Sign in to follow this  
modey

Digitone

Same boat.

I love the small Elektron form factor with the mechnical keyboard like buttons, but I think I'll wait for a Digitakt mk2.

Still waiting for mine to ship. Hopefully soon. :catnope:

Getting a little more involved with patches, mainly through modifying the LFO.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-dyer/digitone-jam-02

The next step is get more familiar with conditional trigs and build some randomness into each track.

Getting a little more involved with patches, mainly through modifying the LFO.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-dyer/digitone-jam-02

The next step is get more familiar with conditional trigs and build some randomness into each track.

really nice stuff! love the sound of the metallic percussion.

the digitone has really impressed me with its sound quality based on what i've heard. i like how it has its own sonic identity different from the monomachine. even tho the mono can also do fm, it sounds completely different to this.

when elektron releases their next full-size digital synth, its going to be fantastic.

its a really powerful machine for running sequences through modular, im finding. hitting the unusual creeping rhythmic sweet spots in clouds is like slicing through butter by adding conditional trigs to midi trigs. 

Made a single patch that looped really nicely, so I recorded it for 10 minutes.

https://soundcloud.com/colin-dyer/digitone-ambient-patch-01

It glitched out on me at the end, though. I think I hit stop at the exact same time a trig was hit so there's this feedback swell that happens that was not intended.

^ this is really good!

Thanks mate. I gotta admit i'm finding it hard to reign this monster in. I have a bunch of others i'll try to record and upload over the next few days. 

^ this is really good!

^ pls do

Here is a recording I made on the digitone ... edited down slightly in cubase :

https://soundcloud.com/user-507726405/dto1

Getting some really good sounds out of it! The higher melodies and quieter stuff is really good, but just in general, sounds like you're taking it in a good direction. I'm not big on much of the drum sounds I've heard from the Digitone but I think some of the percussion was working pretty well. Is the reverb/delay all from in the machine? It occasionally sounded a little wonky or almost cheap...not bad, just, not what I was expecting I guess? Maybe was just the settings at the moment (wasn't much that struck me that way).

Auxien, yeah everything is in the box . I get what you mean about the reverb as some of the settings on some of the patterns are a bit naff. I need to look into it but I think you can't automate the FX themselves just the sends (unlike other elektrons )...

I have just been playing with this box on its own but pretty keen to incorporate it into the rest of the set up soon .. thinking some live octatrack mangling could go well ... might just start some new patterns though instead of re working this

There's definitely some good stuff in what you posted but it seems like you're just scratching the surface. I'm sure it'll be great as part of a setup, seems ideal for it (though obviously capable of much on its own).

I'm sure you've gotta be able to automate the effects parameters, hadn't heard anyone say otherwise... but I haven't paid too much attention to it since launch really. Keep it up dude, curious to hear where you end up taking it.

Mmm , on the digitone the fx are set per pattern meaning all the tracks are sent to the same reverb (like the A4) but unlike the OT. I can easily plock the filter, synth engine and fx sends but don't appear to be affecting the actual fx settings per step .. will have to have another dig when I get home but I believe the digitakt is the same (unlike the A4 that has its own track for step sequencing the fx parameters) .. might just be me and I'm retarded.

The effects can be controlled if you use MIDI loopback and control them via the MIDI tracks, apparently. There are some crashing/freezing issues when double tapping the stop button, but other than that, I've heard it's pretty good. I might have to give it a try this weekend!

Great track btw! I need to start getting into more non-tonal stuff with it, everything I've made on it so far has been lush haha. I need to get some Hizmi style hard tech happening!

Edited by modey

Ahh yes i forgot about the midi thing. Seems unnecessary!

I'm keen to get the digitone into the rest of the setup but i haven't look into whether or not it has the same bug that the digitakt has/had when it wouldn't change programs in sync with other instruments. If thats the case it'll be annoying as all hell.

I should try to do some lush stuff with it ... might look at that next.

I'm pretty keen to get it and the octatrack working together

I think the program change bug got fixed with the 1.02 update. I don't use program changes though so I haven't tried it.

Ah yeah, I've never really paired any of my Elektron gear. I really should, I think the Digitone and Octatrack would go together well.

Here is another solo digitone:

https://soundcloud.com/user-507726405/dto2

Re: mixing gear elektron gear... i have my devices running into a mixer that i can send a bus into the octatrack for live sampling... very handy for destroying a song you've just made

Ta guys i'll try to get this last one up in the next few days but finding a spare hour is hard in my house right now! Be wary of second child.

Very nice sounds!