IGNORED

Nils Frahm - All Melody (January 26th, 2018)

silentvision

Streaming at NPR

cover.jpg

01 The Whole Universe Wants to Be Touched

02 Sunson

03 A Place

04 My Friend the Forest

05 Human Range

06 Forever Changeless

07 All Melody

08 #2

09 Momentum

10 Fundamental Values

11 Kaleidoscope

12 Harm Hymn

In the process of completion, any album not only reveals what it has become but, maybe more importantly, what it hasn’t become. All Melody was imagined to be so many things over time and it has been a whole lot, but never exactly what I planned it to be. I wanted to hear beautiful drums, drums I’ve never seen or heard before, accompanied by human voices, girls, and boys. They would sing a song from this very world and it would sound like it was from a different space. I heard a synthesiser which sounds like a harmonium playing the All Melody, melting together with a line of a harmonium sounding like a synthesiser. My pipe organ would turn into a drum machine, while my drum machine would sound like an orchestra of breathy flutes. I would turn my piano into my very voice, and any voice into a ringing string. The music I hear inside me will never end up on a record, as it seems I can only play it for myself.

This record includes what I think sticks out and describes my recent musical discoveries in the best possible way I could imagine.

Available for purchase at https://www.erasedtapes.com/release/eratp106-nils-frahm-all-melody

• 4 weeks later...

pUT IT IN MY ASS NILS

the cd, the vinyl or his cock?

I think the latter would be more pleasing (just had a liquid lunch, beer, not manjizz)

The Great Gunu the mystic half-man magician/half wildebeast who lives in Dorney Wood with his bubbling cauldrons 

(I love watmm because its the only place I can post beer nonsense, anywhere else I hangout I'd get headbutted flol)

Edited by beerwolf

• 1 month later...

Undeniably lush moments here.

incredibly peaceful album, which is very welcome. The title track makes my palms sweaty

Every basic bitch I encounter on dating sites atm, the ones who state they 'love to laugh', go on about TRAVEL etc have Nils Frahm in their music likes.

I have never listened to him but I bet I know what it sounds like.

Every basic bitch I encounter on dating sites atm, the ones who state they 'love to laugh', go on about TRAVEL etc have Nils Frahm in their music likes.

Um a “basic bitch” liking Nils Frahm is not too basic.

Yeah I dunno a gal liking the same guy who is in Nonkeen would be an anti-red flag imo

I'm really curious about seeing everyone's basic bitch standards here. She said she loved RDJ but doesn't even know which Universal Indicator album he did.

Come to Berlin and we can go piss in his studio I know someone with the keys

Yeah I dunno a gal liking the same guy who is in Nonkeen would be an anti-red flag imo

I'm really curious about seeing everyone's basic bitch standards here. She said she loved RDJ but doesn't even know which Universal Indicator album he did.

i thought universal indicator was brainwaltzera

Yeah I dunno a gal liking the same guy who is in Nonkeen would be an anti-red flag imo

lol

“She likes SAW1 better than SAW2”

sign me up bae

Come to Berlin and we can go piss in his studio I know someone with the keys

Hehe  :emotawesomepm9:

Well in comparison to the earlier stuff or the Nonkeen collab this is a big let down for me, sounds like a big variation on one tune actually, that rarely goes anywhere exciting  :emb:

Yeah I dunno a gal liking the same guy who is in Nonkeen would be an anti-red flag imo

lol

“She likes SAW1 better than SAW2”

sign me up bae

that drake meme of him looking away - SAW 2

that drake meme of him pointing approvingly - SAW 1

• 1 year later...

Never heard of him. After all that experimental stuff, distortions, deconstructions etc etc, there is quite some need for this. Listened to "A place" and flew away... same thing goes for Khruangbin, just peace and love and beauty.

It's a gorgeous record, but the one-two of the title track and #2 almost derail it for me, both about eight minutes of a synth loop. It's all so dense and brilliantly arranged either side, but I get so fucking bored during those two. I'm not really a skipper, but they sometimes get the boot.

Yes, depending of the POV one could say there's something missing. Another thing is his use of hiss/noise, it's a bit too much at times. But well, the target audience which believe in "analog warmth" probably want this.

Not too much into pure piano music, but I love Chopin Nocturnes, or e.g. "Light of the Seven" from GoT.
I can totally feel the harmony... This one is awesome, but a bit offT here:

Edited by Guest

• 1 year later...