IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

@ auto - inner city British pubs are distilled ugliness, try one some time - noise, sti's, more drugs than any cunt could hoof up b4 shut-tap, prob a hen night will rock in at some point, then a crusty selling samosas.....we can hug together over pool, but then i'll have to kick yer ass cos COS I'M A POOL BUDDHA

Peterson doesnt care about the fall of the once reputable British drinking establishment/public house either, does he

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

maybe if a single person took the problem deadly seriously they could change the course of history?

There was a rich lawyer in New York that set himself aflame the other day to protest humans destroying Earth, and to atone for his own contributions to it or whatever. Maybe Peterson could follow that route?  :emotawesomepm9:

Jk, we all know he doesn't have that kind of personal conviction, I'm sure.

Anyway I don't think it mattered much. I personally thought it was too ego-driven to be meaningful, but at least the guy had some balls and obviously did show some passion. Who knows.

@ auto - inner city British pubs are distilled ugliness, try one some time - noise, sti's, more drugs than any cunt could hoof up b4 shut-tap, prob a hen night will rock in at some point, then a crusty selling samosas.....we can hug together over pool, but then i'll have to kick yer ass cos COS I'M A POOL BUDDHA

Peterson doesnt care about the fall of the once reputable British drinking establishment/public house either, does he

We have an equivalent here in the states, we call them "dive bars" and I don't go in them.  I'd take you up on your offer but I'm not allowed into the UK because my pug is a Nazi.

after viewing various presentations, the single thing he's had to contribute on climate change citing was a gofundme "entrepreneur" type who has invented a plastic scooper for the oceans

glad the whole future environmental meltdown tings have been sorted thru Peterson's powers of logic, faith in individualism & free market economic growth

yeah i'm not gettting what your point is here either. peterson isn't an environmental scientist and he's never attempted to solve for those problems. maybe translate to english for me since that's my native tongue.

nah, insipid cunt is your native tongue mate, you get that dont you? ok, lets rrrrrroll....

if there are increased environmental catastrophes for your grandchildren, what good is cleaning your own small & limited proverbial space/room?

a room isnt a county, or a region, or a nation, or a continent, is it? you get that dont you, insipid cunt? ok, lets roll on.....

surely cleaning the planet, rather than a room, should be the priority? but imagine banning fossil fuels, huge caps on air travel etc and the subsequent impingement on individual liberties espoused by Peterson for that to happen....the point is it wont & future generations will look back with horror at this individualist rhetoric which didnt achieve much beyond guaranteeing the inevitable

an entire nation, like Britain for example, could enact wholesale structural change to safeguard environmental concerns & it still wont be enough to cap temp rises

Peterson sums up the state of the world, platforming individual liberties, when we could have a 5-8 degree temp rise by 2100, which begs the question "what if those figures dont factor in worst case scenarios?"....2100 is a blink of an eye away

there are billions of people, but only 1 planet to live on.....do the fuckin maths genius, Aldous Huxley called it "Hypnopaedia" & Peterson is symptomatic of this

In his deconstruction of the book of Genesis he explains that in the Christian symbolic tradition, paradise is a walled garden. A garden must be cleaned & maintained. The idea that humanity has to take responsibility for keeping the planet clean/healthy, not pollute, and cut down waste as much as possible doesn't at all contradict anything he's said. All of that could be considered part of the "individual responsibility" that people have to take, as "individuals" include everyone from the average consumer to the EPA to the CEOs of mega-corporations.

I don't want to speak for CWMB but it seems like he's operating on assumptions from the various Buzzfeed-esque hit pieces that masquerade as journalism which intentionally paint Peterson as a right-wing fundamentalist, and then concluded this must mean Peterson believes humans should pollute because God said it's ok. It's similar to how those same blogger-activists paint him as an alt-right neo-Nazi despite there being hours of video footage of him denouncing right wing radicalism & identity politics.

Clean your room & do your homework.

