IGNORED

Now That Trump's President... (not any more!)

Nebraska

3 hours ago, chenGOD said:

I can't wait to see his whole family prosecuted for criminal activity in the state of NY.

It's not gonna happen. he is going to pardon himself and his whole family. Constitution scholars have been scrambling because no president has ever pardoned himself and it is not clear in the constitution. But he will do. Dollars to D for doughnuts. 

1 minute ago, jules said:

It's not gonna happen. he is going to pardon himself and his whole family. Constitution scholars have been scrambling because no president has ever pardoned himself and it is not clear in the constitution. But he will do. Dollars to D for doughnuts. 

I'm not sure how that's going to shake out, but you can't pardon yourself after you leave the presidency. No on will charge him with anything while he's president.

3 hours ago, Nebraska said:

big T would have to ask for permission to fly in air force 1 to get from florida to washington, so he'll just save joe the trouble

Wait. Wasn't he banned from twitter??

3 minutes ago, Braintree said:

I'm not sure how that's going to shake out, but you can't pardon yourself after you leave the presidency. No on will charge him with anything while he's president.

I just have a feeling he is not going to jail or anything.

1 minute ago, J3FF3R00 said:

facebook and instagram was perma banhammer

pardons only count for federal crimes, even if his future self-pardoning happens. the NY stuff is being touted as an actual problem for him because it’s state crimes.

• Like 3

8 minutes ago, jules said:

thing is, accepting a pardon is understood to entail admitting to the offense. also, the self-pardon is not tested, so it would go to the supreme court, and it doesn't look likely to be upheld at the supreme court. so: if trump tries self-pardon, he admits to the offenses, then gets the pardons stripped

Trump’s Self-Pardon Fantasy Will Meet a Harsh Reality

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, auxien said:

pardons only count for federal crimes, even if his future self-pardoning happens. the NY stuff is being touted as an actual problem for him because it’s state crimes.

right, but then can't he plead the fifth on those?

Im out of my league with the legal stuff. Thought this was the AE 08 Live thread.

• Haha 4

10 minutes ago, J3FF3R00 said:

sadly no, they unlocked it after he deleted a few things:

https://www.cnbc.com/2021/01/07/trump-sends-first-tweet-after-twitter-removes-lock-from-his-account.html

Twitter said Wednesday Trump would not be able to post from his account until 12 hours after he removed the violating tweets.

7 minutes ago, jules said:

right, but then can't he plead the fifth on those?

Im out of my league with the legal stuff. Thought this was the AE 08 Live thread.

pleading the fifth doesn’t equal being not guilty tho lol 

but yeah i’m no legal guru in the least either tho, just okay at parroting out basic things smarter people than me have said :cat:

Just now, auxien said:

pleading the fifth doesn’t equal being not guilty tho lol 

but yeah i’m no legal guru in the least either tho, just okay at parroting out basic things smarter people than me have said :cat:

lol yea I know. I thought I read that if he pardoned himself from federal crime that it gave him a loophole in the state crimes. But I have no idea. I also like cold toilet seats.

• Haha 1

WV elected state representative doofus filmed himself breaking into the Capitol. he’s just been arrested. short thread that shows his video, it’s pretty funny (re:sad)

• Haha 2

38 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

it's bullshit to pretend authorities had no clue this could happen.

They absolutely should have been way better prepared and massive numbers should have been there. The appointment of Miller to Acting Secretary DoD was likely key in removing that preparation.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, chenGOD said:

They absolutely should have been way better prepared and massive numbers should have been there. The appointment of Miller to Acting Secretary DoD was likely key in removing that preparation.

Better prepared and also told not to usher them in. Look how this cop actually motions them to come up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJw-NX6n1n-/

• Like 3

32 minutes ago, jules said:

As has been mentioned - pardons only for federal - state prosecutors free to go after him - and the NY State prosecutors do not like trump. At all.

Pleading the fifth just means you refuse to answer questions, so while he may refuse to incriminate himself, he absolutely can still face trial and be found guilty.

2 minutes ago, Braintree said:

Better prepared and also told not to usher them in. Look how this cop actually motions them to come up.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CJw-NX6n1n-/

Yeah some of those Capitol police need to be investigated and prosecuted.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, chenGOD said:

As has been mentioned - pardons only for federal - state prosecutors free to go after him - and the NY State prosecutors do not like trump. At all.

Pleading the fifth just means you refuse to answer questions, so while he may refuse to incriminate himself, he absolutely can still face trial and be found guilty.

he also can't pardon himself for taxes owed. he can't pardon himself out of financial ruin. at a minimum he's going to pay lawyers millions for years to represent him in court. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Alcofribas said:

Donal Trump banned from playing Yoshi’s World on twitch dot com

Gotem! Shut it down boys, case closed!

• Like 1