IGNORED

AE LIVE ‘08 - post replica submissions here

Dale

Revised a bit. I am not sure about the avatar images but I tried to handle them a little more subtly than in the big quari squares. As far as having watmm in there, I think the "this doesn't sound like autechre..."  bit is a little more of a nod or reference to an inside watmm joke vs putting the actual letters in there. But I am open obviously to the consensus of the group.

1971408403_aequari-01.thumb.png.e2e5055b82819e0e9f8a7e153b6538fe.png

Edited by jules
  • Like 4
  • Thanks 1

good job with the avatars, i think that works well (jules, not xox you dork lol) but the text seems too much like it is. not sure a solution but i think that’s all busied up a bit too much imo.

looking really great overall tho!

you think there is too much text? Maybe it was too large. Revised...

edit: Also revised the date section to be more in line with the tour poster from then.

863477004_aequari-01.thumb.png.1477cdb815a4aafa18c7804d00d66e20.png

Edited by jules
  • Like 8

that breaks it up much better imo! different weighting or size with the underlined sections vs not-underlined, all helps to clear it up.

the great art’s getting me hyped for the tunes, re-listened to the set again a couple days ago, gonna be awesome to hear it recreated. ?

22 hours ago, Draft78 said:

Considering that the work of digit and ios was done on material directly granted by autechre, I believe that the graphics should be as sober as possible, even if the temptation to play with facts inherent in watmm is high. However, it could be right that Ios and Digit appear with their real names: this is something that will have a significant following around the world, and will remain over time as an appendix to the Ae discography, not just as a bootleg: isn't it limiting that their work remain linked to the self-referentiality of the forum?

I agree.

• Thanks 1

Do y'all want the barcode to output actual information? If yes, what?

I work with this shit every day and can easily encode a string in there that any basic 1D barcode scanner can grab. Shit, I can get you a 2D one, but this isn't EXAI related.

10 hours ago, xyrofen said:

Do y'all want the barcode to output actual information? If yes, what?

I work with this shit every day and can easily encode a string in there that any basic 1D barcode scanner can grab. Shit, I can get you a 2D one, but this isn't EXAI related.

I think a link to watmm might be cool

8 hours ago, natios said:

watmm link probably?

also what do you think about changing the colors so its not a digital ep cover rip off? lol

I was thinking that too. The color palette is black, white, grey and that blue. The tour posters from that era were blue. I did a black version that might be cool but I do really like the blue. The grey is too much like the versions album imo. I can post the black one later or tomorrow to see what everyone thinks. How is everyone feeling about the avatars? I kinda don’t think they should be in there, personally. 

wetransfer for sure, and hopefully here on watmm as well. I had tried with the incomplete replica a few months ago, but it wouldn't upload here. Will try again

23 hours ago, jules said:

edit: Also revised the date section to be more in line with the tour poster from then.

what were the posters like for that tour? not sure i've seen them

6 minutes ago, jules said:

Black version. I think I prefer the blue...

blue looks 1000x better yeah

I don’t think the avatars look right aesthetically, but I do think the code should credit IOS & digit somehow. Could link to this thread. Or use two codes and link to their profile pages or whatever they’d like individually.  Just a thought. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, baph said:

I don’t think the avatars look right aesthetically, but I do think the code should credit IOS & digit somehow. Could link to this thread. Or use two codes and link to their profile pages or whatever they’d like individually.  Just a thought. 

the barcode could lead to a page (somehow connected to WATMM) with credits - this at the discretion of Ios and Digit - and the story behind it all, a link to download the set and, how it was been proposed, a reference for a donation.
Speaking, I am quick, unfortunately the technology has an idiosyncrasy against me, and if I tried to do such a thing, the monitor would explode in my face to punish my arrogant optimism

Edited by Draft78
  • Like 6

17 minutes ago, natios said:

the orange one is dope, for some reason i’m imagining a yellowish lime green

the orange version is the negative of the original; the idea of negative was for a graphic strictly connected to quaristice (therefore not colors chosen arbitrarily), but clearly distinguished from the official releases. There could also be a latent meaning: if the 08 live is the result of impromptu moves, the reconstruction is the extreme effort to replicate them methodically. The negative is the only idea that came to my mind to visually represent an opposite.
I don't mind the result, but I don't know what I prefer ... I associate quaristice with blue, and the graphics of the promotional flayer of the tour is certainly a consistent choice

• Like 3