BCM

Congrats on keeping May! You guys are living the dream

There is no obvious alternative at present.

Corbyn is really showing his true colours this week (a kind of muddy brown / grey)

He is great at telling other people that their opinions are shite without actually bringing any of his own to the table.  The fact that he doesn't want to meet with Maybot to discuss Brexit tells me that he has no opinions of his own that are worth discussing.

Saying that "we are a democratic party and our members will decide" is horseshit and I hope the members soon decide to boot him out and find someone with a spine.

Do you get the vibe he's a lovely bloke though? I feel like he's his own brand of cunt

I kind of agree yes, but I know a couple of people who have met him and said he was really nice. They are ardent Corbyn supporters though... Yeah he's probably a cunt as well.

Congrats on keeping May! You guys are living the dream

Corbyn is really showing his true colours this week (a kind of muddy brown / grey)

He is great at telling other people that their opinions are shite without actually bringing any of his own to the table.  The fact that he doesn't want to meet with Maybot to discuss Brexit tells me that he has no opinions of his own that are worth discussing.

Saying that "we are a democratic party and our members will decide" is horseshit and I hope the members soon decide to boot him out and find someone with a spine.

see, where are you getting your news from? it was may that excluded corbyn from crossparty talks after the vote lost.

I don't think that's accurate, they've been fairly clear and consistent on what their brexit strategy is. The problem though is that it's just as unworkable and unrealistic as the Tory version. This bullshit has been going on for years now and everyone involved seems to be still struggling with the basics: you want continued access to the single market and the customs regime, you have to take its rules and obligations, this is non-negotiable. The UKs red lines prevent this (and this applies both to Labour and the Conservatives) then fine, we can have a free trade deal instead (which Labour won't advocate because of their own party divisions). This means we need a separate regime to operate in Northern Ireland though (so the Conservatives can't go this route, because of the DUP). All of this has been apparent since before the referendum (with the exception of May losing her majority and allowing the DUP to factor into the debate) and most of the politicians are either still clueless to these facts, or are just pretending to be for dumb political reasons.

he has also been clear on his alternate plan for brexit, keeping the customs union completely intact being his main priority. 

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2018/nov/18/jeremy-corbyn-to-set-out-labour-alternative-to-pms-brexit-plan

it would make more sense for him to oppose brexit, but to be fair to him, he has been sceptical of the EU the whole time it seems. 

Corbyn is the only alternative to a Tory government. The poor and homeless will be better off under a Labour government. Opinion polls are quite wrong most of the time imo.Always check the voting figures, they are more reliable. In the 2017 general election May won 13,636,684 votes. Corbyn won 12,878,460 votes. What does it mean? Well if you look at the votes for Labour and Tory were piss poor before the EU referendum.

Going against Brexit is electoral suicide. There's a hardcore on twitter and maybe 2 million die hard Liberal Democrat remainers but they don't represent the country at large.

Tory 13,636,684

Labour 12,878,460

Libdem 2,371,910

Tory 11,334,226

Labour 9,347,273

Libdem 2,415,916

UKIP 3,881,099

See, Jeremy Corbyn is a far more popular leader than the press lead us to believe. Brexit is a popular policy with Labour voters. Corbyn took Labour from 9 milion votes to nearly 13 million votes. That's a massive jump. His strategy doesn't need to be complicated.He needs to let the Tory party destroy itself. The Tory voters want a hard no deal Brexit. May isn't delivering what the Tory voters want. The danger for Corbyn is if the Tories get a hardcore right wing leader, until then it looks like he can beat May in the next election. If you look at the numbers, it seems like many UKIP voters returned to their original party in the 2017 election.

Anyway, I'm not trying to troll anyone, merely to demonstrate that the number of votes cast in an election is more representative than media propaganda and opinion polls. I did vote Corbyn at the last election. It was an easy one for me. The poor and homeless will be better off with Corbyn as Prime Minister.

The main thing the number of votes cast in the last election suggest is that Corbyn is less popular than May. There has been no evidence since then to suggest this will be any different next time around. His brexit strategy has even seen his support within in his own party decline since then. It's true that there are votes to be won in the north of England by supporting brexit, but there are lots of votes to be lost in the big metropolitan areas too, and among young people generally. He'd have been far better off focusing on and energising a single base of voters, the ones who were already pretty excited about him to begin with, instead of pissing them off.

https://www.theneweuropean.co.uk/top-stories/yougov-poll-finds-remain-now-has-largest-lead-witnessed-since-brexit-referendum-1-5855346

The poor and homeless will be better off with Corbyn as Prime Minister.

This also isn't true, and there'll be more of them.

Edited by caze

& the Zabriskie Point ost

Everything about Gove screams cunt but he likes Dennis Wheatley, it's so at odds with him.

strangely, everything makes sense now

imagine wicker pentagrams in his office and home, while Gove & Sarah Vine slaughter orphans appropriated through the anonymous heir to Sir James of Savile, crunching through their entrails in a bath of fresh blood while she conjures her Daily Smell column spells

• 2 weeks later...

Is it fuck. Whole thing is completely untenable, always has been. My prediction is extention of Article 50 for 9 months, then inevitable second vote at some point.