IGNORED

New countdown, new release? [Aphex Twin Warp Store]

Time Tourist

On 11/18/2019 at 1:16 PM, MIXL2 said:

I'm curious, do you guys actually rate syro and post syro stuff as his best work? (subjectively obv)

edit: or maybs better phrased: do u listen to his later work more than his earlier work? (I just wanna know if I rlly am a bit of an outlier in this respect).

My favourite stuff is generally the 1991-1994 era - SAW1&2, SOSW, Classics, AB3, On, Caustic Window. Probably always will be as that lo-fi analogue sound just ticks all the boxes for me, and it gets the most plays in general. But I listen to the recent stuff quite a bit (probably more than his dnb era), because there's lots of magic to be found that hasn't been dulled by hundreds of plays.

• Like 4

On 11/18/2019 at 1:16 PM, MIXL2 said:

I'm curious, do you guys actually rate syro and post syro stuff as his best work? (subjectively obv)

edit: or maybs better phrased: do u listen to his later work more than his earlier work? (I just wanna know if I rlly am a bit of an outlier in this respect).

I personally rate syro/post syro very highly. But to say its in any way comparable to other phases of releases would be chalk and cheese, its a very fresh approach to electronic music that has a huge amount of craftsmanship involved. I think the syro/late syro are simply bloody impressive, for completely different reasons to why druqks or SAW's are.

I do understand why some might not rate the later stuff so highly, it is a departure from the druqks era and definitely far from the early r&s/rephlex-y stuff, its all personal pref and i guess feeds from what you look for and enjoy about electronic music or just music in general.

xmas evet10 aint gonna to be a contemporary dancefloor banger like didgeridoo ? .  

• Like 2

13 minutes ago, DJ Latte said:

im in london today, what recordstores should i go to??

Phonica, sister ray and sounds of the universe are all Soho so it's a good place to start. Has bleep still got a pop up in Dalston too?

edit: apparently Bleep is closed sorry ?

Edited by donquixote

On 11/20/2019 at 9:41 AM, donquixote said:

Phonica, sister ray and sounds of the universe are all Soho so it's a good place to start. Has bleep still got a pop up in Dalston too?

edit: apparently Bleep is closed sorry ?

Thanks! Will check them out!

On 7/22/2017 at 3:12 AM, pissflaps said:

I wonder what "ALL Rephlex mate" means. It will include other artists that aren't afx?

TR 606 isn't even confirmed that it was Rich isn't it? I reckon it was rumored it was a collab with Mike, maybe even Grant was involved.

I would like love to see all the Rephlex discography on the shop, but since Rephlex artists now own the copyright of their music, they would need to ask every single person that was part of Rephlex, but it would be worth it as that site gets a lot of traffic and having it all there nicely ordered it's better than scattered across a ton of websites, and the artists would be able to make some revenue, again since Aphex Twin's site is going to get a lot more traffic than individual bandcamps set by each Rephlex artist. Or maybe a separate rephlex.warp.net site? With some unreleased stuff and so on. There were so many good records, I was just listening to Journey by TGP and feeling nostalgic. That was a nice song. I wonder where these guys are nowadays.

I'm glad RDJ didn't sign Boards of Canada to Rephlex, that would be a shit show now. Warp supports BOC with Blee, re-presses, merch, etc.

Or it coulda turned out like Squarepusher where he moved on to Warp but I feel like BOC woulda got lost in the mix back then.

15 minutes ago, hijexx said:

I'm glad RDJ didn't sign Boards of Canada to Rephlex, that would be a shit show now. Warp supports BOC with Blee, re-presses, merch, etc.

Or it coulda turned out like Squarepusher where he moved on to Warp but I feel like BOC woulda got lost in the mix back then.

Be lush if the aphex store did go like this tho. If he started to release new people's shit too. Like a weird little bandcamp site. 

• 2 weeks later...

Well ? me, soundclown sections have been removed as well as rephlex section too. Was so drooling for the field day ambient track + other gems. Damn. Silver lining though, I can still see/download my Rushup Edge purchase from my account.