IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

TBH I can't take any of this GOP shit seriously anymore. An entire reality TV show cast taking over US politics is where we're at now.

Oh well. Get your airhorns ready

Reality far surpasses satirical news outlets like the onion these days, I'm not sure how they're still going.

We need more blunt, accurate headlines like this

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/11/18/trump-says-he-was-fully-briefed-and-also-not-briefed-yet-either-way-saudi-crown

Trump Says He Was 'Fully Briefed' and Also 'Not Briefed Yet' But Either Way Saudi Crown Prince 'Absolutely' Not Involved Because Trump Knows 'Everything That Went On' Without Listening to Tape of Khashoggi Murder

That's how a 4 year old responds when you ask them if they know who ate the last chocolate chip cookie while they are wiping the crumbs from their mouth. "Not me. What's a chocolate chip cookie? Maybe me." Sorry to all the 4 year olds out there to have to foist this comparison on you.

We need more blunt, accurate headlines like this

https://www.commondreams.org/news/2018/11/18/trump-says-he-was-fully-briefed-and-also-not-briefed-yet-either-way-saudi-crown

Trump Says He Was 'Fully Briefed' and Also 'Not Briefed Yet' But Either Way Saudi Crown Prince 'Absolutely' Not Involved Because Trump Knows 'Everything That Went On' Without Listening to Tape of Khashoggi Murder

lol

The annoying thing about this whole Trump ordeal is that you have these people (often conservatives) who kinda defend him by arguing they don't like his style, but other than that don't see any particular issues. Case in example is 13 mins in this clip

At which point you enter an endless discussion on style over substance. Implying that Trump basically can get away with anything because it's just his style. And to make a point on substance you immediately have to go to the supreme court in order to keep the politics out of it. As long as he's within the bounds of what is constitutional, he's doing OK. And every issue regarding those borders have to be brought in front of a court.

In other words: the political checks and balances are non-existent. If there are boundaries, they're only legal. Political implications, national or international, are off the table. Welcome to authoritarianism...

sorry for the rant...

There is no other world leader on the planet that speaks gibberish as well as Trump. From the vault:

“Well he said, you’ll be the greatest president in the history of, but you know what, I’ll take that also, but that you could be. But he said, will be the greatest president but I would also accept the other. In other words, if you do your job, but I accept that. Then I watched him interviewed and it was like he never even was here. It’s incredible. I watched him interviewed a week later and it’s like he was never in my office. And you can even say that.”

Explaining his flip-flop on China, Trump said, “Things change. There has to be flexibility. Let me give you an example. President Xi, we have a, like, a really great relationship. For me to call him a currency manipulator and then say, ‘By the way, I’d like you to solve the North Korean problem,’ doesn’t work. So you have to have a certain flexibility, number one. Number two, from the time I took office till now, you know, it’s a very exact thing. It’s not like generalities. Do you want a Coke or anything?”

I think that's how you become a bigshot. Just talk. Nonstop. It doesn't have to make sense. As long as you talk nonstop and put on a very confident facade you'll make it. My old boss was like that. He had all the alpha-male tendencies of interrupting people, talking louder than everyone else, looking at you as if he was disgusted, patting people on the shoulder and back which exhibits dominance, and so on. Also, his English was absolutely terrible, but he would go out of his way to correct people if he could.

That's how a 4 year old responds when you ask them if they know who ate the last chocolate chip cookie while they are wiping the crumbs from their mouth. "Not me. What's a chocolate chip cookie? Maybe me." Sorry to all the 4 year olds out there to have to foist this comparison on you.

I can't even compare the fucker to toddlers at this point either. I have a 3 year old in daycare and even the shittiest parent and the shittiest kid are nowhere close to being as woefully godawful. I guarantee the dimmest bruiser of a kid in that class has a greater grasp on ethics, morality, and civility than Trump.

Only way I could draw any analogy would be if there was some brat kept hitting kids, knocking over stuff, and defying the teachers every single day. The futility would be that anyone who confronted it was promptly called a libtard and told to STFU and reminded that the said kid hasn't burned the house down, killed or permanently injured anyone. Oh and also that collusion isn't a crime and the economy is great.

I think that's how you become a bigshot. Just talk. Nonstop. It doesn't have to make sense. As long as you talk nonstop and put on a very confident facade you'll make it. My old boss was like that. He had all the alpha-male tendencies of interrupting people, talking louder than everyone else, looking at you as if he was disgusted, patting people on the shoulder and back which exhibits dominance, and so on. Also, his English was absolutely terrible, but he would go out of his way to correct people if he could.

Fuck, I do this sometimes. Not even consciously, it just happens and I always kinda regret it immediately. Now I'm gonna be up all night thinking about who I patted on the back recently that I should not have and freak out. What if I'm an asshole without fully realizing it? Goddamn it.

Lol @

Finnish President Sauli Niinistö said in an interview published Sunday that although President Donald Trump claimed the European leader told him Finns rarely have forest fires because they "spend a lot of time raking," he doesn't recall discussing that with Trump when they met last weekend in Paris.