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

he did try. he told white house counsel mcgahn to instruct the justice department to fire him, but mcgahn said he would resign instead, so he backed off. that's one of the reason's mueller probably has obstruction in the bag

he probably has collusion in the bag, too. there's a quid pro quo out in the open - the pre-meeting email to junior promising dirt, veselnitskaya alluding to sanctions (adoptions / magnitsky act) in the meeting, then flynn talking sanctions with russian officials during the transition and lying about it to the fbi.

looks like mueller signalled that he's not going for indictment, for the president. undoubtedly because of the legal questionabillity of prosecuting a sitting president. that was the significance of the news that trump is classified as a subject and not a target. people had been wondering if mueller would go for indictment or would hand his findings over to congress for action. 

the same day that news came out that trump is classified as a subject, news also came out that Mueller is preparing a report as part of his investigation. so he has signalled his endgame. his findings will be handed to congress, and there will be a report. likely there will be 2 versions of it, one public and one classified.

67 / 100 yeas in the senate are needed to remove from office.

it's going to be an interesting year

Edited by very honest

^ good to know, I'm pretty out of the loop with the finer details

he looks genuinely shaken to me here...also i think his dentures are about to bail...

heard this on the radio - they said the same thing

Such a vanilla narcissist. When he talks about "the most conflicted group of people ever" he's basically projecting his own problems on others. Quite astounding to see. Any blame he puts onto others is basically a representation of his own problem. Lying in front of investigating committees? Check! Conflicts of interests? Check! The list goes on. You only need to follow his words and fill out the checklist.

Same selfishness and lack of empathy resonates with a lot of his supporters. It parallels to just about any textbook cult, megachurch, despotic regime, business scheme, etc. Narcissist leader and delusional followers.

Apparently the judge who served the warrant is GOP appointed Trump supporter. That means some very compelling evidence was brought forth. I can only guess Trump is trying to time any firings just perfectly right? Ride out the investigation as long as possible?

please try and fire mueller

lets end it now

I really wish he would try.

Stealing this from something I read in a comments section somewhere, but I hope he decides to go the way of the warden in Shawshank instead.  That'd really show Obama!

Taking bets on who he fires first: Kelly or Sessions. He just claimed yesterday (I think?) that Kelly was fine, so, what, a week and a half before he's gone? Or is he just planning on outing Sessions first? Heard someone (seemingly speculating) say he may appoint Pruitt to Sessions position to get everyone off Pruitt's back at his current post at the EPA. Of course, only part of the hatred towards Pruitt is because of his actual EPA work, much of it currently rustling feathers is because of shit he'd still do at any similar-leveled position. 

And he's definitely going to do some damage to Syria now that all this other is going on. Tipped that, even though it was likely going to happen anyway. Shit's extra messy at the moment and T-boy is shaking. 

I love how he kicks Sessions around all the time, it's so funny.

in other news, tha Zucc's Congress appearance has him looking more like a robot than ever.

BN-YE207_FACEBO_M_20180409182853.jpg

tf is goin on there. wonder if he'll sweat as much this time.

Edited by usagi

I love how he kicks Sessions around all the time, it's so funny.

in other news, tha Zucc's Congress appearance has him looking more like a robot than ever.

BN-YE207_FACEBO_M_20180409182853.jpg

tf is goin on there. wonder if he'll sweat as much this time.

Screen_Shot_2018_04_10_at_17_30_23.png

he did try. he told white house counsel mcgahn to instruct the justice department to fire him, but mcgahn said he would resign instead, so he backed off. that's one of the reason's mueller probably has obstruction in the bag

he probably has collusion in the bag, too. there's a quid pro quo out in the open - the pre-meeting email to junior promising dirt, veselnitskaya alluding to sanctions (adoptions / magnitsky act) in the meeting, then flynn talking sanctions with russian officials during the transition and lying about it to the fbi.

looks like mueller signalled that he's not going for indictment, for the president. undoubtedly because of the legal questionabillity of prosecuting a sitting president. that was the significance of the news that trump is classified as a subject and not a target. people had been wondering if mueller would go for indictment or would hand his findings over to congress for action. 

the same day that news came out that trump is classified as a subject, news also came out that Mueller is preparing a report as part of his investigation. so he has signalled his endgame. his findings will be handed to congress, and there will be a report. likely there will be 2 versions of it, one public and one classified.

