IGNORED

Panda Bear - A Day with the Homies

jules

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 1 month later...

to the ep, its more electronic noisy distorted simple, not many samples or weird things going on rather very focused on beat & rythmn which does sounds amazing, sadly the vocals are a huge  let down for me they just dont seem to fit in and also sound very very cheesy

the bass on the rip I have is insane. I dont mind the vinyl only thing, but it is kind of silly considering the quality control is completely lost on how people will experience the music. that is pretty dumb.

I think that's the way it should be :)

I enjoy it way more when it's done this way as well. I've literally listened to a few albums where I skipped as many as 3-4 tracks because I already listened to the singles that were released, sometimes months in advance, so many times. Just give me like a 30 second teaser or some pictures or something.

Agree. The new Grizzly Bear was like that. One of the worst. The first 4 songs were out for months before the album. I dont get it. Anyway...

This EP is fantastic! It hits pretty hard. Def going to be cool to hear in a live setup. Part of the Math and Sunset are the two standouts after first run through. Def glad he is switching it up here, and no offense to Sonic Boom, but super glad for much simpler production.

if only there was some standardized version for anyone to buy (which would also support the artist and label even more)!!!!!

Panda and Domino are both wealthy enough that they can afford Trent Reznor-esque vinyl-only vanity projects

if only there was some standardized version for anyone to buy (which would also support the artist and label even more)!!!!!

Panda and Domino are both wealthy enough that they can afford Trent Reznor-esque vinyl-only vanity projects

yeah, I guess. screw the fans!

thankfully I don't give a fuck about panda man

man Id kill for a good sounding version of this. This rip makes Flaming Lips' Embryonic sound good. I really hope the real thing isnt this blown out and distorted.

I downloaded the rip because my vinyl doesn't arrive until next week. I think it's a strong EP. Flight is a standout for me. I'm curious to hear how the record compares to this rip, the whole thing sounds pretty off.

I received my record and can confirm that the rip does it no justice. Seems like the early rip was done hastily. 

I like this EP more and more every time i put it on. The best parts of it to me are the most subtle elements, i find his use of found sound and ambient noise really interesting. 

Archived