BCM

It's narrowing down now, May's deal is very likely to be rejected again. So we're probably looking at an Article 50 extension (and reasonable chance of a 2nd ref after that) or no deal.

Who would you pick to be PM?

It's narrowing down now, May's deal is very likely to be rejected again. So we're probably looking at an Article 50 extension (and reasonable chance of a 2nd ref after that) or no deal.

None of them.

This is the main reason I voted Remain - I didn't believe our political system would be agile enough to pull off a "satisfactory" Brexit (whatever that is).  Even though I saw some positives from leaving the EU, the potential FUDGE outweighed it all.

And here they are, 2.5 years later, heckling and hollering at each other and having to work late because nothing has been sorted.  I have close to zero support for our current political climate and the parties that sit among it.

Time for some big change - although if that means another ref and staying put for the time being then sure.

so, if i still understand what's going on, of the three options (may deal; hard brexit; remain) the may deal is killed and it's either a hard brexit or a giant nothingburger. or in other words: a nothingburger. jezus christ.

What do you think of Jacob Rees Mogg? Back to the 1870s or what?

well I certainly would...

_102848344_hi048029854.jpg

......like to smash him in the face with a large chair. elitist piece of crap.

they should make an extension and revote on the issue. eat some crow and fess up to the big lie. i doubt that'll happen because it never does but wtf a hard brexit is gonna be a tough one all around. 

the fact it's taken a proven Blair disciple like Yvette Cooper to factor in removing no deal as a parliamentary option says it all

peak voter apathy was reached under B.Liar, now we have the ultimate ongoing Tory gimpfest & an opposition that's never seemed more inept

imho it's blowback for indulging in numerous post 9-11 foreign policy failings - regime change & the Iraq war, countless failings in Syria, the monstrous recoil from a subsequent migration crisis where the optimum response is to pull up the proverbial draw-bridge rather than offer humanitarian aid.....more bombing was a-ok doe

the independent cohort can't seem to achieve much beyond a collective sulk, but they're all cunts....we get the politicians & the outcomes we deserve in this instance

Well none of them obviously, but some MPs that I kind of respect are the likes of Vince Cable, Hilary Benn, Chuka Umunna, Yvette Cooper, hell even Anna Soubry's not too bad.

If this turns out to be a giant nothingburger, i propose that the brits have a two year shut-up period in the EU. A complete shut-up in the various EU commissions and parliaments, and what not. Time for some serious reflection. Sick of the bullshit, quite honestly. What a total waste.

First Time I've ever commented on this subject as a Yank. Never even been there.  Kind of foreign to me. But watching from here it seems the referendum was put forth with little time and public education about what it actually meant. So it seems to me the British public voted for a hard Brexit and the MPs are trying to finagle this thing into a quasi remain. 

One thing that sticks out is the tremendous leverage Ireland ad Norther Ireland now have against Britain. They could serve as a proxy for all the economic woes that come with Brexit. 

Im sure it is way more complicated than this. 

Edited by marf

First Time I've ever commented on this subject as a Yank. Never even been there.  Kind of foreign to me. But watching from here it seems the referendum was put forth with little time and public education about what it actually meant. 

Yes!

So it seems to me the British public voted for a hard Brexit and the MPs are trying to finagle this thing into a quasi remain.  

No!

(they didn't know, or there wasn't a agreed upon notion on what they voted for...as we currently can witness)

One thing that sticks out is the tremendous leverage Ireland ad Norther Ireland now have against Britain. They could serve as a proxy for all the economic woes that come with Brexit. 

Im sure it is way more complicated than this. 

Lots of history here. Which I'm sure you prolly already know.

(they didn't know, or there wasn't a agreed upon notion on what they voted for...as we currently can witness)

We know exactly why they voted to leave - "To get them foreigners out, stealing our jobs, you can't even say chinky nowadays without someone phoning the political correctness police. Not that the police even do anything nowadays in case it offends the muslims"

hqdefault.jpg

Who started this referendum? Maybe the lack of information to the general public was by design. With the facts the public was presented with they voted hard Brexit. The rest of the mountains of debate came later

Who started this referendum? Maybe the lack of information to the general public was by design. With the facts the public was presented with they voted hard Brexit. The rest of the mountains of debate came later

Cameron-637469.jpg

There are plenty of leavers in the Tory party too. I post this speech of Daniel Hannan vs Gordon Brown because Nigel Farage tried to copy it:

They need a second referendum. Now that people are properly informed.

Im guessing it's like over here. Immigrants. British identity. Back to the idyllic 50's. Just like here. People don't understand economics.. Even economists don't really understand it. It's a butterfly effect. Try explaining that minutia to a common everyday laborer. Bumper sticker politics, sadly works. 

Maybe riots. Maybe picketing for a second referendum would work . Protests have worked.

This is all connected. The  Rupert Murdoch crowd, man. I know it. 

Ive seen some people comment on hard Brexit. They want it. They see Britain giving 34 billion to the EU.  There must be more to it than we are just giving our money away. Tell them.

Also, Some English kid said to me that Britain has to answer to Brussels. Like it's some take over. Obviously his parents opinion, He was only 13. 

Edited by marf