Buzzfeed?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.....

see the above extrapolation for the genius Zaphod, cos the idea that i'm insinuating or misreading that God says its ok to pollute because of Peterson's Christian ideology is about 6 degrees of separation from the points made previously

nowhere does that include right-wing this or fundamentalist that, got me?

i doubt it, but by all means feel free to troll on with Buzzfeed references & projected insinuations, because you dont wanna speak for me after all even though you've already done that

Peterson's pull or attraction for young men is understandable, male suicides are at an all time high for those under 44yrs of age & its difficult separating the therapist from the ideologue....he's helped a lot of people improve their lives, but by excluding the impending environmental hazards from his rhetoric, he's missing humanity's greatest challenge yet and what kind of ideologue ignores environmental concerns over individual liberty when the costs for future generations are so high?

a fkn length, drunk on fame, thats who

i'd rather listen to this stud and his current projections for where humanity is heading, than Mr Muscle-Forehead & his choir of fan-bois

1635.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/26/were-doomed-mayer-hillman-on-the-climate-reality-no-one-else-will-dare-mention

what’s going on big guy?

@Salvatorin - Bye, Felicia.  Typical leftist tactic of dismissing an argument because of assumptions about the source rather than the content within.  I'd love to hear your refutation of the content of the video if you can drop your ego long enough to watch it.

Look mayne I appreciate what you do so I'm not trying to start a feud here, we all good, debate is good and I support rational discussion. I am not employing a leftist tactic, I am just frustrated by what appears to be an unstoppable growth of JBP's clout despite the multiple detailed criticisms and links to even more detailed criticisms of his writing, which is arguably chaotic, inconsistent and shallow. The fact that JBP is being elevated to a position of intellectual authority on various issues is mind boggling to me.

And as for him revivifying western civilization, I'd say that legitimizing reactionary conservative behavior is not par for the course. I honestly think his appeal can be boiled down to the basic authoritarian disgust for cultural change, "degeneracy", and such. And for the other posters bringing it up, lemme say that claiming that JBP is a charlatan ≠ ignoring male suicide rates and the growing crisis of alienated people in north america. That is a rhetorical fallacy.

As for PragerU, it is the fucking definition of propaganda, and I can expound upon that later.

if you're genuinely curious about Peterson's actual views on environmentalism, in his deconstruction of the Adam & Eve story in Genesis he explicitly makes a case for taking care of the environment when he unfolds the symbolism behind the walled garden of paradise.  Your claim that he hasn't addressed this at all is actually inaccurate.

in a video zaphod posted a while back one can find peterson's response to the issue of climate change:

"what should i say about climate change? did you drive here?"

interviewer: no i didn't

"how'd you get here?"

i took public transport

"ok well, you know..."

that's hardly the point

"well no it is the point. it is the point bc part of the problem of climate change is irreducible complexity. it's like, ya know, we..we..there's a cost to our existence and the cost is externalization, externalization of cost, and we don't know how to manage that. and i would say should we be concerned about that? it's like yeah, absolutely. do we know how to be concerned about it? not really."

so then how do we learn?

[...] "i think your bedroom is important. your bedroom is a microcosm of the planet."

[he gives an example of a guy he knows who developed a way to potentially reduce ocean plastic]

"i don't know if his room was clean or not but there was something about him that was dead on bc when he looked at a problem he thought 'i'm not going to go out there and tell a bunch of other people what they're doing wrong so that they can solve it, i'm gonna bloody well fix it.' and that's what i'm telling young men in particular to do. although if women want to do that it's like great more power to them. but, ya know people say 'well i'm taking climate change seriously. i'm going out to protests.' it's like, you're not taking it seriously, that's not serious. serious is: you're gonna devote 80 hours of your life to it for the rest of your life. you're gonna focus on it so intently that's you're not even gonna think about anything else. like, that's serious."

just in case some one wanted an example of non-biblical argumentation about climate change from peterson. 

