IGNORED

XOR Gate (a.k.a. Gerald Donald) - Conic Sections

wahnfried

Themes? Synthless beatscapes? You know, Speedy J once said it was more difficult to make a good techno track than to do an ambient/idm track.

Gerald used to kick electro ass. I miss the ol' Ger. :(

Themes? Synthless beatscapes? You know, Speedy J once said it was more difficult to make a good techno track than to do an ambient/idm track.

Gerald used to kick electro ass. I miss the ol' Ger. :(

me too, I don't like changes 

also, sorry for off topic, but has this found a release yet?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Aahh, the title and track list are making me have flashbacks from the analytic geometry classes. Jesus.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Nothing particularly surprising here if youre familiar with Donalds more recent work as Dopplereffekt and Der Zyklus. But he's slightly dialled down the fog and crackles this time and focused more on those kind of pristine retro-futurist arpeggios that dominate the later half of Linear Accelerator.

It feels somewhat of a lesser work due to its short running time, and its origins as an installation piece but there are lots of gems here particularly if youre a fan of his prettier ambient stuff. Kinda annoying that its just one long track on Spotify, there are sections in it there really bear repeating.

it’s just metaphors / vague concepts imo

I'm guilty of it too, I read about something and think it's ok to name a song after a concept without pertaining to the actual song. But I'm always disappointed when the IDM type stuff doesn't actually reflect/involve a concept in its composition. Admits double standard about this, but yeah some of my tracks actually DO involve the concept. "Modular Sedenion Tracks whatever-whatever"

Archived