IGNORED

Objekt - #4

d-a-m-o

• 1 month later...

It does boggle my mind how this guy can lay my ass flat with something like "Ganzfeld" and then tinkle a Korg M1 dance organ behind a James Brown break like an amateur.

provocation?

wanting to make you think about it?

different taste?

some mysterious meta shit??

Thing is Objekt lives in Berlin these days, spends a lot of time at clubs listening to this kind of stuff and naturally it's influenced his style. Sadly I don't like this style, I find it lacks energy and is wholly unexciting to listen to, but he should obviously make what he enjoys. He's always appropriated other styles and put his own spin on it, like the wobbly bass dubsteppish sound of Cactus. I'm sure he'll put out some other stuff I really enjoy one day but for now this release is my loss.

Thing is Objekt lives in Berlin these days, spends a lot of time at clubs listening to this kind of stuff and naturally it's influenced his style. Sadly I don't like this style, I find it lacks energy and is wholly unexciting to listen to, but he should obviously make what he enjoys. He's always appropriated other styles and put his own spin on it, like the wobbly bass dubsteppish sound of Cactus. I'm sure he'll put out some other stuff I really enjoy one day but for now this release is my loss.

Same happened to Fourtet

I'm liking it as well, obviously it's not as idiosyncratic as the previous # releases, but he's such a master of sound I'm enjoying how he's using these common tropes.

Archived