IGNORED

Blerp - Albrum of the year Selek kek...

Psychotronic

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The only things I liked from this were The Kid and Reassemblage. I've not listened to everything, though none of that excites me enough to bother either.

blanck mass was incredibly lame, as was forest swords. boring checklist music.

there were better planet mu releases than jlin although i really enjoyed the record.

world building was better than poly-ana.

albums from 2017 that are possibly better than all those listed: dust, nutrition, hyper flux, where are we going, anguilla electronica

edit: oh yeah and the field day record lol no shit. but bleep can't sell that

so.. this is how bleep sells the rekkids they bought too much stock of?

Pretty much. It's a store. They're just trying to get you to spend a hundred bucks on leftover stock. Not much to discuss

I figured. 

Pretty much. It's a store. They're just trying to get you to spend a hundred bucks on leftover stock. Not much to discuss

I figured.

It says for all releases they have limited edition versions of each album printed up. Some with new artwork, coloured vinylz also some cassette copies I see.

So it's new stock they are looking to shift.

Not only have I not heard any of those albums on the list, I've not heard of a single artist on that list either.

EDIT: I tell a lie, I have heard of one of the artists, just had no idea they were under Warp. OH BOY.

Remember kids: "not only one of 2017's greatest albums, but surely one of the most important within electronic music this year as a whole."

Pretty good list imo...Well only heard about half of them but they were good! Might have to check out some of the others

But if were talking albums of 2017 the new Claro Intelecto needs more love, only came out few weeks back but strong contender for AOTY for me

I figured.

It says for all releases they have limited edition versions of each album printed up. Some with new artwork, coloured vinylz also some cassette copies I see.

the point is they're just trying to sell you stuff

I figured.

the point is they're just trying to sell you stuff

Nah, I thought they were arbitrarily picking shit as their "top 10" to sell off old stock but as fletch pointed out, if they're ltd editions and new material (sorry, not new "material" but new, physically produced items) it's not an arbitrary choice, they actually think those releases are worth it. I think its diff.

Which kinda makes it worse. 

Remember kids: "not only one of 2017's greatest albums, but surely one of the most important within electronic music this year as a whole."

lmao @ that record, the only good thing about it is the cover. The rest of it is literal Burial sample

haven't heard much of these releases but i got that photay and Jlin album, both awesome imo

best "electronic music" for me were John maus, thundercat and of course the afx extended field day lp, what a way to release a great album without having it get any attention

yeah it's pretty shit. Thanks warp for churning out some human feces, quite the label youve become.

yeah lol at how much over ratted this kelela album is.  can't wait to hear the warp 30 compilation in 2019 : kelela covering lonelady and things like that 

:facepalm:

Archived