We're cool, Salvo.  There's just a big part of me that's stuck in "old WATMM" (which was all shitposting all the time) that I have to actively make an effort to turn off when I want to make real points.  I'll openly acknowledge that PragerU was founded by a right-wing thinker to counter left-wing narratives.  I'd still love to hear you explain why the content of the video was wrong, though.

after viewing various presentations, the single thing he's had to contribute on climate change citing was a gofundme "entrepreneur" type who has invented a plastic scooper for the oceans

glad the whole future environmental meltdown tings have been sorted thru Peterson's powers of logic, faith in individualism & free market economic growth

yeah i'm not gettting what your point is here either. peterson isn't an environmental scientist and he's never attempted to solve for those problems. maybe translate to english for me since that's my native tongue.

nah, insipid cunt is your native tongue mate, you get that dont you? ok, lets rrrrrroll....

if there are increased environmental catastrophes for your grandchildren, what good is cleaning your own small & limited proverbial space/room?

a room isnt a county, or a region, or a nation, or a continent, is it? you get that dont you, insipid cunt? ok, lets roll on.....

surely cleaning the planet, rather than a room, should be the priority? but imagine banning fossil fuels, huge caps on air travel etc and the subsequent impingement on individual liberties espoused by Peterson for that to happen....the point is it wont & future generations will look back with horror at this individualist rhetoric which didnt achieve much beyond guaranteeing the inevitable

an entire nation, like Britain for example, could enact wholesale structural change to safeguard environmental concerns & it still wont be enough to cap temp rises

Peterson sums up the state of the world, platforming individual liberties, when we could have a 5-8 degree temp rise by 2100, which begs the question "what if those figures dont factor in worst case scenarios?"....2100 is a blink of an eye away

there are billions of people, but only 1 planet to live on.....do the fuckin maths genius, Aldous Huxley called it "Hypnopaedia" & Peterson is symptomatic of this

In his deconstruction of the book of Genesis he explains that in the Christian symbolic tradition, paradise is a walled garden. A garden must be cleaned & maintained. The idea that humanity has to take responsibility for keeping the planet clean/healthy, not pollute, and cut down waste as much as possible doesn't at all contradict anything he's said. All of that could be considered part of the "individual responsibility" that people have to take, as "individuals" include everyone from the average consumer to the EPA to the CEOs of mega-corporations.

I don't want to speak for CWMB but it seems like he's operating on assumptions from the various Buzzfeed-esque hit pieces that masquerade as journalism which intentionally paint Peterson as a right-wing fundamentalist, and then concluded this must mean Peterson believes humans should pollute because God said it's ok. It's similar to how those same blogger-activists paint him as an alt-right neo-Nazi despite there being hours of video footage of him denouncing right wing radicalism & identity politics.

Clean your room & do your homework.

Buzzfeed?

Maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan.....

see the above extrapolation for the genius Zaphod, cos the idea that i'm insinuating or misreading that God says its ok to pollute because of Peterson's Christian ideology is about 6 degrees of separation from the points made previously

nowhere does that include right-wing this or fundamentalist that, got me?

i doubt it, but by all means feel free to troll on with Buzzfeed references & projected insinuations, because you dont wanna speak for me after all even though you've already done that

Peterson's pull or attraction for young men is understandable, male suicides are at an all time high for those under 44yrs of age & its difficult separating the therapist from the ideologue....he's helped a lot of people improve their lives, but by excluding the impending environmental hazards from his rhetoric, he's missing humanity's greatest challenge yet and what kind of ideologue ignores environmental concerns over individual liberty when the costs for future generations are so high?

a fkn length, drunk on fame, thats who

i'd rather listen to this stud and his current projections for where humanity is heading, than Mr Muscle-Forehead & his choir of fan-bois

1635.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&f

https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2018/apr/26/were-doomed-mayer-hillman-on-the-climate-reality-no-one-else-will-dare-mention

what’s going on big guy?

I refer the hon. Gentleman insipid cunt to the reply that I gave some moments ago

why aren't you in the nts thread lambasting ae for not doing more to draw attention to the climate crisis, m8?

That thread is way too autistic even for me, i mean, have you actually witnessed the levels of ejaculate being expunged? T'would give new gravitas to the phrase "throwing in the towel"...

Besides, you can type "lol" again now, just for the rrrrrrush, cos i feels the desire to rrrrrrush is strong in you. Peterson prob has a remedy for that too involving a hoover & some anti-bacterial wipes. Imagine him naked, with a Dyson, rubber gloved, glistening in anti-bacterial wipe residue & finally, finally, you can be clean.

what I have learned from the last page is that cwmbran lacks reading comprehension.

He did just get a tooth out or something though, to be fair. So he could be drugged up to the eyeballs.

what I have learned from the last page is that cwmbran lacks reading comprehension.