67 / 100 yeas in the senate are needed to remove from office.

it's going to be an interesting year

couple of details wrt your comments:

- subject can still become target (at this point he doesn't need to go after trump himself. he can simply go after the people directly around him - like cohen, manafort and roger stone)

- the report mentioned, wasn't - if i'm correct - THE final end report, but just a specific piece of the entire puzzle which was supposed to be released earlier.

i've read somewhere it was supposed to be about the obstruction case. which was implicated by the list of subjects/questions Trump was going to be asked about by mueller. (implication: trump is a subject, and therefore he has to be interviewed first before there could be a report)

i'm guessing that (sub)report was part of the negotiations between team trump and team mueller. trump wants to get it over with quickly. and the obstruction case was perhaps a piece of low hanging fruit, if you will. the deal being: if you talk with us, we will have a report sooner. so until trump has talked with mueller, no report. kinda makes sense i think (if you believe mueller loves to have trump incriminate himself in return for some 'minor' part of the investigation)

so i'm not sure whether this report potentially signals some kind of endgame. some people assumed it wasn't. as there still are quite a number of moving pieces on the board. recently more research into manafort. cohen. roger stone. eric prince. some recent stuff about oligarchs being questioned. and we haven't seen much about trump and family as far as i can tell. essentially, it's unclear how far mueller is with the "follow the money" part of the investigation. Especially considering the cohen stuff was focussed on that. (payments to stormy daniels..) but perhaps the endgame is not about finishing the investigation, and rather about ending it without having a finished comprehensive report. this would only make sense from trumps position, of course.

I am starting to think that Trump wasn't truthful when he said he only hires the BEST PEOPLE. Or then Trump has a different idea on what the best really is. I think the latter is more believable since he seems to occupy a different reality than the rest of us.

It's still mind-boggling that the US elected this turd of a person as president. Personifies the ugliest parts of US culture.

Is he ever going to shut the fuq up about Hillary? He reminds me a bit of my dad in that he gets absolutely fixated on a subject and won't stop talking about it even long after it ceases to be relevant. They're the same age, I think it's an old man thing

NYT is reporting that the raid on Cohen's office was, at least in part, to obtain records of the payments to two women besides Daniels accusing Trump of sex/whatever. Also, Trump's supposedly talking about firing Rosenstein again.

I am starting to think that Trump wasn't truthful when he said he only hires the BEST PEOPLE. Or then Trump has a different idea on what the best really is. I think the latter is more believable since he seems to occupy a different reality than the rest of us.

It's still mind-boggling that the US elected this turd of a person as president. Personifies the ugliest parts of US culture.

Metaphorically speaking, the country is going through a phase of sickness right now. I think over the past decade we were infected with harmful bugs that weren't as apparent before. And now that they've all surfaced, everyone is seeing the symptoms now.

As naive as it might sound, my hope is that these bugs are slowly in the process of getting flushed. The bigotry, the xenophobia, the greed, the belligerence, the corruption, etc.

Is he ever going to shut the fuq up about Hillary? He reminds me a bit of my dad in that he gets absolutely fixated on a subject and won't stop talking about it even long after it ceases to be relevant. They're the same age, I think it's an old man thing

He name dropped Obama as well.

My folks do the same thing, talk in circles, change the subject, study delusional theories intensely then conveniently ignore and deflect any substantive facts that undercut their argument. It's gas-lighting and doublespeak to the extreme. It's not even conservative and right-wing ideology that bothers me anymore, it's the absolute disengagement from thinking and discussion. I want to get back to debating politics. I miss being attacked for being liberal because now I'm attacked for believing in facts and seeking knowledge. The same parents who told us we have to go to college now thinks we were "brainwashed" by universities. 

They don't want think beyond their own narrative. It's the lack of courage and fear of losing this selfish feeling of being "in the know" and perpetually battling some vague, leftist boogeyman. Reality is their biggest fear. The same people who made me feel awful for questioning the government and corporate lobbies during the Iraq War and economic meltdown of the late 00s now lecture me about the "deep state" and talk of fanciful impending civil war between anti-government patriots and globalist elites. Not one gives a shit about the mess the future generation are being left. Trump was a fuck you vote because they were snowflakes who rolled their eyes everytime Obama said anything remotely smug. Now they literally cheer when Trump does things no remotely responsible parent or citizen would allow a child to do. It's fucking incredible and sad. 

Edited by joshuatx

I want to get back to debating politics. I miss being attacked for being liberal because now I'm attacked for believing in facts and seeking knowledge. 

