IGNORED

jordan peterson

zaphod

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm told you delete all the comments saying it's a freeform track. Really weird behaviour.

What kind of satisfaction or pleasure do you gain from this?

Time for some psychoanalysis.

Jordan_Peterson_Jan._2018_interview_810_

lol@jordan

well this is exactly what i am after. doing something that makes no sense and induces a feeling of weirdness. spreading wrong information, hacking truth, while slightly annoying others a bit is what floats my boat. listen to my music, it's same in musical form. it's like an odd time signature in reality u know. i wish more people would do same, it's a mission. but in fact all i want are some nice words of encouragement by a father figure and a bigger dick

fucking lol, jfc

ofc you're German

/r/iam14andthisisdeep

I wonder how limpy feels about JP now....this was all pre-the trans scandal. He was that way inclined was he not?

people on this forum shouldn't have bullied him away then he could tell u

people on this forum should be more tolerant toward shitposting in general in my personal opinion

One person's bullying is another's shitposting

Sometimes, but it can't be a "shitpost" if it's not a post.

Last night I tidied my room and today when I came home from work this evening I felt less annoyed about the fucking state of my room so .... I think this Peterson guy is onto something

Last night I tidied my room and today when I came home from work this evening I felt less annoyed about the fucking state of my room so .... I think this Peterson guy is onto something

yo, admiral mcraven says so too, make your bed so if you had a bad day, at least you have a clean well made bed to lay and cry yourself to sleep

reply no. 975

JP seems to think that impressionable young students should be cleaning their room instead of focusing on big important issues. They don't know anything yet, so just clean your life up and ignore the political shitshow. Impressionable young students are his target market for fucks sake. Also, his rhetoric is meant to make people docile and feel proud of it, like cleaning your room is more important than standing up to the NRA after your school gets shot up.

I think you're making stuff up, I've never seen him say anything against activism and protest, he seems very in favor of it.

taking a look at the video zaphod posted a few pages back, you can see he's very clearly against activism. (i don't recommend watching it, it's genuinely embarrassing)

he says he has "not slight" derision for activists who he claims "pretend to care" about social justice but "don't really care." he does not explain how he is able to know whether people "really care" and he employs his derision arbitrarily and without meaningful distinction as it serves his purpose -- if he likes it, it's good and "serious," if he doesn't like it, it's bad and "not serious." there's no explanation for this distinction. his claim is that 18 years olds don't know anything so they must first learn and take care of their own immediate lives before trying to change the world ("if you can't make your damn bed quit waving placards at corporations."). again, he does not explain at all why he discounts social organizing and activisms as pedagogical environments, it's just implicit in his diatribe. tellingly, his single example of "serious" activism is about some one who derived a way to reduce plastic waste, but he says as an aside "i don't know if his room was clean or not," evidently unaware that this discredits his entire premise.

i can't even fuck with this thread anymore though. it's extremely boring to see people ignore or radically downplay his clownish antics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sxGsTH818

JP seems to think that impressionable young students should be cleaning their room instead of focusing on big important issues. They don't know anything yet, so just clean your life up and ignore the political shitshow. Impressionable young students are his target market for fucks sake. Also, his rhetoric is meant to make people docile and feel proud of it, like cleaning your room is more important than standing up to the NRA after your school gets shot up.

I think you're making stuff up, I've never seen him say anything against activism and protest, he seems very in favor of it.
taking a look at the video zaphod posted a few pages back, you can see he's very clearly against activism. (i don't recommend watching it, it's genuinely embarrassing)

he says he has "not slight" derision for activists who he claims "pretend to care" about social justice but "don't really care." he does not explain how he is able to know whether people "really care" and he employs his derision arbitrarily and without meaningful distinction as it serves his purpose -- if he likes it, it's good and "serious," if he doesn't like it, it's bad and "not serious." there's no explanation for this distinction. his claim is that 18 years olds don't know anything so they must first learn and take care of their own immediate lives before trying to change the world ("if you can't make your damn bed quit waving placards at corporations."). again, he does not explain at all why he discounts social organizing and activisms as pedagogical environments, it's just implicit in his diatribe. tellingly, his single example of "serious" activism is about some one who derived a way to reduce plastic waste, but he says as an aside "i don't know if his room was clean or not," evidently unaware that this discredits his entire premise.

i can't even fuck with this thread anymore though. it's extremely boring to see people ignore or radically downplay his clownish antics.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b9sxGsTH818

I really don’t get it, what do you think this adds to the discussion? can’t you at least make the effort to comment?

“it’s like, when did protest become a profession? it’s a pathological hangover from the 1960s.” HUGE APPLAUSE wow can’t believe this guy is speaking this bold and courageous truth.

He’s protesting “cultural Marxism” which doesn’t exist. Shame on all those people protesting real issues, eh?

He’s protesting “cultural Marxism” which doesn’t exist. Shame on all those people protesting real issues, eh?

perhaps not where you live, and id argue that inequality in the sense that has been protested against peterson is the non existent issue.

i guess we disagree

The following information I post without any intent other than to put the information out there:

As of January 2018, Peterson had over 723 thousand subscribers and 38 million views on YouTube, over 407 thousand followers on Twitter, over 160 thousand likes on Facebook, and over 7,500 donors on Patreon[5] (generating an estimated $81,900 per month or $982,800 per year gross).

[note 2 - Peterson hid his income on his Patreon. When it was last public, on October 21, 2017, Peterson made $66,636.40 per month with 6099 patrons. Let us assume that Peterson's patrons have continued paying the same per-capita amounts. If so, then Peterson's 7,500 patrons should net him $81,900 per month.]

The numbers since January have gone up to 987,367 subscribers and 47,959,944 views on youtube, 574,189 followers on twitter, 230,998 likes and 250,063 followers on facebook, and 9,089 donors on patreon. I think that means he currently is raising approximately $1,195,385 per year on patreon. (And I'd suggest you take a look at what he's offering for donors...it's tied into a for-profit website called selfauthoring.com)

Just throwin' these numbers out there...

I may have done that math wrong but I think that means that in the last 84 days,

he got roughly

~3142 new youtube subscribers per day

~119,000 youtube views per day

~1988 new twitter followers per day

~845 new facebook likes per day

~19 new donors on patreon per day

inderdasting

The following information I post without any intent other than to put the information out there:

As of January 2018, Peterson had over 723 thousand subscribers and 38 million views on YouTube, over 407 thousand followers on Twitter, over 160 thousand likes on Facebook, and over 7,500 donors on Patreon[5] (generating an estimated $81,900 per month or $982,800 per year gross).

[note 2 - Peterson hid his income on his Patreon. When it was last public, on October 21, 2017, Peterson made $66,636.40 per month with 6099 patrons. Let us assume that Peterson's patrons have continued paying the same per-capita amounts. If so, then Peterson's 7,500 patrons should net him $81,900 per month.]

The numbers since January have gone up to 987,367 subscribers and 47,959,944 views on youtube, 574,189 followers on twitter, 230,998 likes and 250,063 followers on facebook, and 9,089 donors on patreon. I think that means he currently is raising approximately $1,195,385 per year on patreon. (And I'd suggest you take a look at what he's offering for donors...it's tied into a for-profit website called selfauthoring.com)

Just throwin' these numbers out there...

holy shit he's making money?! more money than me? from people willingly giving it to him and gaining recognition off his unmomitized YouTube channel? it's outrageous.. he should give that money to me! capitalism must fall!!

point is, there's a clear self-interest there for him which he has tried to hide/deflect. his earlier defense that he posts stuff online for free or whatever means nothing in the face of those numbers.

Archived