IGNORED

Blerp - Albrum of the year Selek kek...

Psychotronic

Remember kids: "not only one of 2017's greatest albums, but surely one of the most important within electronic music this year as a whole."

lmao @ that record, the only good thing about it is the cover. The rest of it is literal Burial sample

Okay so LMK is a weak track, but the rest of the album is pretty good. Nothing like Burial imo but Burial is pretty shit/boring as fuck to me.

Still don't get the Jlin hype, might be that I don't listen to enough footwork stuff to compare to.

Same. A few tracks have been okay, but I do not get the hype. It all sounds like outtakes/demos to me really. Nothing feels complete or goes anywhere interesting besides just jarring/boring left turns occasionally.

• Replies 90
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I'm being pretty harsh, not trying to poo-poo on anyone's tastes. 

I shouldn't be surprised by the list anyway, 2015s list was fairly similar, 2016 I found bland, 2014 had some good picks.

tl;dr me and whoever picks the bleep list have very diff tastes I guess. ha

Still don't get the Jlin hype, might be that I don't listen to enough footwork stuff to compare to.

Are you me?

Good list except JLin which just didn't get to me. Also: this is the same stuff that they've been pushing hard marketingwise the entire year so it comes as no surprise that these ten end up in the final list. That doesn't discredit them though, they're still a store after all.

i think i'll end up w/the lee gamble release. sounds interesting on first pass. 

personally would've put some grischa lichtenberger on that list though ;)

did he release this year?

I think Kaitlyn Aurelia Smith is the only one I'd heard of before. Her track on Four Tet's album is ace but I found her own stuff kind of new-agey for my tastes when I listened to it a couple of months ago.

I've already listened quite a bit to most of this list throughout the year, well not kelala, not my cup of coffer. Anyway, nothing really terrible here, but my gawd, stuff is getting predictable in the bleep camp.

Remember kids: "not only one of 2017's greatest albums, but surely one of the most important within electronic music this year as a whole."

lmao @ that record, the only good thing about it is the cover. The rest of it is literal Burial sample

Okay so LMK is a weak track, but the rest of the album is pretty good. Nothing like Burial imo but Burial is pretty shit/boring as fuck to me.

Yeah this and the Alex Cortini thing were the only ones that stood out as releases I might listen to in their entirety.

The Brainwaltzera and Alessandro Cortini albums are indeed grand and in my 2017 top list too.
Kelela is the worst thing on their list ... commercial RNB on Warp? :shrug:   also didn't get the Jlin thing  :fail: 
but whatever :rolleyes:

Must say I'm getting into Brainwaltzera, I've only just started to listen because I was a bit wary of another cloak and dagger IDM artist being hyped (you know the script), but think maybe worthy of the praise. I haven't listened to Alessandro Cortini yet (even though I have all his other albums on cd or vinyl) and will do as soon as I get the time. I do think it's a bit of a lame list but I've never been that much into best albums of the year anyway. And though I love to slag off Boomkat, I do secretly look forward to their end of year picks, if I can summon the time and effort to investigate some of the stuff there is usually some gold to find.

Brainwaltzera is some beyond awful dogshit. It's not even 'The Room' entertainingly bad.

It's just fucking embarrassing to listen to. It's some fanboy doing paint-by-numbers idm.

I thought he just did paint-by-numbers afx but yesterday I listened to the album and realised he also did paint-by-numbers boc too.

If you're one of the people rating this album, and you're already acquainted with all the classic idm artists. Shame on you. Seriously.

Brainwaltzera is some beyond awful dogshit. It's not even 'The Room' entertainingly bad.

It's just fucking embarrassing to listen to. It's some fanboy doing paint-by-numbers idm.

I thought he just did paint-by-numbers afx but yesterday I listened to the album and realised he also did paint-by-numbers boc too.

If you're one of the people rating this album, and you're already acquainted with all the classic idm artists. Shame on you. Seriously.

agree to that

I have a feeling you could be right (maybe I'm getting soft in my middle age)

I'm more of a Bleep man than a Boomkat man, but as I said before those Boomkat dudes will release end of year lists with something worthwhile investigating. The Bleep is dull as ditch water *yawns*

We haven’t moved past telling people their opinion is wrong on here yet? I enjoyed this album, and while it wasn’t close to my albums of the year, it wasn’t “dogshit” either.

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.

My Grandfather smoked his whole life. I was about 10 years old when my mother said to him, 'If you ever want to see your grandchildren graduate, you have to stop immediately.'. Tears welled up in his eyes when he realized what exactly was at stake. He gave it up immediately. Three years later he died of lung cancer. It was really sad and destroyed me. My mother said to me- 'Don't ever smoke. Please don't put your family through what your Grandfather put us through." I agreed. At 28, I have never touched a cigarette. I must say, I feel a very slight sense of regret for never having done it, because your post gave me cancer anyway.
Topkek

Archived