Trump was a fuck you vote because they were snowflakes who rolled their eyes everytime Obama said anything remotely smug. Now they literally cheer when Trump does things no remotely responsible parent or citizen would allow a child to do. It's fucking incredible and sad. 

They seem like those people who project their resentment at their children into a more socially acceptable sense of moral superiority over the childless. Like they see Trump as the opportunity to be a rotten cunt that their kids ostensibly robbed them of.

I wonder if Michael Cohen handled the kompromat stuff and the FBI found all his communications about it or something.

I wonder if Michael Cohen handled the kompromat stuff and the FBI found all his communications about it or something.

one speculation i heard is this is just leverage to flip cohen. so, whatever the NY state attorney gets on cohen he can roll him up to mueller if cohen has some dirt.. get cohen to plead guilty in exchange for a deal to air out the dirty laundry. 

per one interview i saw the reporter said cohen was genuinely in fear for his future and his family's future. so, if they are able to get soem charges to stick that include ending his career and getting him disbarred etc then maybe he talks about what he knows. of course he's publicly said he'd never abandon trump or turn on him.. but we'l see. things look different when they have you by the short hairs. 

Interesting to compare the trump universe with the harvey weinstein universe. Lots of similarities. And now it looks like the Trump empire might fall as well. Thank you, Stormy Daniels!

With Mueller handing over this case to the local federal office, it has basically become another weinstein case. Which is a good thing, imo. Because, as much as i would like to see Trump impeached, it's better to have his empire decimated. The impeach thing is more political anyways. If you want to make Trump fall, you'll need a criminal investigation into his business. He's going to fall like weinstein. And less like Nixon.

He name dropped Obama as well.

My folks do the same thing, talk in circles, change the subject, study delusional theories intensely then conveniently ignore and deflect any substantive facts that undercut their argument. It's gas-lighting and doublespeak to the extreme. It's not even conservative and right-wing ideology that bothers me anymore, it's the absolute disengagement from thinking and discussion. I want to get back to debating politics. I miss being attacked for being liberal because now I'm attacked for believing in facts and seeking knowledge. The same parents who told us we have to go to college now thinks we were "brainwashed" by universities. 

They don't want think beyond their own narrative. It's the lack of courage and fear of losing this selfish feeling of being "in the know" and perpetually battling some vague, leftist boogeyman. Reality is their biggest fear. The same people who made me feel awful for questioning the government and corporate lobbies during the Iraq War and economic meltdown of the late 00s now lecture me about the "deep state" and talk of fanciful impending civil war between anti-government patriots and globalist elites. Not one gives a shit about the mess the future generation are being left. Trump was a fuck you vote because they were snowflakes who rolled their eyes everytime Obama said anything remotely smug. Now they literally cheer when Trump does things no remotely responsible parent or citizen would allow a child to do. It's fucking incredible and sad. 

Jesus man, this is sad to read

Hope clear heads prevail for you and yours

Belated Edit: nixon was a political beast and knew what he was doing. Politically, trump is clueless. So any defense of trump will be either "dont know" or "dont care" or even "dont understand" ...and worse "because this is how i think things should be done" -insert some inane position -. Arguably, trump was elected for being stupid/trump. So it's dificult to impeach him for being just that. I believe. Thats why the weinstein option will be more effective. Even though trump will have some kind of imunity until hes out of office.

Dunno. I somehow think its better this way. Trump looked like a lame duck in that meeting. Or rather a spoiled child. With a lot of people surrounding him doing damage control.

With all the bad stuff that is told about Bolton, for instance. Even though all of that might be true, you just have to look at him and see his disdain for the spoiled brat behavior of that orange kid next to him. Bolton is very much a principles guy. Might be bad ones. But nevertheless, he loooooves his principles and hes damn proud of them. And there are plenty of conflicts of principles between these two. Same could be argued for pence, mattis and kelly. All of them i think are conservative guys who jerk off to their personal sets of principles. Their lifetime achievements of having the best principles. Those are like their personal oscars. And trump attacks those principles on a daily basis. So its essentially the trump containment crew made up of old white guys with white hair. The conservative grand pas. ( unconsciously trump must be looking for his dad or something. Still searching for that fatherly love he never had) regardless of trumps behavior, i actually think they're doing damage control. If only to preserve their beloved principles.

Paul Ryan isn't going to seek reelection in November. Could be something bigger, as he's always seemingly been aspiring for the top imo, maybe getting ready to run against Trump in 2020? Maybe just trying for a governor or senate seat eventually.