He did just get a tooth out or something though, to be fair. So he could be drugged up to the eyeballs.

I might just start posting nu metal on the house thread again so he gets it all out of his system

and so it begins, Mr Lobster Theremin t-shirt & THE Span crawl out of the bowels of Peterson's anal cyst, break through the calcified crust & yell "f e m a l e s? Hipster House?"

nuffink but love for my herpetic homies

where?

be specific

shit throwing only gets you so far these days or have you some dross 4/4 bilge to unload on us all

and my drugs are yuge, so good, they said "that cunt Spiral is giving it large & yer just gonna wait for your lift thats already late toooooooo?"

and i said "yes dugs, sorry drugs, him & THE Span ARE picking on me again, *sad-wank*, what should we do?"

and they said "its ok, he works in rehabilitating criminals & shit, changes lives pho realzest, just like JBP, BUT he's a sly one and you should hurt him pwoper naughtee, like Danny Dyer would in The Football Factory filem...."

and i said "hurt him, what, through the fuckin internet? I could never do such a thing"

and they said "yes....him and THE Span too...."

and i said "how?"

and they said "like this..............waive your finger like Dennis Skinner"

and i said "you fuckin WHAT?"

and they said "you know Dennis Skinner, he NEVER bought into hipster House bs, and he's from THE NORTH.......LOOK"

camereomn-dodgy.jpg

and i said "far out, maaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaan"

Jesus. There is so much ballast and basically no relevant argument when talking about JP or his work all over web, or here on watmm. People that basically have no idea what he is saying are getting triggered by keywords like some 12-year olds. Taking things out of context is the least crime unfortunately. It all seems like a medieval witch hunt, because JP is rocking the boat, and suddenly everyone is an inquisitor simply because they fail to grasp the content instead taking it in as a reasonable and progressive human being. Or even, because they simply don't like what he is saying, be it because it penetrates the warm cocoon of self-victimizing or because it challenges established intellectual (academic) norms.

What JP is saying is no novelty. He only collated information dispersed over history and academic fields, at the right time, and with a language that can be comprehended by many if they only wish so. I'm not so surprised if he poked at the academic and political hornet nest as much as people in general being so blatantly hostile and ignorant towards him without any substantial arguments only means we're back in the dark ages (or never really left).

I don't understand why "cleaning your room" became such a meme, besides when talking to 12-year old football jocks and jersey shore hoes that laugh at penis jokes. It is basically the fundamental principle or earning a right to be a contributing citizen or an activist, or simply trying to get your own life sorted out. It's figurative, mainly. Of course it implies that your room should be clean, but more than that it implies that competence is earned through discipline, and that social structures such as the current one have (or should have) a sort of prerequisite, because if not, we get what we have today, a complete hubris and devaluation of political and social discussions, with complete omission of the key problems that should be addressed, or bringing in some fringe cases to establish a suddenly relevant argument that should never be under the spot light.

JP's arguments are in no way to be taken as a self-contained wisdom. There should be intellectuals of similar caliber from other fields involved to establish a debate on a higher level that will eventually trickle down to lower levels of implementation or particular application. Instead, this witch hunt is trying to isolate him and steer the conversation towards nit-picking and sheer noise in order to slow down the natural development of discussion that would definitely otherwise occur.

My stance has changed on him over the course of a few days. Ideology aside, I still have my qualms about how he relies on straw-man arguments and always cherry-picks studies that fit with his reasoning and doesn't adequately address the criticisms that can be found with those studies (i.e. the average IQ increasing each generation, problems inherent in the Jungian approach (he might as well just as rely on Freud), etc...) The guy is no different than Rhonda Byrne when she wrote that narcissistic self-help book "The Secret", just a different form of pseudoscience (Quimby vs. Jung). Both books state the same message, that you have to take responsibility and that the world will adjust to you when you make those changes.

JCDFFWW.png

This is NOT science... This doesn't explain anything and this would of been laughed out of a humanities department in a sane world. It belongs in one of those Christian Museums that disproves that dinosaurs existed. It's so vague that Peterson can make up whatever he wants to make his point about it.

However, if he is able to attract incels and defuses them from committing acts of terror then maybe he is doing some good...

Archived