IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

el oh el and indiana blowing for the country again. love my state.

YO!!! H5 INDIANA!!!

This place fucking sucks!!!

=D

<hug the crap out of you!!!>

Ah! To know that people have lived my pain....

=D

Sorry... I'm shitfaced.

Colbert's opening thing basically summed up how I feel perfectly.

Edited by Hk47

mixed bag as expected i think. 

bummer about florida.. but at least they did ok on the ballot measures and banned vaping in bars :)

oh and offshore drilling and restored right to vote to many felons who complete their sentences... 

also, legal weed in michigan and end to gerrymandering in some places. 

we'll se what meuller drops nxt week or tomorrow :)

As expected, the house goes to the Dems and the Senate stays in GOP hands. Kemp beat Abrams and DeSantis beat Gillum. Nazi Steve King re-elected. Also lol at Ted Cruz winning, even when everyone hates him. Still, Texas is going blue in the next elections.

I figured the House going to the Dems would be the most likely outcome. Could be worse. At least it's a step in the right direction. I just hope that arrogant corporate hag Pelosi doesn't become House Speaker, but I'm sure that's likely too.

alaska still has to deal with the grumpy ol coot don young in the house who is more than a bit of a dolt

Hard to get the old timers out.

In CA, for Senate, we had the choice between the long reigning Diane Feinstein and the opposing Kevin De Leon, who actually stole the Dem party's nomination from her this election. Looking like Feinstein kept her seat.

Texas will never change.

Austin ftw bru.

no amount of Austin hipsters in their bubble of comfort will rectify the incorrigible behaviour of the state as a whole.

I figured the House going to the Dems would be the most likely outcome. Could be worse. At least it's a step in the right direction. I just hope that arrogant corporate hag Pelosi doesn't become House Speaker, but I'm sure that's likely too.

Pelosi is the Speaker again, Dems already promising to subpoena Trump's tax records, which apparently the House can request on its own directly from the IRS.

Trump wasn't a brief moment of mass hysteria then eh? Fuck sake.

People are fucking retarded and Mueller needs to give them the bitchslap of truth. That will make the Dems’ fun new oversight roles even easier + “hey we’re not the ones trying to fuck you over” healthcare, what is it? extravaganza

Trump wasn't a brief moment of mass hysteria then eh? Fuck sake.

it's funny, commentators love to point to a single new moment where America supposedly jumps the shark for good by doing something obviously insane, like not smashing Trump/the GOP hard enough in the midterms, or electing him in the first place. remember when people had similar sentiments after Dubya was given a second term in 2004? those a bit older probably felt the same watching Vietnam drag on interminably with no moves towards an end in sight.

truth is that there have been many such moments over the decades and it's usually the disadvantaged/underprivileged who have their eyes open the most to watch for them carefully. it's like that skit in the Dave Chappelle SNL show shortly after Trump was confirmed, where the young enthusiastic middle-class types are all sitting around watching the results come in with increasing surprise and indignation while Dave and Chris Rock are just loling at them. you have to be really blind to believe that this kind of thing is isolated or new, the insanity is always there, under the surface. people like Trump just give it an excuse to become public and acceptable.

Probably not, just another day in the United States of Trump

Edited by Gocab

Probably not, just another day in the United States of Trump

Yeah, you're right. And then someone shoots a bunch of people.

Yup, then Trump blames it on not enough guns and the fake media, while he rambles on about Mexican rapists and very bad people from the middle east. But not Saudi Arabia, because they've got oil and money. Edited by Gocab

what's the deal with governors, how do deeply blue vermont, n.h and mass get republican governors, and by pretty big margin too? do they not matter in the grand scheme of things?

Edited by eugene

Michigan went pretty blue in the important positions. That may bold well for the upcoming election in 20'. Especially in my home area of Macomb County. I figured nationally, it would stay red. Which was mostly the case.

I have to admit, I was more concerned about government on a local level & my school mileage. Luckily that all worked out so I can  just go back to being condescending to my neighbors minus the rage.

Edited by olo