IGNORED

Your pointless thoughts & observations

Plum

3 minutes ago, yekker said:

I prefer canned salmon, not to sound elitist 

*raises pinky finger*

I've always wanted to use canned salmon but I can't find a brand that has one that is sans bones, can you recommend one or where you buy it? Cloverleaf or whatever here has bones in it (I just can't get past that even though they're edible there's this disgusting crunch that makes me yekkkkk all over lol). And the boneful stuff is $3.50 a can. =/

Just now, StephenG said:

I've always wanted to use canned salmon but I can't find a brand that has one that is sans bones, can you recommend one or where you buy it? Cloverleaf or whatever here has bones in it (I just can't get past that even though they're edible there's this disgusting crunch that makes me yekkkkk all over lol). And the boneful stuff is $3.50 a can. =/

Yep. It always has that stuff in it, you have to dissect it.

• Sad 1

Been detailed to a nothing job today that I don't really have the access or training for, no noticeable impact on the working day if I don't do it, and there's no managers in. I'd much rather be doing something 'proper' instead of killing time and wandering about. With the ever present fear of an email from management in the future if a colleague decides to grass me up.

Edited by hello spiral
if not of

One of my colleagues has lived in the UK for too long. He's Slovak and has been living in the UK for 12 years and in Germany for like 2 years. His German is like a 50/50 mix of German and English (due to the similarity of these two languages) but with a Slavic accent. In his head German and English are basically the same but with a slightly different pronunciation. It's fun to observe him talking to Germans who don't know much English. They usually have no idea what he's talking about but try to act like they understood everything. And his listening comprehension is like zero. So you basically observe two parties not understanding each other but trying to act as if they do, which is hilarious. It's so unproductive it's productive again. That's because everyone feels energized by the amusement this produces when those interactions are heard. And he's happy too, because he feels much more accepted here than in the UK. Maybe that all is because Germans are much more impolite than the British. It's one of those clichés that are true. So there is less acting friendly while being malign and so on, less dissimulation. Everyone here that was 10 by the fall of the Berlin wall is 40 now

I thought I was a semi good-looking guy until I got my new license. What is with the inevitability of the let down of the driver license photo? 

On 7/16/2019 at 6:52 PM, Zephyr_Nova said:

Just made one with green onion & fried ham, with cheese and fried ham fat flattened into the outer crust.  Definitely one of my better grilled cheese experiences (and I've had thousands, as it has the greatest satisfaction to prep time ratio of any dish out there).

almost the same here, i usually just do ham with the excessive amounts of cheese (combining cheese types is primo)

my dad does grilled cheese but with grape jelly in it too. not bad but still :blink:

• Like 1

On 7/20/2019 at 6:40 PM, marf said:

I thought I was a semi good-looking guy until I got my new license. What is with the inevitability of the let down of the driver license photo? 

Yeah my passport one is horrific. Serial killer mugshot

Edited by hello spiral

Whole dill pickles are the perfect snack. They're virtually zero calories and fill you up for a while.

• Like 1