IGNORED

Aphex Coachella.

donquixote

Here's my up of this set - i bassed it up and normalized it then amped it <-only "remastering " I did. anyone know the original user so i can credit him/her? ITs not in the drive  textfile... https://www.mixcloud.com/keyfumbler/aphex-twin-coachella-weekend-1-2019/

nice, is it downloadable?

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Bought festival and plane tickets a few days ago to fly out and see him Saturday.  The most expensive single-show purchase I've made but I've been kicking myself for a few months about chickening out on buying a ticket when they initially went on sale (I got sticker shock) and then I wasn't able to get a ticket for NY within it's 8-second sellout.  While watching the videos of the other North America shows as they started popping up I remember how it felt to be there in person for Coachella '08 and DFN; two of the most fun and memorable experiences of my life.  I'm not a fan of what Coachella has turned into but I told myself I wouldn't miss an Aphex show if it was ever within reach (aka in the US, as I don't have a passport or income to travel internationally), so here I go on a whirlwind weekend trip that will be much more exciting than a normal one at work and home.

Also, the person who recorded the high quality audio version of weekend 1 said on Reddit that they're going to record this weekend also.  Just FYI to keep an eye out for early next week.

Listened to that set today at work. Got this desk where I can stand or sit at and was shaking my ass off while standing there with headphones on. Truly a great set and great work on the sound!!! Thanks a lot.

Wow thanks for doing some mastering and uploading, I think I need that first track separated so I can play it on repeat for a few weeks.

Why is he so good at catchy, evocative melodies?

After listening to the other recording of the w32.deadcode I think it's just an unreleased mix of the same track. not really "played live". 

tied to up it to downloads section..... no joy

Does this dropbox link work?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/qo5c22wseq3dvo2/aphex-twin-2019-04-13-coachella-aud-16bit-t02-fullset.wav?dl=0

Thank you so much for this.  Great work.

Awesome Thanks will go nice on 4/20 in Dublin City:)

Wow thanks for doing some mastering and uploading, I think I need that first track separated so I can play it on repeat for a few weeks.

Tears keep falling during that First Track:)

Thanks for the Healing RDJ:)

Have Fun on 4/20 in the State of Cannabis

Can't wait to go to my Fourth Rave in the last Two Weeks!

It definitely feeels like I'm there Raving when watching/listening/dancing to the Awesome Recordings:)

Mexico City/New York/LA

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

i doubt afx will allow coachella to livecast his set due to unreleased tracks becoming available in soundboard quality.  God damn I want to head to the airport and catch tomorrows set.  

I'm almost 100% certain at this point that the "ambient" tracks he is playing at first are actually being played completely live on hardware and not DJ'd. One obvious clue is that in this coachella set he accidentally switches the live version of the "Tha" bassline for 2 bars, the same version of Tha that he played at the ceremonia set in the midst of all the others. There's also no noticeable crossfading but the order of tracks and which patterns he chooses changes from set to set. Also the drum layer sounds very live and human. Sounds like he's been adding to it in his hotel room in between his sets and fleshing things out more. The coachella one sounds the most fleshed out, with all the drums, and the amount of content in it. it's totally possible that these are sampled loops, but my bet is that he has a small setup going on with real/software synths and drum machines. I think he's testing the waters for doing a real live set, he filled up nearly 20 minutes. I wouldn't be surprised if the 2nd coachella set includes more of this "live" content, could be chilling in his hotel room right now eating a burrito and messing with some new patterns.

God damn I want to head to the airport and catch tomorrows set.  

Make it a Reality and have Fun:)

I keep listening up to the 17:00 mark then back to the beginning of the set

can't stop Dancing

Awesome:)

:aphexsign: :aphexsign: :aphexsign:

the track reddit is calling "metal perc ???" at 51:20, haven't heard ppl discussing it or i've missed it. also played @ avant gardener.

what's the consensus? new afx? almost sounds like no stillson 6 cirk with the relentless percussion..? either way it sounded next level live.

the track reddit is calling "metal perc ???" at 51:20, haven't heard ppl discussing it or i've missed it. also played @ avant gardener.

what's the consensus? new afx? almost sounds like no stillson 6 cirk with the relentless percussion..? either way it sounded next level live.

https://dunerecordsepsylonn.bandcamp.com/track/gipsy-shermann

the google drive mp3 still available (.. and sounds better imo:^) .. pls don't hurt me!! )

Here's my up of this set - i bassed it up and normalized it then amped it <-only "remastering " I did. anyone know the original user so i can credit him/her? ITs not in the drive  textfile... https://www.mixcloud.com/keyfumbler/aphex-twin-coachella-weekend-1-2019/

the owner's reddit alias is 'feedmenik'.

the google drive mp3 still available (.. and sounds better imo:^) .. pls don't hurt me!! )

the owner's reddit alias is 'feedmenik'.

Thanks, hadn't listened to that one yet, so will try it. Have a long drive ahead so wanted it badly... 

Archived